Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Apparently he was a winger who converted into a full back at an early age. During his 2 year loan, his first season he played mainly as a left back and was standout performer defensively. His second season he was swapped back to the right and was more offensive. His biggest weakness would be he slides or dives into tackles too much. Anyway the fact he can play on both flanks is a huge bonus for us. I also think he's a bit of a light weight and has a short stature so that might be problematic. The pros outweighs the cons though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
As much as I'd like cancelo over MDS my main criticism of him going forwards is that his end product is still a little raw and has this tendency to knock the ball past the opponent to run on to in order to beat his man, Pereira has a bit more to his arsenal and a more refined player, technically he is superior to cancelo. if we're talking about lightweight I mean looking at MDS against lukaku last weekend, pereira can't be any worse in that department thats for sure

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Apparently he was a winger who converted into a full back at an early age. During his 2 year loan, his first season he played mainly as a left back and was standout performer defensively. His second season he was swapped back to the right and was more offensive. His biggest weakness would be he slides or dives into tackles too much. Anyway the fact he can play on both flanks is a huge bonus for us. I also think he's a bit of a light weight and has a short stature so that might be problematic. The pros outweighs the cons though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
He played right winger on several Nice games last season too.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
So proves my point!!! we're a club supposedly competing in the CL yet we're flogging at least 1 top player a season
And we agreed a 2 year loan for a guy we wanted to gain experience at a club that plays reasonably well and develop. Well, we didn't know at the time Alves was going to want to leave, no one saw that coming. There don't seem to be many alternatives out there and we have a decent RB we own in our own back yard. That's the risk you pose when you have decent youth policy and want them to develop outside of your own club.

It doesn't prove any point at least I don't see how it could. Atalanta are their own club and we are asking them for a player they have legal rights over for another year. If anything, they have the upper hand and we have absolutely no way to have an upper hand in that deal. What do you expect for a player we don't have the rights to for another year?

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
And we agreed a 2 year loan for a guy we wanted to gain experience at a club that plays reasonably well and develop. Well, we didn't know at the time Alves was going to want to leave, no one saw that coming. There don't seem to be many alternatives out there and we have a decent RB we own in our own back yard. That's the risk you pose when you have decent youth policy and want them to develop outside of your own club.

It doesn't prove any point at least I don't see how it could. Atalanta are their own club and we are asking them for a player they have legal rights over for another year. If anything, they have the upper hand and we have absolutely no way to have an upper hand in that deal. What do you expect for a player we don't own?
They don't have the upper hand if the player himself wants out? or at least thats what marotta defenders here keep telling me whenever a key player wants out and ends up getting sold

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
They don't have the upper hand if the player himself wants out? or at least thats what marotta defenders here keep telling me whenever a key player wants out and ends up getting sold
I don't know what tiff you have with the other Tuzzers I haven't been on much today :D

But, like I said, we can afford to get other RBs if any are available and want to join. Its different when you're a club like Atalanta that has a good player and CAN'T afford to replace him. Its much harder for Atalanta to go and sign someone quality to fill the void than it is for us. Here we are 1.5 months into the mercato with only 2 weeks left and you expect Atalanta to roll over and relinquish a player they can't easily replace?

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I don't know what tiff you have with the other Tuzzers I haven't been on much today :D

But, like I said, we can afford to get other RBs if any are available and want to join. Its different when you're a club like Atalanta that has a good player and CAN'T afford to replace him. Its much harder for Atalanta to go and sign someone quality to fill the void than it is for us. Here we are 1.5 months into the mercato with only 2 weeks left and you expect Atalanta to roll over and relinquish a player they can't easily replace?
then get pereira and bring back spinazzola next season when his loan deal expires.

In an ideal world I'd want both and have spinazzola backup to sandro and back up to pereira at RB, mds can play with the women's team

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
then get pereira and bring back spinazzola next season when his loan deal expires.

In an ideal world I'd want both and have spinazzola backup to sandro and back up to pereira at RB, mds can play with the women's team
I wouldn't mind getting Pereira, how much would he cost?

I feel like we are getting two people next year for free anyway :D

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I wouldn't mind getting Pereira, how much would he cost?

I feel like we are getting two people next year for free anyway :D
around 25 mill and porto are skint and need the money any ways

- - - Updated - - -

Forget about this Pereira guy. It's just media bs. Allegri loves MDS too much, he will be a sttarter... :Facepalm:
this is exactly what I fear :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)