Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (50 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
If we never considered selling him, why only Rugani's agent has come out to say that? Of course it's a discussion of how I feel and how you feel, because we can't get into Marotta's head, but I feel that we would've sold Rugani if Chelsea came with a decent proposal for the combo of him and Higuain :D The rumors kept coming out for far too long without Marotta or the club denying anything afaik
we totally considered selling him , but only at package deal with higuain.
chealsea didn't probably want higuain as they considered to much for a 31 year old(chealsea's only acquisition of a player over 31 in recent times was giroud for only 17 mil though) and milan wanted caldara+higuain so here we are.

Sashazulu

Jan 19, 2017
All these delusional dreams about Pogba or SMS need to end. We should go for someone talented but more realistic like Ndombele.
I 100% agree with you. People in this forum think we will be spending another 120 mil. for Pogba or SMS after paying a fortune for Cristiano.
On top of this many here talk and talk without any knowledge. Mark, I think he did, make a wonderful forum, but to many kinds in it.
example Kovacic is better than Pjanic? Matuidi is a bad player? The stupidity in here is king.
Yes people learn to watch players. Ndombele is a great player and only 21, look and watch Lyon for a number of games. This guy has talent.
Next year the big EPL teams will jump on him. But in here we only see Serie A and look at SMS and wanna spend 120 mil what has he done more than Ndombele. In reality nothing.Oh yes the Serie A. is way superior than Ligue 1. But where do all the WC winners come from?
I do not come often here and there is a reason, but again compliments to Canadian? Mark for the wonderful forum he made. Chapeau

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
All these delusional dreams about Pogba or SMS need to end. We should go for someone talented but more realistic like Ndombele.
We don't have the money to buy Ndombele or anyone else.

We spent ~150m net. Will be 130m after we sell Kean. A little less after we sell a few players for 1 or 2m.

Only way we were going to get a CM was if we sold Pjanic for 100m (which no one was gonna pay, but we set that price bc that's what was needed to buy SMS) and used that money to get a younger, better CM - a mezzala, which is what we lack.

No one else will be signed, and the window will close soon. We've to wait till next summer to complete the squad. Unlike previous summers, we only have one weakness or one area to improve on.

And that's fine. Still a 10/10 mercato. We ran out of money after signing Ronaldo, can't complain about that. Keeping AS was important, and selling Higuain was another big, very important operation.

If we don’t add another mid, I’m going to assume there’s a great bit of faith in Bentancur.

Secretly I’m hoping one of the youngsters in the u23 side force their way into the picture.
Bentancur is a regista, he doesn't have the stamina to play B2B. Will deputize for Pjanic, same as last season.

they all are in the same level i expect a fun year
On paper, Inter is better than others and should easily finish 2nd, but with them being Inter, they'll prolly crawl to third.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
If it ends this way, 10/10 Mercato for me.

For the first time in many years we're keeping all the starters and we brought in Ronaldo.

Could't ask for much more.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Imo, what we packed the most as a team struggling in the late CL stages, was a difference maker like CR7,Messi and Bale
I thought it was impossible to get one for various reasons, yet a miracle happened and we did!

After that, what we packed the most was a CAM, we have a striking inability to pass the ball from our midfielders to our forwards,
a decent starter right fullback is needed, esp after watching Licht leaving
and possibly more defensive solidarity in the back, which was great in most games, but still able to concede 3 goals from the toughest teams. Or a Benatia effort that results in a penalty in the last moments of nearly an epic 3-0 comeback and going for to tie with the very best.

We planned well to cover all that, with Golovin, Cancelo and Godin for Benatia.
Yet since CR7 has happened, we needed to adapt. With Can and him, it was deemed that our offensive issues will be somewhat relieved. Joao was an opportunity we couldn't miss and Spina injury made it a priority, rightfully.

As good as it gets so far,can 10/10 in my books

And then we focused at balancing the books, as it was prooved, we only needed to sell Higuain for 55mil, nearly half the price we got him.
And this is were it really gets tough for Beppe, the man really is a lousy seller, he can't convince anyone, unless he is already convinced. He failed to sell Benatia, got nada from Buffon, Light and Asamoah.

So he was drawn into talks with Chelsea, that only got worse and worse and while it felt we will be forced to lose Rugani too, the worst possible thing happened.
We were forced to lose Caldara+Higgy for half of their price and even worse get Bonucci back.
Bonucci was the single player in the world that could mess our team, destroy the balance in the lockers, with Allegri and the players roles.
He was the only player in the world that is rated and tolerated despite his mortal mistakes that result in disqualifications.

In so many endless choices, we could find or selves with, ending up with deals that could result into a 6-8/10 mercato, we have chosen the only one that gave us a 5/10, the only one that could unbalance the team.
There was a last detail left, we had too many players and had to get rid of one.
Sturaro was selected for that, we struggled, again and again, asked for unrealistic 20mil and ended up giving him for free, with a straight loan and the threat to come back and haunt us, this late detail could swift the balance of marginally good and end the day us 6/10, but unfortunately made it a 4/10.

We made haste moves, were unfortunate with Golovin's great WC game, got super lucky with the change in Italian taxes that allowed CR7 to come, yet we didn't managed to handle such a lifetime opportunity and blew it all in the end by bringing back Bonucci in such disgraceful manner and financial loss, quite an amateur work...

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Imo, what we packed the most as a team struggling in the late CL stages, was a difference maker like CR7,Messi and Bale
I thought it was impossible to get one for various reasons, yet a miracle happened and we did!

After that, what we packed the most was a CAM, we have a striking inability to pass the ball from our midfielders to our forwards,
a decent starter right fullback is needed, esp after watching Licht leaving
and possibly more defensive solidarity in the back, which was great in most games, but still able to concede 3 goals from the toughest teams. Or a Benatia effort that results in a penalty in the last moments of nearly an epic 3-0 comeback and going for to tie with the very best.

We planned well to cover all that, with Golovin, Cancelo and Godin for Benatia.
Yet since CR7 has happened, we needed to adapt. With Can and him, it was deemed that our offensive issues will be somewhat relieved. Joao was an opportunity we couldn't miss and Spina injury made it a priority, rightfully.

As good as it gets so far,can 10/10 in my books

And then we focused at balancing the books, as it was prooved, we only needed to sell Higuain for 55mil, nearly half the price we got him.
And this is were it really gets tough for Beppe, the man really is a lousy seller, he can't convince anyone, unless he is already convinced. He failed to sell Benatia, got nada from Buffon, Light and Asamoah.

So he was drawn into talks with Chelsea, that only got worse and worse and while it felt we will be forced to lose Rugani too, the worst possible thing happened.
We were forced to lose Caldara+Higgy for half of their price and even worse get Bonucci back.
Bonucci was the single player in the world that could mess our team, destroy the balance in the lockers, with Allegri and the players roles.
He was the only player in the world that is rated and tolerated despite his mortal mistakes that result in disqualifications.

In so many endless choices, we could find or selves with, ending up with deals that could result into a 6-8/10 mercato, we have chosen the only one that gave us a 5/10, the only one that could unbalance the team.
There was a last detail left, we had too many players and had to get rid of one.
Sturaro was selected for that, we struggled, again and again, asked for unrealistic 20mil and ended up giving him for free, with a straight loan and the threat to come back and haunt us, this late detail could swift the balance of marginally good and end the day us 6/10, but unfortunately made it a 4/10.

We made haste moves, were unfortunate with Golovin's great WC game, got super lucky with the change in Italian taxes that allowed CR7 to come, yet we didn't managed to handle such a lifetime opportunity and blew it all in the end by bringing back Bonucci in such disgraceful manner and financial loss, quite an amateur work...
Where is the financial loss on the Bonnuci deal?
Is caldara better than bonucci?
How about Higgy than Cristiano?
I fail to see the loss in quality after this mercato.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
From FIF on Modric:

lol

Those are some real mental gymnastics right there.

- - - Updated - - -

So much for "natural RB" Cancelo then lol.

Usually, Allegri waits till Oct to change tactic. This time, he has already seen enough after preseason.
The 343 is our best possible formation. Fuck Allegri for seeing that huh?

We have 4 quality CBs, and Barzagli still has his days.

We lack creativity in the midfield, so playing Cancelo and Sandro further up helps alleviate that. Spinazzola is more of a winger than a defender as well, so even when he comes back the formation doesn’t need to change.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
No need to worry about Bonucci. He has an indentured servant status, begged to come back, and will do as he's told.

We broke even with Higuain. "Sold" him for exactly what we needed sell him for. 54m + 15-20m in salary with taxes & bonuses saved + 17-18m in depreciation cost saved. Milan was our only hope (no one else at Chelsea besides Sarri wanted him), and they did us a huge favor, Abbiatti loan level.

Caldara case is unfortunate. I guess we couldn't find a buyer for Benatia. Only Marseille was interested before. But I'm sure we can buy Caldara or Romagnoli in a couple of years if we want.

Golovin seemed decent, not a must have.

- - - Updated - - -

Those are some real mental gymnastics right there.

- - - Updated - - -

The 343 is our best possible formation. Fuck Allegri for seeing that huh?

We have 4 quality CBs, and Barzagli still has his days.

We lack creativity in the midfield, so playing Cancelo and Sandro further up helps alleviate that. Spinazzola is more of a winger than a defender as well, so even when he comes back the formation doesn’t need to change.
What?

- - - Updated - - -

Lol @ Pogba wanting 23m.

If true, then he's nothing but a filthy mercenary.
23m with or without taxes?

What's the tax rate in Ingurland?

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
No need to worry about Bonucci. He has an indentured servant status, begged to come back, and will do as he's told.

We broke even with Higuain. "Sold" him for exactly what we needed sell him for. 54m + 15-20m in salary with taxes & bonuses saved + 17-18m in depreciation cost saved. Milan was our only hope (no one else at Chelsea besides Sarri wanted him), and they did us a huge favor, Abbiatti loan level.

Caldara case is unfortunate. I guess we couldn't find a buyer for Benatia. Only Marseille was interested before. But I'm sure we can buy Caldara or Romagnoli in a couple of years if we want.

Golovin seemed decent, not a must have.

- - - Updated - - -

What?

- - - Updated - - -

23m with or without taxes?

What's the tax rate in Ingurland?
In ingrand:lol: they usually talk with taxes.
If i have to take a guess is 23 mil with taxes.
Found this:
Football players are taxed through HMRC’s pay as you earn scheme (PAYE). This means tax is deducted at the time of payment by the club. Premier League and Football League players will pay 45% tax on earnings over £150,000 (as well as 2% National Insurance Contributions). If a club is making a payment to an image rights company rather than a salary payment through the PAYE system, the player is not being taxed on that income at 45% but rather is paying corporation tax of 20% (falling to 18% by 2020). From a club’s perspective, it does not have to pay employers national insurance contributions at 13.8% on payments to the player’s image rights companies either. The national insurance savings for a Premier League club with 25 first team players with a strong commercial programme and a raft of commercial partners can be considerable.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Footballer income tax here is the same as tax for anyone earning over £150K - 45%. Italy max is 43% for over €75K. Spain is 45% for over €60K. France 45% over €153K. It's all pretty par in regards to footballers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)