Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (76 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Who would have thought that it would actually be us who strengthen Milan while they weaken us.
Weaken us? Milan even with Higuain and Caldara will still be a shiittshow. Caldara will probably be back with us in a few season anyway. Milan ain’t exactly going places.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Marotta and Paratici meet Milan
By Football Italia staff

Juventus directors Giuseppe Marotta and Fabio Paratici are at Casa Milan to close the deals for Mattia Caldara, Leonardo Bonucci, and Gonzalo Higuain.

The two clubs have agreed a deal whereby Caldara and Bonucci will be exchanged, while Pipita will move to on loan San Siro for €18m, with an option to make the deal permanent next summer for a further €36m.

Now Juve’s general manager, Marotta, and sporting director, Paratici, have been spotted arriving at Casa Milan, presumably to close the deal.

Bonucci left the Old Lady last summer to make the move to San Siro, but he wants to return and could even take a pay cut to do so.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Ahh yes, because we didn't upgrade Higuain to Ronaldo. It is major downgrade. I'm sure we shall have much more trouble scoring now without Higuain. :baus:
Lmao some fans are out of their minds. I don’t even like Bonucci, theres proof on this very forum of me wanting to sell him before last summer, but even I can admit he was a top 5 CB two seasons ago. I just wanted to cash in on him while his value was at its highest because I think CBs are the easiest position to find, especially when you’ve got the resources Juve has (money, top scouting department)

This doesn’t weaken us at all. Not in the immediate future. We just lose a top prospect, but if we eventually replace him with a de ligt, no one will care.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
People here really wanted to continue trash talking Milan and Bonucci for their failure last season but if you can't find a reason to laugh at our "rivals" after winning scudetto 7 years in a row and just signing the best player in the world it's pathetic to expect Beppe can help you.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
https://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/milan-juventus-meeting-to-close-higuain-deal-the-pictures

Today could be the decisive day for Gonzalo Higuain’s transfer to Milan. After the Argentine’s striker’s brother and agent Nicolas met with the clubs yesterday, today Juventus are meeting with the rossoneri to resolve the final details, including the financial aspests of his departure from the bianconeri and the details of his contract with Milan, at least for the first season which will be on loan- the subsequent years of the contract have been addressed since there’s an agreement where Milan will redeem Higuain next summer.

These are decisive hours for Higuain’s future, once his transfer to Milan is resolved it will also unblock the swap of Bonucci for Caldara. Milan’s new squad is starting to take shape, these are decisive hours.

[GDM]

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I want to make sure that I get this straight.

Replacing Higuain with the GOAT, and exchanging a 24 year old who never played one single minute with us for a CB who before last season, was considered a Top 5 CB in the world who when he was sold, set the twitterverse on fire with how bad of a move that was, somehow weakens us?

Hang on, I have to write this out.

Higuain- OUT

GOAT- In

24 year old who never played for us- Out

CB who was regarded as top shelf EXACTLY 12 months ago- In.

Makes sense. We are weaker

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
People here really wanted to continue trash talking Milan and Bonucci for their failure last season but if you can't find a reason to laugh at our "rivals" after winning scudetto 7 years in a row and just signing the best player in the world it's pathetic to expect Beppe can help you.
Plus, how is it not amusing that they "poached" one of our best players last summer and made him their captain, only for him to turn to shit there and ask for a transfer back to his old club. :hihi:

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I want to make sure that I get this straight.

Replacing Higuain with the GOAT, and exchanging a 24 year old who never played one single minute with us for a CB who before last season, was considered a Top 5 CB in the world who when he was sold, set the twitterverse on fire with how bad of a move that was, somehow weakens us?

Hang on, I have to write this out.

Higuain- OUT

GOAT- In

24 year old who never played for us- Out

CB who was regarded as top shelf EXACTLY 12 months ago- In.

Makes sense. We are weaker
Logic doesn't work here my friend, did you forget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 76)