Feb 9, 2013
watch my meltdown then :D

the top of my "ffs beppe do not sell" list looks like:
- pjanic
- dybala
- costa
- caldara (yes)
- sandro
I'm just happy we haven't sold a starter yet. Would be first time in 3 years getting through a mercato without selling starting XI players.

If Caldara is gone, i'll just convince myself we never had him in the first place :p

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Are we really that desperate for Bonucci? Or desperate to get rid of Higuain?
Milan was the only buyer for Higuain. They couldnt afford Higuain unless they sell Bonucci (cant afford wages of both), so they had to get rid of him.
Bonucci also wanted to leave, but as always with this guy, he wants to stay in Italy, so no buyers. So only Juve could buy him.
Milan also had to find Bonu replacement and we have too many defenders if Bonu is to come. Also Milan inisted on Mattia to be included in the deal.

From managment perspective (when u take into consideration players quality, players will and $) both clubs have gains from this deal.
We reduce already big squad and wont have to pay huge wages to a bench player. While Milan gets their star striker and sell unhappy player.
Caldara is the victim for us, but we still improve defense, though we get older guy for a "prospect" (even though can you really call 24 years old player a prospect?).

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
According to Italian outlet Tutto Mercato Web, Chelsea are set to hold a meeting with Juventus in Milan today.

And a potential deal for Rugani is top of their agenda going into the talks.

:shifty:

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
FACT: While most here are nagging and bitching, the club is doing everything in their power to ensure that next season's starting XI is better than the previous one. And it will be, by quite some margin.

Yes, Bonucci will come, and yes, what he did last year was despicable. But surely you must see that getting an experienced highly regarded CB for an unproven youngster is an upgrade?

And I'm saying this in spite of the fact that I want Caldara to stay. In a few years, he can become a very good defender. I don't believe he will be a new Barzagli or a new Nesta, but I believe he will be quality. So it's a shame to lose him when considering the long term.

But the club has decided that this year is the year we go all in, and they are banking on ready-made stars / experienced internationals rather than youth. In my opinion, sometimes this is justified. Unless you wanna be Arsenal and opt for youth all over the park so as to claim: "Some day, lads! Some days these headless chickens will be very good and then we'll win lads!"

We have a squad full of world class players and superstars now, the team is improving and our popularity and revenues are soaring. And we just signed the best player in the world. We got Cancelo and Can on board and now Chiellini soon will partner up with a top CB who he has great chemistry with.

We're a fantastic team and ready to push for trophies on all fronts, even in Europe where we are among the favourites next season.

All thanks to a disgusting management and a 2/10 mercato ::lol3::

dyl1dyl

May 9, 2012
Wage wise we trade:
Higuain (7,5 net/15m gross) and Caldara (2m net/4m gross) for Bonucci (5,5m net, 11 gross) so we save around 8m gross in wages.
yeah, that isnt insignificant but its not huge either. overall, the deal isnt a disaster but its far from great too. i guess if bonucci can hit his pre Milan form again, might be worth it. that ball distribution could be key to overcoming a midfield press

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Haven't Chelsea already submitted an offer for Rugani and we rejected it
There are conflicting reports right now. Some say Chelsea were unable to complete this deal because they dint take Higuain while this report says we could meet again today.

Hope we can keep him.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
FACT: While most here are nagging and bitching, the club is doing everything in their power to ensure that next season's starting XI is better than the previous one. And it will be, by quite some margin.

Yes, Bonucci will come, and yes, what he did last year was despicable. But surely you must see that getting an experienced highly regarded CB for an unproven youngster is an upgrade?

And I'm saying this in spite of the fact that I want Caldara to stay. In a few years, he can become a very good defender. I don't believe he will be a new Barzagli or a new Nesta, but I believe he will be quality. So it's a shame to lose him when considering the long term.

But the club has decided that this year is the year we go all in, and they are banking on ready-made stars / experienced internationals rather than youth. In my opinion, sometimes this is justified. Unless you wanna be Arsenal and opt for youth all over the park so as to claim: "Some day, lads! Some days these headless chickens will be very good and then we'll win lads!"

We have a squad full of world class players and superstars now, the team is improving and our popularity and revenues are soaring. And we just signed the best player in the world. We got Cancelo and Can on board and now Chiellini soon will partner up with a top CB who he has great chemistry with.

We're a fantastic team and ready to push for trophies on all fronts, even in Europe where we are among the favourites next season.

All thanks to a disgusting management and a 2/10 mercato ::lol3::
:delpiero:

When did positive Jem return? :p

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
There are conflicting reports right now. Some say Chelsea were unable to complete this deal because they dint take Higuain while this report says we could meet again today.

Hope we can keep him.
"Chelsea have put their support behind this transfer the manager is asking for, and they have made a pretty big offer, which Juventus are aware of. On the other hand, Juventus have several times so far been very clear and have repeated their resolve not to sell the player because they deem him important.

"And they have consistently done this throughout these past years." This is the quote of his agent few days back

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Milan was the only buyer for Higuain. They couldnt afford Higuain unless they sell Bonucci (cant afford wages of both), so they had to get rid of him.
Bonucci also wanted to leave, but as always with this guy, he wants to stay in Italy, so no buyers. So only Juve could buy him.
Milan also had to find Bonu replacement and we have too many defenders if Bonu is to come. Also Milan inisted on Mattia to be included in the deal.

From managment perspective (when u take into consideration players quality, players will and $) both clubs have gains from this deal.
We reduce already big squad and wont have to pay huge wages to a bench player. While Milan gets their star striker and sell unhappy player.
Caldara is the victim for us, but we still improve defense, though we get older guy for a "prospect" (even though can you really call 24 years old player a prospect?).

:tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)