Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (24 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
You know what would be sick? Asensio. Without a damn buy back clause.
We've got Dybala. They're so similar it'd be pointless to invest in Asensio, even though the kid is super good.

It's a shame we've been waiting for so long for that CM/DM/B2B. I wouldn't regret missing out on Tolisso but we should have identified a proper name earlier on and push for the buy. I'm not a fan of Matuidi but we really could do worse than that. To me it seems like Max will move to a '4-3-something' now.

Buy on AliExpress.com

soccerr9

Oct 5, 2015
We've got Dybala. They're so similar it'd be pointless to invest in Asensio, even though the kid is super good.

It's a shame we've been waiting for so long for that CM/DM/B2B. I wouldn't regret missing out on Tolisso but we should have identified a proper name earlier on and push for the buy. I'm not a fan of Matuidi but we really could do worse than that. To me it seems like Max will move to a '4-3-something' now.
------Mandzukic--Higuaín
---------------Dybala
--------Pjanic-------Matuidi
--------------Marchisio
Sandro--Chiellini--Rugani--RB

---------------Higuain
----------------Dybala-------Costa
--------Matuidi-------Pjanic
--------------Marchisio
Sandro--Chiellini--Rugani--RB/RCB

---------------Higuaín
-----------Berna---Dybala
--------Pjanic--------Matuidi
--------------Marchisio

With Bonucci out and Marchisio returning to form, Allegri surely has to start Pjanic and Marchisio together. It's too easy for opponents to key in on Pjanic to prevent Juve from playing out of the back. An in form Marchisio is too good to leave on the bench. If Matuidi allows that to happen as he helps cover them, then he is a great addition. Even a midfield of Pjanic, Marchisio, and Khedira starting simultaneously is possible now whereas before it was too risky given that at least one needed to be rested.

Should Allegri start playing a 4-3-something then Cuadrado hopefully can be sold. A RB is needed more than a RW. Higuaín, Dybala, Mandzukic, Costa, Berna, and Pjaca should be enough to rotate three positions.

Pjanic, Marchisio, Khedira, Matuidi, Bentancur, and Sturaro rotate in the 3 or 2 CM spots.

The offense and midfield have definitely improved from last year.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
------Mandzukic--Higuaín
---------------Dybala
--------Pjanic-------Matuidi
--------------Marchisio

---------------Higuain
----------------Dybala-------Costa
--------Matuidi-------Pjanic
--------------Marchisio
Sandro--Chiellini--Rugani--RB/RCB

---------------Higuaín
-----------Berna---Dybala
--------Pjanic--------Matuidi
--------------Marchisio

With Bonucci out and Marchisio returning to form, Allegri surely has to start Pjanic and Marchisio together. It's too easy for opponents to key in on Pjanic to prevent Juve from playing out of the back. An in form Marchisio is too good to leave on the bench. If Matuidi allows that to happen as he helps cover them, then he is a great addition. Even a midfield of Pjanic, Marchisio, and Khedira starting simultaneously is possible now whereas before it was too risky given that at least one needed to be rested.

Should Allegri start playing a 4-3-something then Cuadrado hopefully can be sold. A RB is needed more than a RW. Higuaín, Dybala, Mandzukic, Costa, Berna, and Pjaca should be enough to rotate three positions.

Pjanic, Marchisio, Khedira, Matuidi, Bentancur, and Sturaro rotate in the 3 or 2 CM spots.

The offense and midfield have definitely improved from last year.
Agreed.
Only if get Keita then we''ll still will have 7 players for 3 spots...Pjaca for sure will not see game time.we better loan him out or something.
Higuain,Dybala,Mario,Costa,Berna,Keita,Pjaca.

And of course Cuad need to be offloaded.

.jef.

May 25, 2017
As always, we tend to over-react on a defeat and conclude the squad is in crisis.

To me, the biggest issue is motivation - not tactics. Lazio played as if it was the game of their lives. We came out of the blocks guns blazing but then nose dived after the first 10 min until 20m before the end of the game. Dybala put it best when he said that they lacked "desire".

Also bear in mind, despite our players putting in such a sub par performance we were effectively playing in Lazio's home stadium - if this was a 2 legged tie, this would have been a good result.

Yes there are things to be worried about, but lets not get totally carried away. The whole team was basically losing every 1 on 1 battle for over 60min in this game - Lazio were just quicker to every ball. That is either a reflection of 1) Desire; or 2) Lazio's physical preparation is more advanced for whatever reason.
Yup.

There's been a dip in the squad performance, I guess there's also a dip in Marotta's performance as well when this is his time to shine, that goes for the rest of the office. Do they think it's vacation in the summer, just burrying their heads in the sand at the beach? While Meelan is catching all the babes in two peice bikinis. :frown2:
Milan were sh!t last season, our squad got us to the CL final. It's a hell of a lot easier to improve their squad than it is for us.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't be surprised to see Bernadeschi take Mandzukic's position on the left in the 4-2-3-1 as a false winger and drift into positions that a mezzala would play giving a hybrid 4-2-3-1/4-3-3.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
dont just offload cuads lighthandedly after one official game. He was key in key goals in champions league
We should only sell Cuad if
1. a very good offer arrives (30M is not a good offer)
2. We need the money to use on something we need

30M to Roma - I say we should reject if we dont use it for a great CM (If we can get a CM without selling him to Roma it would be better)

Anyway Matuidi Spinazzola (probably Keita as well) and the question remains are we going for another CM or is Matuidi supposed to be our star signing for the CM position which in this case we can all start crying right now..

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
You know what would be sick? Asensio. Without a damn buy back clause.
There is absolutely no chance for this to happen...
Asensio will remain even if we bid over 100M...
I think we have better chance of getting Ronaldo than him..
He is highly rated by Real and taking every opportunity he is given!
Real`s untouchable players are Asensio C.Ronaldo (although it might change in a year) Isco Ramos and I guess you can add Kroos and Modric to that list

soccerr9

Oct 5, 2015
Agreed.
Only if get Keita then we''ll still will have 7 players for 3 spots...Pjaca for sure will not see game time.we better loan him out or something.
Higuain,Dybala,Mario,Costa,Berna,Keita,Pjaca.

And of course Cuad need to be offloaded.
By the end of this week or beginning of next week, it feels like Matuidi and Spinnazola will both be Juve players while Asamoah leaves.

That would give Juve about two weeks to find good opportunities. I'd be delighted to see Cuadrado and Licht sold for a RB, CB, or Keita.

Pjaca may not get game time, but he is expected to feature at some point this season. My guess is that he will get the Marchisio treatment from last year. Regardless, Juve are fine in attack.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Keita, Matuidi, Spina and we're good. 8 forwards for 4 spots is not too many. Pjaca cannot be considered reliable this season and we cannot afford to rely on a player after such an injury.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

soccerr9

Oct 5, 2015
Yup.

Milan were sh!t last season, our squad got us to the CL final. It's a hell of a lot easier to improve their squad than it is for us.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't be surprised to see Bernadeschi take Mandzukic's position on the left in the 4-2-3-1 as a false winger and drift into positions that a mezzala would play giving a hybrid 4-2-3-1/4-3-3.
I have doubts as to whether a midfield of Bernardesci (playing the 2014 Di Maria role) can work with a midfield featuring Pjanic who is already attack minded. My hope is that he can play as a #10 behind two strikers one of which being Dybala.

Higuaín--Dybala
------Berna
Pjanic----Matuidi
----Marchisio

It should enable Dybala to play closer to goal where he is at his best.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Cancelo said yes to Inter and they are in pole position to sign him.

Schick close to Inter. Samp looking to buy Luciano Vietto.

According to rumors in Chile Milan is going to bid high for Vidal.

.jef.

May 25, 2017
I have doubts as to whether a midfield of Bernardesci (playing the 2014 Di Maria role) can work with a midfield featuring Pjanic who is already attack minded. My hope is that he can play as a #10 behind two strikers one of which being Dybala.

Higuaín--Dybala
------Berna
Pjanic----Matuidi
----Marchisio

It should enable Dybala to play closer to goal where he is at his best.
Pjanic is our deepest playing midfielder.

Jun 12, 2017
There is absolutely no chance for this to happen...
Asensio will remain even if we bid over 100M...
I think we have better chance of getting Ronaldo than him..
He is highly rated by Real and taking every opportunity he is given!
Real`s untouchable players are Asensio C.Ronaldo (although it might change in a year) Isco Ramos and I guess you can add Kroos and Modric to that list
Modric is already 32 years old. Ronaldo is almost 33. Though Ronaldo is 33, Ronaldo is very important for them for marketing. He will stay as much as he wants, maybe until he is 41. Also they won't find a team who will be willing to play 50 m euros for over 33 years old Ronaldo.

Asensio is very talented yet 100 m euros is way too much for him.

at Real, he plays with great players and he is a great shooter, he can sometimes score great long range goals. yet, l watched him with Spanish U21, was not more impresive than Berna.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)