Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (45 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Verratti pretty much does it all. Would cost less than SMS.
How do you know that

- - - Updated - - -

The outlay for Verratti would have to be bigger than SMS. Plus the guy's paid like a king at PSG. He would've to take a paycut to come here. Barca and madrid have struggled to sign him. I'm pretty sure its going to be 20x difficult for us. SMS is a much much easier target to sign in comparison.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 29, 2006
How do you know that

- - - Updated - - -

The outlay for Verratti would have to be bigger than SMS. Plus the guy's paid like a king at PSG. He would've to take a paycut to come here. Barca and madrid have struggled to sign him. I'm pretty sure its going to be 20x difficult for us. SMS is a much much easier target to sign in comparison.
110%. 'Verratti can do it all', 'easier to sign' ...:spliff: :rofl:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Watch us get rid of a longtime juventino like Asa cause we don't want't to give him a payraise/think he's not good enough anymore, just to go and sign Darmian for €4m a year in return.

Apr 29, 2006
What if we sell Pjanic and replace him with Verratti?

:shifty:
Transfer fees might be similar if we get a great offer for Pjanic and Verratti is allowed to leave, but the wage-cut Verratti has to take is a lot to ask. I know he is a juve fan and the team spirit here might be good for his character, but still a lot of money. He would be one of the highest earners here, if not the highest even with the wage cut.

One reason PSG might be willing to offload is their salary structure. A lot of taxes in France and he earns 12 mils (250k/weekly) per year without taxes, right?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
financial fair play issues PSG is going through with UEFA.

Lazio will crush us at the negotiating table. SMS is easily worth 100m+, Verratti, probably not so much.
plus we have good relations with PSG. we take all their crap players of their books last few years, like Coman or Matuidi :beppe:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I get it. Verratti is the shining beacon of hope for a generation of very average Italian players, but...

1.) He's injury prone
2.) He lacks discipline
3.) He's no longer that young promising player he once was
4.) He's quite inconsistent
5.) He strikes me as mentally fragile

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Serie A is our catchment area

Its the league where we can still attract top talent since we have all the prestige and the leverage and the finances to go with it. You have to go back to 2011 where we signed a top player from outside Italy(Vidal) but he was more like the exception to the rule. We've mostly signed unwanted players from abroad and achieved high success rate. Next thing you're going to tell me is that Verratti is an Italian, Juventus fan and has Raiola as an agent and it all adds up but tell me when have PSG sold a top player since the Qatari's came to power ? They've had FFP issues since the beginning, its not new. Even if they had to sell someone, i'd bet on it being Neymar since he's acting like a douchebag that has pissed off his entire team and he's doing all this perhaps to secretly engineer a move to Madrid. Even then i wouldnt count on it.

Secondly , the outlay in terms of BOTH transfer fees and wages is going to be huge for Verratti. We have to break our wage barrier to bring him here and atm that's unsustainable for a club like us.

SMS on the other hand is an up and comer, plays for a selling club who would sell in an instant if the offer is good and is on miniscule wages. If there were to appear a situation where we have to fork out 100M for him and if we think he's worth it, we would do it. Whether its by financing it with a Dybala sale is another matter.\

Thirdly , and most importantly is tactical. Where would he fit in our team ? We're basically talking about selling our most reliable CM to accommodate him, we're chopping and changing again and Allegri would need another 6 months to figure out his best team. We are not going to challenge in Europe this way.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
I get it. Verratti is the shining beacon of hope for a generation of very average Italian players, but...

1.) He's injury prone
2.) He lacks discipline
3.) He's no longer that young promising player he once was
4.) He's quite inconsistent
5.) He strikes me as mentally fragile
beggars cant be choosers

our only chance to pick up a good player is when his reputation in the football world is in shambles

this is why getting Verratti is much easier than SMS who is hyped to the moon and monitored by britbong clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)