Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (34 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
SMS will definitely not going to join Milan
Modric - I`d be surprised if he ends there even though reports say he wants to leave - There is no way Real will let their 2 best players go in 1 summer...
Pjanic - If he goes we will get either Pogba or SMS so dont worry about that too much
Big dildo - I think its going to Inter as well or did Napoli hijack the deal already?!
I think RM want to revamp their squad, look at all the talent they have. I also read that Modric has a gentleman agreement with Perez to let him go if he asks out. I see merda landing him knowing their history with Croatian players. It would like going on holiday with family for Modric and he can become the second big transfer for serie a to compete against Ronaldo’s.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com

Plusvalenza

The Photoshop Pervert
Jan 6, 2009
Tuttosport says Marotta works hard to secure Chiesa, Rabiot and La Gumina for 2019.

Antonino La Gumina, what a great name, potentially more shirts sold than Ronaldo. Besides, looking just as young Maxi Lopez, he should be offered 10M just for banging Wanda :lol:

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
Tuttosport says Marotta works hard to secure Chiesa, Rabiot and La Gumina for 2019.

Antonino La Gumina, what a great name, potentially more shirts sold than Ronaldo. Besides, looking just as young Maxi Lopez, he should be offered 10M just for banging Wanda :lol:
What dissapointing news , i guess that means there is no more players incoming. Well, great mercato overall, just worried about depth in the cm place. Pjanic injury would kill us

Apr 19, 2007
What dissapointing news , i guess that means there is no more players incoming. Well, great mercato overall, just worried about depth in the cm place. Pjanic injury would kill us
It would only kill us because pof his quality. Not because we dont have backups. Marchisio and Bentancur arent bad players but no one on our team is the level of Pjanic. I think our midfield is looking pretty good. If we dont add a top quality player I dont think we need anyone even if we sell Stu

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
Thiago would be a great pick up if we sell Pjanic.

Pogba-Thiago-Can would be an excellent MF.
The point here is not to sell pjanic, but rather bring in someone who can complement him , or give him a rest when needed. Selling pjanic makes no sense, especially since can and Matuidi are more ball winners than playmakers. Then again this all depends on how highly bentancur is rated and if he is the one that will be stepping in

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
How are we short? Is sturaro definetly out ?
I mean until I read otherwise, I’m going to assume/dream sturaro is out. And if he’s out, we’d be going into the season two players short, because Spinazzola is out as well. Can’t see a club that plays in three competitions being ok with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Here’s a theoretical question

Would you sell Pjanic if it meant Modric and SMS?

Apr 19, 2007
The point here is not to sell pjanic, but rather bring in someone who can complement him , or give him a rest when needed. Selling pjanic makes no sense, especially since can and Matuidi are more ball winners than playmakers. Then again this all depends on how highly bentancur is rated and if he is the one that will be stepping in
How many players do you think we need for cm?

Jul 13, 2010
Can Khedira matuidi pjanic bentancur marchiso. How is this not enough? 6cm's are enough whatever formation and whatever amount of games we are about to play

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Exactly.
We need Top CM alongside Pjanic in order to improve not INSTEAD of him...
Can/Matuidi - Pjanic - TOP Cm should be our starters

Khedira, Bentancur, Marchisio rotation/back up.

- - - Updated - - -

Can Khedira matuidi pjanic bentancur marchiso. How is this not enough? 6cm's are enough whatever formation and whatever amount of games we are about to play
Enough as a number. But not good enough quality wise.

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
Honestly don't think Allegri would play with 2 deep-lying playmakers.
According to whoscored these are his midfields:
2017-2018
1) Matuidi-Pjanic-Khedira
2) Matuidi-Marchisio-Khedira
2016-2017
-We started so badly, so we converted to a two man midfield.
-We played Pjanic as a Mezzala with Hernanes, which was a disaster.
-We often played Sturaro due to a lack of depth.
2015-2016
-We played either Pogba-Marchisio-Khedira or Pogba-Lemina-Khedira
2014-2015
-We either played:
Pogba-Marchisio-Vidal
or
Pogba-Pirlo-Vidal

Milan:
often played
Gattuso-Van Bommel-Seedorf

My point:
Allegri doesn't tend to deploy dual deep lying playmakers. Pjanic can play Mezzala, but Allegri prefers him as regista and he has had more success there.

I don't see him going for
Pjanic-Thiago-Khedira

Ideally we keep Pjanic and sign Pogba. But if it's a choice of keeping Pjanic and signing Thiago vs. Getting Pogba & Signing Adriano, I'd take the second pair.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
When I said they’re short, I meant the whole squad. Assuming Sturaro leaves, they’ll be one short of the maximum 25, and two short if you count Spinazzola.

But if we want to go deeper, I wouldn’t rely on either Marchisio or Khedira. They both look finished (at top clubs.) Not to mention they’re making 8m combined. There would be better ways to spend that. Unfortunately it’s probably too late to sell either one.

Apr 19, 2007
When I said they’re short, I meant the whole squad. Assuming Sturaro leaves, they’ll be one short of the maximum 25, and two short if you count Spinazzola.

But if we want to go deeper, I wouldn’t rely on either Marchisio or Khedira. They both look finished (at top clubs.) Not to mention they’re making 8m combined. There would be better ways to spend that. Unfortunately it’s probably too late to sell either one.
I dont know how realistioc it is to think that Khedira and Marchisio being to week for 5th and 6th choice cms.

- - - Updated - - -

I know we all want a top cm. Yes our squad would be the best in the world if we got Pogba or another guy but lets be somewhat realistic and know that we are a top 3 without any changes. If we really need to we can switch to a 4-2-3-1 if we really need to rest players against some serie a teams

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
As it stands,

Pjanic > Khedira > Matuidi > Can > Bentancur > Marchisio

I'm hoping Can moves up the list, but I guess its going to take some time as he seems to have fitness issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)