Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (68 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
Summer of 2018 will be interesting. Far away yes but still. Spinazzola and Caldara will finally arrive. Maby Lirola to if ready. Will Mandragora and Kean stay this season? If not how will they develop this year on a loan. Maby 2018 they will be ready for a place in the squad.

Potensiell free targets like De Vrij, Keita ( think he will leave before) who we seem to like

Buy on AliExpress.com

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Summer of 2018 will be interesting. Far away yes but still. Spinazzola and Caldara will finally arrive. Maby Lirola to if ready. Will Mandragora and Kean stay this season? If not how will they develop this year on a loan. Maby 2018 they will be ready for a place in the squad.

Potensiell free targets like De Vrij, Keita ( think he will leave before) who we seem to like
Also Buffon will probably retire and I think one more very good GK will come next summer.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
We used the 4-2-3-1 again and we have the core of our team now.
Imo, it doesn't make any sense, squad wise, because we are wasting too many DMs on the bench and severely lack CAM options.
Imo, the CAM position should be our priority target this year.
We got 2 more offensive wingers, one to replace Dalves and one to allow Sandro to play as LB, in Bernar and DCosta.
Having Cuadrado prolly means that Bernardeschi can be a sub to Dybala when needed.
But I still think we need more CAM depth. Because we have one a half player for this position. Whilst for the 2 DMs position we need 4-5 and we have Marchisio, Khedira, Bentancour, Pjanic, Rincon, Lemina, Sturaro and half of Asamoah.
It really doesn't make any sense, to get Matic, instead of a CAM

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Imo, it doesn't make any sense, squad wise, because we are wasting too many DMs on the bench and severely lack CAM options.
We got 2 more offensive wingers, one to replace Dalves and one to allow Sandro to play as LB, in Bernar and DCosta.
Having Cuadrado prolly means that Bernardeschi can be a sub to Dybala when needed.
But I still think we need more CAM depth. Because we have one a half player for this position. Whilst for the 2 DMs position we need 4-5 and we have Marchisio, Khedira, Bentancour, Pjanic, Rincon, Lemina, Sturaro and half of Asamoah.
Its not about DM which some here suggest - Its about finding a suitable partner for Pjanic!
AMR - Bernardeschi/D.Costa/Cuadrado
AMC - Dybala/Bernardeschi/Probably Keita/Pjaca
AML - Bernardeschi/D.Costa/Pjaca/Mandzukic/probably Keita

Considering D.Costa potential and the Bernardeschi expectations we need no more AMs...
CM is what we need but we need someone who compliment Pjanic - Pjanic is a player that can create while he isnt the best defender/header/strength which is why we need someone who can offer this
SMS is a player that attack and defend while he is good in the air and not a player that is pushed around easily - This is why I think he would fit!
Matic is a player that is strong physically + good in the air and defends well so he fits the bill (even if he isnt my favorite as I want the player to be able to attack better)
We dont necessarily need a destroyer.. a box to box could fit as well if he has the right characteristics...
Goretka is not a dm - He is actually more of an AM than DM but he is good in the air and isnt powered out easily + he can defend so he could have been a brilliant coup (unfortunately Bayern probably has him in the bag)

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Its not about DM which some here suggest - Its about finding a suitable partner for Pjanic!

Considering D.Costa potential and the Bernardeschi expectations we need no more AMs...
CM is what we need but we need someone who compliment Pjanic - Pjanic is a player that can create while he isnt the best defender/header/strength which is why we need someone who can offer this
SMS is a player that attack and defend while he is good in the air and not a player that is pushed around easily - This is why I think he would fit!
Matic is a player that is strong physically + good in the air and defends well so he fits the bill (even if he isnt my favorite as I want the player to be able to attack better)
We dont necessarily need a destroyer.. a box to box could fit as well if he has the right characteristics...
Goretka is not a dm - He is actually more of an AM than DM but he is good in the air and isnt powered out easily + he can defend so he could have been a brilliant coup (unfortunately Bayern probably has him in the bag)
How nice of Bayern to take that bullet for us.

And why can't Pjaca play s AMR?

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
If we get Keita, Kean should be loaned to Sass or Atalanta. Give him a deal he wants and loan to a team that plays football. Kid needs to play.
He wont play in a sassuolo/Atalanta shirt. Them teams already have their strikers which will bag them 8-15g per season and ensure their survival. They wont start an unprpven talent that is on loan unless they have an option to buy or a buyback close that ensures profit. Better he stays with us. If he has massive potential, like with pogba, he will start over proven players regardless.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004

We don't need another box to box player, box to box players are all around players than can do both as you said, but the 4-2-3-1 cannot host them in the front 3. The side front 2 must be wide players, so that our formation doesn't choke in the middle, yet the position I called CAM and you called AMC, is not meant for a box to box player, because he will be covered by the two DMs behind him and will be flanked by the two wingers, this position will be charged to create chances, the final pass and many times even finish!
that's why we are using a SS, an AMF also fits, but we only have Bernar, who is primarily a winger and will be used as such, esp considering we need two. This is the position we don't have options.

The SMS characteristic s you have described can be found in abundance in our 8 CMs, would qualities a player like Magic would bring that are not already there. Better quality yes, but not different characteristic s.
Marchisio imo has more offensive characteristics than Magic, as he has a decent long shoot, Asamoah is fast and strong, Khedira more experienced and calm under pressure.
Unless we sell 2 at least of Sturaro, Lemina and Rincon, the last thing we need is yet another DM...

In our 3-5-2 formation, we used to stack CMs ,able to offer all-round performance and a lot of them, because we need 3 of them fielded at all times. They had the characteristic needed to complement each other.
Now we only need 2 of them and the player who plays ahead of them must have the offensive characteristics they don't have.Neither does Matic, or Matuidi...

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We don't need a CAM. Dybala is set in that role (basically a SS off Higuain), now we have Bernardeschi as well, and Pjanic who also played as more of an advanced MC-CAM at times.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Bayern signing both Tolisso and Goretzka in this transfer window while we are failing to bring in Matuidi really pisses me off
Bayern havent actually signed Göretzka, only rumoured to on free agency next summer.

I'm glad we didnt sign Tolisso, dont think he would fit 2 man CM role, and not for the 45m he cost.

- - - Updated - - -

We don't need a CAM. Dybala is set in that role (basically a SS off Higuain), now we have Bernardeschi as well, and Pjanic who also played as more of an advanced MC-CAM at times.
Cronios allways says the complete OPPOSITE of whats logically needed every summer, takes extreme contrarianism to next level, so its corious people still take it at face value. I mean he is legit saying we need more offensive minded AM in our set up, when we are starting Pjanic AND Dybala centrally, the last thing the 3rd central midfielder needs to be is another AM like player...

I mean just recently he was heavily denying 4-2-3-1 is our main formation and how we should buy for 3-5-2 or 4-3-3 (first absolete, 2nd never play it) and host of other set ups Allegri barely is interested in.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Bayern signing both Tolisso and Goretzka in this transfer window while we are failing to bring in Matuidi really pisses me off
I thought you said Matuidi won't bring us to Bayern and Real level, so why are you pissed we are failing to sign him?

Bayern have signed Goretzka as much as we have signed Matudi and if they had signed him, we have enough carpenters in the team.

And is that the same Tolisso we didn't sign because he showed nothing worth the 40m Lyon were asking and now Bayern signed him for close to 50m?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 65)