Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (64 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
pjanic, but they are exactly same type. and yeah, juve spent over 200m
Around 150m net, around 250m without sales.

Marotta's budget is for salaries too of course, but hard to calculate that without knowing what % of Ronaldo's salary will be paid by Exor/FCA/Ferrari. Rumor was 20m of the 30m which makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

dunno, I thought the Chelsea rumors were legit, too much noise for a fake story.
Chelsea wanting to sign him was legit, we willingly selling him wasn't. Don't believe everything sports journos publish.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Yes, it's a serious question because not too long ago the same people rated Kovacic higher than Pjanic. Before no Kovacic at WC and Pjanic 80m+ rumors happened.

Does your memory only go as far back as 2 yrs ago?

So, Pogba is being overrated bc of WC, but SMS is being correctly rated based solely on WC lol. You guys were salivating and premature ejaculating at the thought of SMS not too long ago.

But being a Kosovar, you're excused for hating on a Serb.
I can talk for myself, I never ever rated Kovacic higher than Pjanic , even though i would like him here .

Yeah race card lol , I don’t hate him,actually i would like him here , but never at expense of losing Pjanic for him .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I have no idea what you're on about and how this relates to my post. But since you talk absolute bollocks when it comes to Pjanic, much to the point that you called Matuidi 'our most important midfielder and the one adds balance' just to sound different , its hard to take that opinion seriously. Matuidi is nothing more than a rich man's Sturaro at best. You can get just about any half decent DM/B2B who runs his lungs out and they'd add 'balance' to this midfield, its not hard lol.
Oh dear.

I also assumed that Cancelo dig was aimed at me. I never called him great defensively , just that he's more of a RB than Cuadrado will ever be. You were ofcourse laughing off the rumours when we were linked to him and had Cuadrado at RB in all your hypothetical lineups. I guess the club must see something in Cancelo to bring a guy who actually starts at RB for his previous clubs and country than experimenting with a makeshift one like Cuadrado.
You vehemently disagreed that Cancelo can be braindead defensively.

It's a mixture of believing/not believing the rumors and wanting what I think should happen which was allocating that money (40m!) towards a CM instead of an incomplete RB (but one who on his day can dominate his flank with the ball, both are clear to see) who needs work. It was clear later on we were genuinely interested in signing him. And you're forgetting that Cancelo signing lead to Ronaldo signing. No one is complaining about signing Cancelo now. But you've to make sense about your complaints and wants. Money doesn't fall from trees. You've to make sacrifices somewhere to sign another CM which seems to have escaped you amidst all your "need another CM" rants.

A little factoid for you: Cuadrado "actually started at RB for his previous clubs and country."

- - - Updated - - -

I can talk for myself, I never ever rated Kovacic higher than Pjanic , even though i would like him here .

Yeah race card lol , I don’t hate him,actually i would like him here , but never at expense of losing Pjanic for him .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No race card, was in jest.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Chelsea wanting to sign him was legit, we willingly selling him wasn't. Don't believe everything sports journos publish.
If we never considered selling him, why only Rugani's agent has come out to say that? Of course it's a discussion of how I feel and how you feel, because we can't get into Marotta's head, but I feel that we would've sold Rugani if Chelsea came with a decent proposal for the combo of him and Higuain :D The rumors kept coming out for far too long without Marotta or the club denying anything afaik

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
All these delusional dreams about Pogba or SMS need to end. We should go for someone talented but more realistic like Ndombele.
but what for? Will he be any better than any of our current mids? We will go in this season with what we have and then see how Can and Benta develop. If they fail to improve and be starters we will probably replace Khedira with star player next year.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
but what for? Will he be any better than any of our current mids? We will go in this season with what we have and then see how Can and Benta develop. If they fail to improve and be starters we will probably replace Khedira with star player next year.
He is already more complete than any of our midfielders. He is athletic, hard working, and a good tackler. He has great technical ability, he can dribble, drive forward with the ball, and find a through-pass.

In the current market it’s very difficult to buy multiple established stars in one window. You have to take a punt at young guns sometimes.

If we go into the current season with what we have, we will definitely not win the Champions League. Allegri will start Khedira and Matuidi in big games no doubt, and we will get overpowered in midfield like we always do.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
If we don’t add another mid, I’m going to assume there’s a great bit of faith in Bentancur.

Secretly I’m hoping one of the youngsters in the u23 side force their way into the picture.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Quite a bit. I didn't suddenly just bring him up from nowhere. I've seen a fair few matches of him and IMO he perfectly fits what Allegri would want in a midfielder.

I just don't want Khedira to be a starter next season.
I didnt imply you are a youtuber - I only wanted to know that its a scouting done well..
He does seems very good but I only saw what you posted so my knowledge about him aspires to zero..
How much do you think Lyon would ask for him?
According to Transfermarkt his value should be around 25M and his contract is up in 2020

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Good luck Stefano - loved his spirit, but simply not good enough for Juve. Anyway he was really useful for us.

- - - Updated - - -

So only Kean left to deal with and we are done with mercato I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 64)