Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (23 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GIGIthebest

Jul 25, 2014
These Martial rumours are weird, but they're way too consistent to not be a little true, similar to the Douglas signing last summer. Any credible sources? I would really like the signing, but I'm confused as to where he'd play here? Dybala, Higuain, Douglas Costa, and Bernardeschi all deserve a starting spot, and you put him in the squad, thats 5 top class players competing for a maximum of 3 positions, because I doubt we'll play with two CMs. Also not forgetting Mandzukic and Cuadrado, plus Pjaca who returns from loan, obviously we'll sell at least one of those three if martial were to come, but still confuses me. Anyone with an idea?

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Indeed, there is no point at further discussing a Higgy sale, it ain't happening.
Dybala will leave, but not after such a terrible end of the season.
If Buffon retires,we will be forced to make a 100mil investment on Donnarumma.
Chiellini and benatia will be our starter CBs, Rugani should stay and Barza should last untill Caldara is ready.
And our massive and immediate problems are our wingbacks.
Marotta has a weakness there, he struggles to find decent wingbacks.
Licht and Asa are running out of contracts, considering the frequent health issues and age, chances are that they will not extend and will make 0 profit of their departs.
Sandro obviously asked to leave to and new age Juventus grants that wish, even at immense financial loses, so expect a 40mil profit.
With Spina+MDS alone we will reach a new low of performance,
Darmian is the most likely candidate, but he is mediocre and is likely to absorb most of the Sandro income...
So the defense will be massively downgraded.
Marotta always finds a cheap-free CM, but most of the times with a DM profile. What we need is someone to help Pjanic with the build up and still be capable of replacing him when injured\suspended, only marchisio could do that, but he is never fit and likely to go too.
But with 40mil we will get someone.
At the attack i don't expect any changes we will buy Costa, hopefully Berna will live up to expectations and Pjaca will get a last chance.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Indeed, there is no point at further discussing a Higgy sale, it ain't happening.
Dybala will leave, but not after such a terrible end of the season.
If Buffon retires,we will be forced to make a 100mil investment on Donnarumma.
Chiellini and benatia will be our starter CBs, Rugani should stay and Barza should last untill Caldara is ready.
And our massive and immediate problems are our wingbacks.
Marotta has a weakness there, he struggles to find decent wingbacks.
Licht and Asa are running out of contracts, considering the frequent health issues and age, chances are that they will not extend and will make 0 profit of their departs.
Sandro obviously asked to leave to and new age Juventus grants that wish, even at immense financial loses, so expect a 40mil profit.
With Spina+MDS alone we will reach a new low of performance,
Darmian is the most likely candidate, but he is mediocre and is likely to absorb most of the Sandro income...
So the defense will be massively downgraded.
Marotta always finds a cheap-free CM, but most of the times with a DM profile. What we need is someone to help Pjanic with the build up and still be capable of replacing him when injured\suspended, only marchisio could do that, but he is never fit and likely to go too.
But with 40mil we will get someone.
At the attack i don't expect any changes we will buy Costa, hopefully Berna will live up to expectations and Pjaca will get a last chance.
Higuain wont be sold thats right
Why should we spend 100M on Donnarumma? he costs less and at this pice we can get Oblak who is much better...
We will definitely get more than 40M for A.Sandro
Why people keep dissing Spinazzola before even giving him a chance?!

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Who'll buy Higuain ? We just cant afford to make a loss like that and sell him for peanuts. Lets be practical here.
i didn't check the last financial report, but higuain's book value might be somewhere around 54m (his 90m price spread over 5 years of his contract, with 2 years already passed of those 5). when you're talking about any potential loss, forget those 90m's and think about his current value for the club.

in case we'd sell him around 55-60m, we'd be covered financially, and we'd save his wages, too.

we won't sell him btw. it's dybala's and sandro's turn this year to balance the books. :beppe2:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
I'll play devils advocate and say a new coach and major changes will happen. I reckon dybala and sandro will be sold to fund some major changes in the team.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
That gave me a semi.

To bad it will never happen. Max has said a number off times that Dybala can not be a CF for Juve.
Thats because the way we play, but if we had another approach, he could have played as a false 9. Will never happen tho.

And cronios, we are by no means obliged to buy donnarumma, even worst, for 100 mils?

Dude, f u c k donarrumma and his hype.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I see a lot of expectations for this summer window that will be followed by disappointment.
The secret for happy life is low expectations :D
We just don't have the revenue, and Italian talent pool has been pretty poor lately.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice cheeky "chip cross" from Sami, too.
That was legendary. Also his assist against Spurs. Isn't it funny that players Tuz loves to hate (Sami, Mandzukic, Licht, and Matuidi) were the ones who engineered the (almost) historic comeback?

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
The secret for happy life is low expectations :D
We just don't have the revenue, and Italian talent pool has been pretty poor lately.

- - - Updated - - -

That was legendary. Also his assist against Spurs. Isn't it funny that players Tuz loves to hate (Sami, Mandzukic, Licht, and Matuidi) were the ones who engineered the (almost) historic comeback?
We need the old Beppe to find Vidals, Pirlos and bargains like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)