Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (49 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
The meeting between Lazio & De Vrij's agent yesterday has not gone well. Juventus are monitoring the situation of the Dutch. (Sky)

Lotito could keep De Vrij until the next season, so he could leave Lazio for free. (Sky)

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #18,564
    The meeting between Lazio & De Vrij's agent yesterday has not gone well. Juventus are monitoring the situation of the Dutch. (Sky)

Lotito could keep De Vrij until the next season, so he could leave Lazio for free. (Sky)
    big list of freebie next year. :agree:

Beppe must be fapping.

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #18,570
    well what an underwhelming transfer window, cant wait till january when we try and plug up the holes with provincial players bought with the money we should be spending on the players we need now
    they might not even be in this mercato. LOL

well, I think we get them now and I'd add a CB.
    Prefer N'Zonzi to Matuidi.
    Cancelo close to inDa. Pereira still at Porto. Guy got a clause right? Beppe losing pts here.

Nomuken

“New Era”
    Contributor
    Dec 14, 2009
    There's been a dip in the squad performance, I guess there's also a dip in Marotta's performance as well when this is his time to shine, that goes for the rest of the office. Do they think it's vacation in the summer, just burrying their heads in the sand at the beach? While Meelan is catching all the babes in two peice bikinis. :frown2:

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
    As always, we tend to over-react on a defeat and conclude the squad is in crisis.

To me, the biggest issue is motivation - not tactics. Lazio played as if it was the game of their lives. We came out of the blocks guns blazing but then nose dived after the first 10 min until 20m before the end of the game. Dybala put it best when he said that they lacked "desire".

Also bear in mind, despite our players putting in such a sub par performance we were effectively playing in Lazio's home stadium - if this was a 2 legged tie, this would have been a good result.

Yes there are things to be worried about, but lets not get totally carried away. The whole team was basically losing every 1 on 1 battle for over 60min in this game - Lazio were just quicker to every ball. That is either a reflection of 1) Desire; or 2) Lazio's physical preparation is more advanced for whatever reason.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)