Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (29 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
So it really seems that there are suitors for Higuain - for me its not a suprise - signing Gonzalo would almost guarantee top4 finish for both of those teams. Their fans may hate but Gonzalo is WC and TOP 5 striker in the world. Hope we get 60m for him.
Chelsea have a policy of not signing players over 30 yrs old to multi-year contracts.

They only offer 1yr contract extensions to players once they pass the age of 30.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Corriere dello Sport reports Chelsea officials are in Italy to discuss a number of deals with both Milan and Juventus.

The Premier League club have been heavily linked with a number of Serie A players following the arrival of Maurizio Sarri as Coach.

The former Napoli boss has identified several key transfer targets from his former League as he looks to improve on the Blues’ fifth place finish last season.

And the Italian daily claims the Stamford Bridge club have now sent a team of negotiators to Milan for a string of negotiations.

In their dealings with Juve, Chelsea are set to discuss the possible signings of Gonzalo Higuain, Miralem Pjanic and Daniele Rugani.

The Argentine forward appears on his way out of the Bianconeri, although Chelsea will face strong competition from Milan if they wish to land Pipita’s signature.

Sarri is also a big admirer of defender Rugani, with the 23-year-old keen on a move to England.

A deal could be done if the Old Lady are able to find a replacement, with the likes of Leonardo Bonucci and Diego Godin linked.

More difficult, however, could be the signing of Pjanic, with Juve wanting no less than a fee of €100m for the Bosnian.

Meanwhile, Corriere claims Chelsea will also talk to Milan, although not about signings of their own.

Instead, the Blues will discuss the possible sale of Alvaro Morata to the Rossoneri.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
The interview is fake, only seen a video where Marotta says "no comment" when asked on Bonucci. I would be very surprised to hear him state publicly that we want to get rid of Higuain but have problems doing so, would not put us in a good position, and also, he tends to not comment on players leaving until it happens...
I think it's pretty obvious to everyone that we want to get rid of Higuain and have problems doing so :D

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
Can't see them offering any more than 80m for pjanic. Hopefully we see a bidding war between milan and chelsea for Higuain though

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Apr 29, 2006
Chelski are a stupid club to deal with too. I wholeheartedly condone their behaviour in terms of 'not getting taken for a ride', but they have no footballing perspective. They want to get top players on good deals, but they will have no pre-season with them. Their previous coach is suing them, the next one tool a long time to come and some 'mad' contracts of friendly bonds so they can save <10m. They wanted an absurd amount for William and instead of thanking the stars Barca were stupid to offer what they did, they tried to milk it until they saw Barca overtaking ROMA for the other lolzillian. Then they panicked and tried to call Barca and lower the transfer fee :lol: , just to be turned down. Now they have to sell him to MU for LESS.

The israeli/russian citizen must find a man he trust in footballing matters (like Beppe) and leave the russian chick to overlook accounts or hide pencils. Else, he should sell the team.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Right now I`d say our mercato is 8.5 and it could grow to 9.5 if we add a midfielder like Rabiot Pogba SMS without selling Pjanic and it would change to 10 if we get Godin as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)