Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (69 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Some of you seem to be on the autism spectrum. Freaking about things you heard/didn’t hear.

As for Caldara. They just brought him over. Of course teams are interested, he’s a great prospect. That’s why juve bought him. They know what they have. They’re not stupid. The fact that Marotta/Paratici still havent earned the benefit of the doubt from some fans is ridiculous.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #23,726
    The fact that they're discussing player valuations proves there is a basis for negotiations between the two
    meelan probably did ask for Caldara but we said go suck a dick.

Player evaluations is BS. We said Higuain, Benatia or fuck off.

WE dictate that situation. Not meelan, not his dick of agent.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
    Jun 1, 2012
    meelan probably did ask for Caldara but we said go suck a dick.

Player evaluations is BS. We said Higuain, Benatia or fuck off.

WE dictate that situation. Not meelan, not his dick of agent.
    We'll wait and see

People said these kind of things when we sold them Bonucci last year so I hope what you're saying turns out to be true.

I'm going to remain skeptical about the situation for now. I'm not totally convinced.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    We'll wait and see

People said these kind of things when we sold them Bonucci last year so I hope what you're saying turns out to be true.

I'm going to remain skeptical about the situation for now. I'm not totally convinced.
    SO... because last year we sold them a 30 yr old, who had fallen out with coach and management and asked to leave, it means we are likely to sell them an uber-high potential 24 year old we just bought before he's even played a game for Juve who has expressed nothing but happiness over moving to our club?

C'mon man, while it could happen, there is no past-precedent for Marotta and Paratici making a sale like this.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
    Jun 1, 2012
    SO... because last year we sold them a 30 yr old, who had fallen out with coach and management and asked to leave, it means we are likely to sell them an uber-high potential 24 year old we just bought before he's even played a game for Juve who has expressed nothing but happiness over moving to our club?

C'mon man, while it could happen, there is no past-precedent for Marotta and Paratici making a sale like this.
    Well I remember how people were so quick to laugh off the possibility of selling Bonucci (for below market value)to a mid table team with no CL like Milan last summer. You don't need to mention the context. It was looked at in the same impossible terms like it's now involving Caldara.

I know reading too many rumours has messed up my mind but I'm still skeptical about this. I just have this bad feeling we'll sell him but with a very high buyback clause as just giving him away would be heights of stupidity. Hope to be proven wrong :xfinger:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    Well I remember how people were so quick to laugh off the possibility of selling Bonucci (for below market value)to a mid table team with no CL like Milan last summer. You don't need to mention the context. It was looked at in the same impossible terms like it's now involving Caldara.

I know reading too many rumours has messed up my mind but I'm still skeptical about this. I just have this bad feeling we'll sell him but with a very high buyback clause as just giving him away would be heights of stupidity. Hope to be proven wrong :xfinger:
    Jem being negative this summer of a sudden is stressing me out too... He's such an optimistic canine usually.

But I just don't see the Caldara sale happening. Our management has never really shown to be that short-sighted before. Even with a buyback, I really doubt it happens.

If we bring back Bonucci, I'm guessing Benatia leaves. And if Milan buys Morata, like some rumours suggest, Chelsea will likely get Higuain. And it doesn't matter imo if there is small negative on the books because of it, as long as we are offered in the 45-60mil range, we should sell.

Rugani, I'm not sure about.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
    Jem being negative this summer of a sudden is stressing me out too... He's such an optimistic canine usually.

But I just don't see the Caldara sale happening. Our management has never really shown to be that short-sighted before. Even with a buyback, I really doubt it happens.

If we bring back Bonucci, I'm guessing Benatia leaves. And if Milan buys Morata, like some rumours suggest, Chelsea will likely get Higuain. And it doesn't matter imo if there is small negative on the books because of it, as long as we are offered in the 45-60mil range, we should sell.

Rugani, I'm not sure about.
    Exactly. Caldara for Bonucci makes NO sense because then who gets benched, Benatia? That dude was arguably our best defender last season. He’s not gonna like that, nor should he. What are we gonna do, sell him too? It’d make a lot more sense to swap out Bonucci and Benatia. I’d rather not, but that’s still a more realistic idea than the Caldara one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 69)