Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (54 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Damn, that was my first instinct after the last match and what I've been saying now :D

3 man midfield is where we need to find the right balance to get our defense back in order.

- - - Updated - - -

And I'm willing to bed Dybala from out wide with that area of the pitch would suit him more than where he is now and having to drop back to get the ball.
:tup:

Another thing with Dybala is that he shouldn't play a strict-AM-in-the-middle because that means he's always up against a tough CM/DM where he loses lots of duels. IMO he should play a false RW roaming in a SS style. Then a B2B/RB will have to provide that width on the right. What we want is Dybala having that ability to cut inside and shoot with his left, we've seen very little of this since we moved to 4231. Another plus would be to have him work a little bit less in the defense thanks to having a proper cover with 3 man in the midfield.

The only downside is that on the other side we should have a proper winger that likes to play close to the line. Douglas Costa is perfect for this, and in-form Pjaca would be as well. Mandzukic in 433 could only play in the middle tbh.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
Relax dude. Vidal to Milan is not happening.

Matuidi is far from what I've wished for but we could do worse here. Right now Allegri has to figure out how to find balance we've been missing.

Rumors about Max switching to 433 for Cagliari. Good thing is true IMO.

Probable formation:

Douglas Costa - Higuain - Dybala
Khedira - Marchisio - Pjanic
AS - Chiellini - Rugani - DS
Buffon

In a couple of weeks Spinazzola would replace DS, while Matuidi would replace Khedira. At least that's what the media say.

I want 433 just to see people crying about "Dybala can't play on the wing" :D
4-4-2 with this squad ain't such a bad idea also..

-Higuain-Dybala-
-Costa/Pjaca---Matuidi/Marchisio---Pjanic/Bentan---Berna/Cuad-
-Sandro-Chieli-Rugani-MDS

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
:tup:

Another thing with Dybala is that he shouldn't play a strict-AM-in-the-middle because that means he's always up against a tough CM/DM where he loses lots of duels. IMO he should play a false RW roaming in a SS style. Then a B2B/RB will have to provide that width on the right. What we want is Dybala having that ability to cut inside and shoot with his left, we've seen very little of this since we moved to 4231. Another plus would be to have him work a little bit less in the defense thanks to having a proper cover with 3 man in the midfield.

The only downside is that on the other side we should have a proper winger that likes to play close to the line. Douglas Costa is perfect for this, and in-form Pjaca would be as well. Mandzukic in 433 could only play in the middle tbh.
Anyone playing in the middle in that advanced role should have decent proficiency in both feet...Dybala uses his right foot as a peg. The outside (or closer to goal next to Higuain) suits him the best IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

And Mario needs to be playing as a CF again. I think our transition to quality wingers and service from the sides will suit him. Cuadrado should be sold IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

-Higuain-Dybala-

I hate the 442 but we haven't had the quality on the wings like this since Camo/Nedved...so, might not be a bad idea to try it out.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012

-Higuain-Dybala-

I kind of disagree. If wingers aren't Mandzukic and Cuadrado, they won't fall back fast enough to cover the CMs... Even those two failed hard vs Lazio. Pjanic and Khedira were all over the place except for covering the CBs.

Maybe Allegri will sort it out somehow but against RM and Lazio we literally had no midfield. We won't win shit that way, we can't control a game properly that way and we're way too easy to counter against.

soccerr9

Oct 5, 2015
As we all know, Allegri played an asymmetric formation all the time last year with one winger (Cuadrado) and Mandzukic who was a CF in attack. A 4-3-3 with Costa wide right as a winger, Sandro providing width out left as an attacking outside back, and Dybala closer to Higuaín can work in a three man midfield. It ends up looking like a 3-5-2/3-3-4 when Juve are in attack.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
At this point I'm thinking about putting this Allegri quote as my sig:

3-5-2.

5-4-1.

4-2-3-1.

“Mr. Allegri, what will you choose? We must know.”

On the pitch, it is much more complicated. A 3-5-2 can be a 3-5-2 when you have the ball, and then when you don’t have the ball, you might need a 5-4-1. Or a blah-blah-blah.

What is important is shape and discipline and instincts.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
With Matuidi our Mercato goes back to 6, from 5 we dropped after Spinazzola, a starter for 20 mil is not bad job and if we change formation, this transfer would mean more...
If we keep this nonsense formation, it's imperative to get a CAM. And if we don't get a decent RB, that can defend, we will be forced to drop the 4 man defense and revert to 3 man defense formations.
This is of critical importance, this where Conte made the difference and turned us from #7 clowns, to uncontested champions!

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Berna was funded by Bonucci
Matuidi funded by Lemina
Costa is on loan w/ option
Spina will be done w/ some loan dealings the other way I presume
Szczesny and De Sciglio will cost us a bit but will most likely be funded by Rincon and Asamoah leaving

All in all we've basically spent money on Cuads, Benatia and Bentancur, and that money is nothing. Unless Beppe pocketed literally everything we got from the CL we should have money for a +30mil signing easily. Now that the dealings with PSG opened again, Aurier would make this mercato an actually successful one. Shame that there are literally zero rumours on signing an RB though, other than Spina of course.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Berna was funded by Bonucci
Matuidi funded by Lemina
Costa is on loan w/ option
Spina will be done w/ some loan dealings the other way I presume
Szczesny and De Sciglio will cost us a bit but will most likely be funded by Rincon and Asamoah leaving

All in all we've basically spent money on Cuads, Benatia and Bentancur, and that money is nothing. Unless Beppe pocketed literally everything we got from the CL we should have money for a +30mil signing easily. Now that the dealings with PSG opened again, Aurier would make this mercato an actually successful one. Shame that there are literally zero rumours on signing an RB though, other than Spina of course.

Dude Spina is ours and we lent them Orsolini.
De Sciglio and Sczsney were funded by Cassata,Romagna,Rincon,Simone Ganz and Neto = 25,2m

https://www.transfermarkt.it/juventus-turin/transfers/verein/506/saison_id/2017

Spent 122,2m
Earnt 122,9m

Profit 0,7 so far :D
Of the mighty Beppe making a 0 mercato when we made 100m in profit this year is absolutely stunning.
Ain't it!?!? what's he is doing with thos money? Keeping them for shareholders or using for the next summer mercato where we will finally buy a top midfielder?

electricRoo

Feb 27, 2011
De Sciglio and Sczsney were funded by Cassata,Romagna,Rincon,Simone Ganz and Neto = 25,2m

Spent 122,2m
Earnt 122,9m

Of the mighty Beppe making a 0 mercato when we made 100m in profit this year is absolutely stunning.
Ain't it!?!? what's he is doing with thos money? Keeping them for shareholders or using for the next summer mercato where we will finally buy a top midfielder?
Probably settling payments of previous players to keep our accounts in the black while still bringing in good reinforcements.

Sounds good to me to be honest, but I wouldn't hold my breath for a huge signing if I were you. :p

juve123

Aug 10, 2017

Spent 122,2m
Earnt 122,9m

Penny pinching at its worst though the question also arises
Out of 100 million euros how much is available for transfer budget

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Probably settling payments of previous players to keep our accounts in the black while still bringing in good reinforcements.

Sounds good to me to be honest, but I wouldn't hold my breath for a huge signing if I were you. :p
me neither XDDD
It's just that from our books we had a big surplus thx to CL final.
So I thought we could spend big on a player.
Instead we went for another super balanced mercato.

We paid Cuadrado-Benatia 20-17
We got Coman-Zaza for 21-16

Even signing Matuidi means we spend 20m this summer.
How is that fecking possible!??!
Meaning we wouldn't make any mercato without selling Bonucci?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 54)