Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (20 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
@Mark

What are our current options at RB? Cause Licht, DS is cack and I no longer want Cancelo after seeing that gif of him jogging back. Do we have any hope of getting Spinazzola back?

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #18,223
    @Mark

What are our current options at RB? Cause Licht, DS is cack and I no longer want Cancelo after seeing that gif of him jogging back. Do we have any hope of getting Spinazzola back?
    Spina is we lucky.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    Spinazzola seems to be getting better the longer the transfer window has gone on.

I like him but really not convinced he is the answer to our RB problem, especially given the fact he has barely played there. Bring him back but we need better as a starter at the moment.

.jef.

May 25, 2017
    The attack will not be our starting attack, so I'm not looking into it too much. Defense I am worried about as well, but we may end up seeing De Sciglio and Rugani as starters after a few weeks too. But the midfield, these are the same issues we're seeing.
    Sorry to say it, but at the start of the season that will be our starting attack. We all know Max is going to introduce the new players slowly.

Can't really draw any conclusions from that match other than wtf are we doing in pre season? They look nowhere near match ready!

Whatever issues there are with Pjanic and Khedira, we've seen them perform better than that.

Still most worried about the defence, Lazio just seemed to walk through.

Missed the last 15 minutes though, just saw we got two goals but still lost. Is it worth watching? Anything to learn from it?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    Sorry to say it, but at the start of the season that will be our starting attack. We all know Max is going to introduce the new players slowly.

Can't really draw any conclusions from that match other than wtf are we doing in pre season? They look nowhere near match ready!

Whatever issues there are with Pjanic and Khedira, we've seen them perform better than that.

Still most worried about the defence, Lazio just seemed to walk through.

Missed the last 15 minutes though, just saw we got two goals but still lost. Is it worth watching? Anything to learn from it?
    Don't waste your time. We were very fortunate to draw level, a peach of a free kick from Dybala and a penalty, but Lazio were comfortably the better team over 90+ minutes and were full value for that victory.

Douglas Costa was lively, De Sciglio is a worthless sack of shit, RB is going to be a huge problem, our midfield becomes totally pussified when put under pressure, and Benatia should've just stayed @ Bayern or gone back to Udinese.

.jef.

May 25, 2017
    Don't waste your time. We were very fortunate to draw level, a peach of a free kick from Dybala and a penalty, but Lazio were comfortably the better team over 90+ minutes and were full value for that victory.

Douglas Costa was lively, De Sciglio is a worthless sack of shit, RB is going to be a huge problem, our midfield becomes totally pussified when put under pressure, and Benatia should've just stayed @ Bayern or gone back to Udinese.
    Thanks - I'd follow your advice, but I know I'm going to end up watching it. I seem to like the punishment. I had hopes for De Sciglio, but he's dreadful isn't he?

I still want to know what they did in pre season. From the looks of it - nothing. Looks like they just got off the plane from their holidays.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
    Thanks - I'd follow your advice, but I know I'm going to end up watching it. I seem to like the punishment. I had hopes for De Sciglio, but he's dreadful isn't he?

I still want to know what they did in pre season. From the looks of it - nothing. Looks like they just got off the plane from their holidays.
    It is not easy to replace key players like bonucci the management is sleeping last season we signed hernanes and this season it is likely to be matuidi

.jef.

May 25, 2017
    It is not easy to replace key players like bonucci the management is sleeping last season we signed hernanes and this season it is likely to be matuidi
    Don't think it's that simple. The team we had out there should have been able to beat Lazio.

There was no shape or cohesion, and they looked scared. I agree we need more quality to beat the likes of Madrid, but this was a joke.

Very depressing.

We definitely need a RB though, that's for sure.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
    Don't think it's that simple. The team we had out there should have been able to beat Lazio.

There was no shape or cohesion, and they looked scared. I agree we need more quality to beat the likes of Madrid, but this was a joke.

Very depressing.

We definitely need a RB though, that's for sure.
    But a team needs continuity allegri cannot perform miracles we needed to upgrade our midfield but we weakened our defence and strengthen our attack we definitely need nzonzi de vrij or manolas this season

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009

De Sciglio has been irrelevant for 3-4 years now. Licht, Barza, and De Sciglio as our options for RB looks so underwhelming right now; mid level Serie A team worthy.

We definitely need a CM tho. Our midfield was totally overrun, and will get destroyed in the CL, if we encounter physical teams that press hard and who possess experience. Mind you, Lazio were missing two players that could've really hurt us, Keita and Felipe Anderson.

I'm not ashamed to admit it, but I'm very envious of how Real Madrid look; down to 10 men after Ronaldo got sent off, Asensio scores a wonderful goal, and they add to their lead.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)