Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (23 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Modric is already 32 years old. Ronaldo is almost 33. Though Ronaldo is 33, Ronaldo is very important for them for marketing. He will stay as much as he wants, maybe until he is 41. Also they won't find a team who will be willing to play 50 m euros for over 33 years old Ronaldo.

Asensio is very talented yet 100 m euros is way too much for him.

at Real, he plays with great players and he is a great shooter, he can sometimes score great long range goals. yet, l watched him with Spanish U21, was not more impresive than Berna.
Ronaldo is 32 and Modric is 31.

Jun 12, 2017
Schick to Inter :sad: Vidal to Milan :cry:

Matuidi to Juve :sigh:

- - - Updated - - -

Really, our mercato has been underwhelming. I expected more/better from a CL finalist, 2 time CL finalist over the past 3 years.
Mautidi is the best option for us after Strootman and Milinko Savic. PSG is willing to sell him just because he will be a back up and wants high wages for a back up.

Vidal to Milan? it's impossible. BM won't sell him. Milan only can dream. Next year he will be 31 and he wants last big contract. if BM can sign Keita, they can let him go next summer.

we gave up on Schick. so l don't care where he will go.

- - - Updated - - -

Ronaldo is 32 and Modric is 31.
9 september modric will finish his 32th.

Ronaldo is 32.5.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Mautidi is the best option for us after Strootman and Milinko Savic. PSG is willing to sell him just because he will be a back up and wants high wages for a back up.

Vidal to Milan? it's impossible. BM won't sell him. Milan only can dream. Next year he will be 31 and he wants last big contract. if BM can sign Keita, they can let him go next summer.
After Strootman, SMS, Nzonzi, Danilo Periera, and possibly William Carvalho who's apparently already a West Ham player :baus: :tup:

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

9 september modric will finish his 32th.

Ronaldo is 32.5.
My bad, I didn't read your post with much attention :D

littlePrince

Nov 10, 2014
if we want reach to kiev we must solve our problems with quality players... we need RB,CB and CM/DM
Spinazzola and matuidi can improve us? or solve our problems? we have 15 days and if we want reach to kiev we need to choice best and spend money

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Cancelo said yes to Inter and they are in pole position to sign him.
Schick close to Inter. Samp looking to buy Luciano Vietto.

According to rumors in Chile Milan is going to bid high for Vidal.
Schick story doesnt make sense to me, all of a sudden they are looking for a replacement? They sold him to us a month ago. I think he will stay another year.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
We're going to stick with 4-2-3-1. We have nowhere near enough depth in midfield to change the formation, and we're definitely not going to change it to accommodate some ageing French oaf.
No depth enough; Pjanic, Khedira, Marchisio, Betancur, Matuidi, Sturaro. 6 players for 3 spots not enough for you?

We won't change to accomodate anyone. IF we change, it'll be because our midfield is to shabby as it is now.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
No depth enough; Pjanic, Khedira, Marchisio, Betancur, Matuidi, Sturaro. 6 players for 3 spots not enough for you?

We won't change to accomodate anyone. IF we change, it'll be because our midfield is to shabby as it is now.
Matuidi is meh, Khedira is too static, Sturaro is garbage, and Bentancur lacks experience. Our only two reliable mids are Pjanic and Marchisio (form permitting). We might have enough bodies, but some of them are nowhere near good enough to actually be playing for us.

- - - Updated - - -

we won't pay 60 m euros for a destroyer.
Maybe not this year, but next year, we have to go all out revamping that midfield. Our attack is set, and I don't think we need to make many changes in defense, especially with Caldara coming in; a few minor tweaks should do it.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Vidal to milan is BS.

As for us, clearly Marchisio fit and in form will partner pjanic which isnt such a bad midfield duo...in fact it is a dam food one. Having matuidi khedira and bentancur on bench is too bad for depth plus if allegri needs to revert to a 3 man midfield then we have players for that option.

Cuadrado may be important if by some chance allegri reverts to a back 3 and needs a player who take the whole right side. If allegri nevers wants a back 3 ever again then sell him. Personally selling him and bringing in keita is a great idea.

Spinnazola will fight DS for that right back spot. There is no one else available.

Buffon
DS rugani chiellini sandro
Marchisio Pjanic
Berna dybala costa
Higuain

Yes mandzukic on bench...why? Costa is the better choice in that role and he and higuain can rotate amd stay fresh. Pjaca mandzukic and cuadrado or keita to rotate with the front 4.

Lots of depth...remember real and barca have dominated because of fire power and depth...they just had spild defences at best.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Matuidi is meh, Khedira is too static, Sturaro is garbage, and Bentancur lacks experience. Our only two reliable mids are Pjanic and Marchisio (form permitting). We might have enough bodies, but some of them are nowhere near good enough to actually be playing for us.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe not this year, but next year, we have to go all out revamping that midfield. Our attack is set, and I don't think we need to make many changes in defense, especially with Caldara coming in; a few minor tweaks should do it.
That's the definition of depth 'though. Quality is something else, which you're also downgrading out of proportion. Khedira, Matuidi and from what I've seen Betancur are quality players.

But the next mercato should definitely focus on midfield, for sure. It is indeed our weakest area. Still not all that awful 'though.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
There are not too many quality mids around though to be fair. Sometimes you just can't get what is simply not available. None of the ones we have been linked to, scream quality - even the ones we missed.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Schick to Inter :sad: Vidal to Milan :cry:

Matuidi to Juve :sigh:

- - - Updated - - -

Really, our mercato has been underwhelming. I expected more/better from a CL finalist, 2 time CL finalist over the past 3 years.
Relax dude. Vidal to Milan is not happening.

Matuidi is far from what I've wished for but we could do worse here. Right now Allegri has to figure out how to find balance we've been missing.

Rumors about Max switching to 433 for Cagliari. Good thing is true IMO.

Probable formation:

Douglas Costa - Higuain - Dybala
Khedira - Marchisio - Pjanic
AS - Chiellini - Rugani - DS
Buffon

In a couple of weeks Spinazzola would replace DS, while Matuidi would replace Khedira. At least that's what the media say.

I want 433 just to see people crying about "Dybala can't play on the wing" :D

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Relax dude. Vidal to Milan is not happening.

Matuidi is far from what I've wished for but we could do worse here. Right now Allegri has to figure out how to find balance we've been missing.

Rumors about Max switching to 433 for Cagliari. Good thing is true IMO.

Probable formation:

Douglas Costa - Higuain - Dybala
Khedira - Marchisio - Pjanic
AS - Chiellini - Rugani - DS
Buffon

In a couple of weeks Spinazzola would replace DS, while Matuidi would replace Khedira. At least that's what the media say.

I want 433 just to see people crying about "Dybala can't play on the wing" :D
Damn, that was my first instinct after the last match and what I've been saying now :D

3 man midfield is where we need to find the right balance to get our defense back in order.

- - - Updated - - -

And I'm willing to bed Dybala from out wide with that area of the pitch would suit him more than where he is now and having to drop back to get the ball.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Damn, that was my first instinct after the last match and what I've been saying now :D

3 man midfield is where we need to find the right balance to get our defense back in order.

- - - Updated - - -

And I'm willing to bed Dybala from out wide with that area of the pitch would suit him more than where he is now and having to drop back to get the ball.
You would think but honestly everytime he has been used wide he impressed me less compared to his central role

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)