Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sashazulu

Jan 19, 2017
I think some members forget that this is $#@!ing Juventus and not Palermo. Retaining your best players is the minimum requirement, not a cause for celebration. $#@!ing Napoli managed to retain their best players this summer ffs! Top teams retain their best players, and get this, ADD to them! I know this must be a foreign concept to some, but this is how top teams operate.
And you my friend are underrating some of our new players. We all should have known that Bonucci was a goner after the Porto story and all the problems he created. Alves did not want to stay. It is useless to force players to stay if they do not want. Arsenal will have problems with Sanchez and so will Lazio, mark my words. I am happy they are gone . Alves did not play that many games anyway. Matuidi is a great buy, listen better to the French guy on the forum, he is right. Spinazzola will surprise the lot of you, of maybe not cause some here do not wanna admit they are wrong. On top of that how many have see him play more than 5 times? DeSciglio, Allegri swears by him and he is the trainer.Wait and see then you can talk and whine. So far we did good the last year 6 scudetti, 2 CL finals

Bernardeschi and Costa are in my book 2 excellent players.

- - - Updated - - -

It seems that Spinazzola is coming. Juve are helping Atalanta to get Laxalt. They will pay 8 mil. to Genoa according to TMW. Asamoah to Galatasaray? very possible.
We seem also to still be in the run for Garay. Maybe another midfielder cause Sturaro may go. Keita may come with Cuadrado going.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
And you my friend are underrating some of our new players. We all should have known that Bonucci was a goner after the Porto story and all the problems he created. Alves did not want to stay. It is useless to force players to stay if they do not want. Arsenal will have problems with Sanchez and so will Lazio, mark my words. I am happy they are gone . Alves did not play that many games anyway. Matuidi is a great buy, listen better to the French guy on the forum, he is right. Spinazzola will surprise the lot of you, of maybe not cause some here do not wanna admit they are wrong. On top of that how many have see him play more than 5 times? DeSciglio, Allegri swears by him and he is the trainer.Wait and see then you can talk and whine. So far we did good the last year 6 scudetti, 2 CL finals

Bernardeschi and Costa are in my book 2 excellent players.
Our defense is visibly weaker. I have never rated De Sciglio, and even at his best, he wasn't that impressive. I am excited by what Berna brings, but have reservations about Costa. Spinazolla could be an interesting acquisition, and Matuidi is solid, if unspectacular. I wouldn't label him a great buy, as 30 million for a 30 year old on an expiring contract is a tad excessive. Hence, factoring everything, I can't understand why people are super excited. It's been an ok mercato, nothing special or out of the ordinary. Therefore, a 7/10 is not an unfair or harsh assessment. That's all I'm saying.

Sashazulu

Jan 19, 2017
Our defense is visibly weaker. I have never rated De Sciglio, and even at his best, he wasn't that impressive. I am excited by what Berna brings, but have reservations about Costa. Spinazolla could be an interesting acquisition, and Matuidi is solid, if unspectacular. I wouldn't label him a great buy, as 30 million for a 30 year old on an expiring contract is a tad excessive. Hence, factoring everything, I can't understand why people are super excited. It's been an ok mercato, nothing special or out of the ordinary. Therefore, a 7/10 is not an unfair or harsh assessment. That's all I'm saying.
But you like Nzonzi at 40. He has never played in the National team. Matuidi works for 2. run back and fort, is a great tackler.
Yes he is not young nor is Nzonzi. Emre Can is not on that level far from. Strootman was never coming. Kovacevic is not the type of player we need
Kroos and Modric are not for sale nor is Casemiro. I love Danilo Pereira but cost 60 mil. Yes I am very happy at this point to get Matuidi for that price.
Paulinho and Drinkwater 40 mil. Crap next to Matuidi. I heard Sigurdson ( not sure about the writing) more than 40 to Everton.
Yes Matuidi great deal for that price and it is 20 mil + 10 bonus. If he is not worth it like you think we do not pay the 10.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
But you like Nzonzi at 40. He has never played in the National team. Matuidi works for 2. run back and fort, is a great tackler.
Yes he is not young nor is Nzonzi. Emre Can is not on that level far from. Strootman was never coming. Kovacevic is not the type of player we need
Kroos and Modric are not for sale nor is Casemiro. I love Danilo Pereira but cost 60 mil. Yes I am very happy at this point to get Matuidi for that price.
Paulinho and Drinkwater 40 mil. Crap next to Matuidi. I heard Sigurdson ( not sure about the writing) more than 40 to Everton.
Yes Matuidi great deal for that price and it is 20 mil + 10 bonus. If he is not worth it like you think we do not pay the 10.
Danilo Pereira would've come for less my friend; Porto are in dire need of money. I do indeed like Nzonzi, and thought he would've been a better purchase. I was hoping we'd be able to push it to down to 35; alas, it wasn't meant to be. I am hoping for SMS next year, even if it costs more than 50-60 million. He's young and will be a huge player in the years to come.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Danilo Pereira would've come for less my friend; Porto are in dire need of money. I do indeed like Nzonzi, and thought he would've been a better purchase. I was hoping we'd be able to push it to down to 35; alas, it wasn't meant to be. I am hoping for SMS next year, even if it costs more than 50-60 million. He's young and will be a huge player in the years to come.
Yeah we need to just buy the best talent in the league, much better chance of keeping hold of them if they've already settled as opposed to buying from Spain/Germany and them using us as a stepping stone to Real.

It's difficult with stubborn ass owners but eventually they'll cave with the right offers. Need to do a project Bayern, which we started with Higuain - Pjanic - Berna

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
How is it delusional? We lost Bonucci, arguably the best ball playing CB in the world, and our best defender. Our CB options are Grandpa Barzagli, an injury prone and aging Chiellini, the useless Benatia, and an eternal prospect who Allegri refuses to play. Our CB department is definitely weaker. We lost Dani Alves, and currently have De $#@!lio and semi retired Licht as our RB options. Hence, given our acquisitions and sales, given that we have added depth to our attack, slightly improved the midfield (30 Million for a 30 year old on an expiring contract :howler:), and visibly weakened the defense a 7/10 is a $#@!ing fair assessment. Were you expecting a $#@!ing 9/10 as things stand? Unfuckingbelievable.

- - - Updated - - -

:xfinger: Hope springs eternal.
I think people are a little confussed. On a scale were the range go from 0 to 10, 5 is an average assesment. So according to this Vodka guy, apparently we should all agree, that in a mercato were we lost two of the very best players in their positions, we should give the mercato at least a 8. A 8 or above is a fucking fantastic mercato. Last year was a 8, this year is underwelming so far.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
The market is not finished yet though. Never wanted to lose bonucci but in a back 4 he is not the same as he was in a back 3. Alves hurts as we really don't have an adequate replacement. But if DS can be solid enough at RB and allow bernadeschi to own that offensive wing we may actually be better off.

Our defence just has to be solid and I believe we will have that from the group of defenders we have. We had a better defence than real and Barca and still lost in those CL finals. They have solid defenses, nothing more or less.

On the other hand we have a lot of fire power now with plenty of depth. Time to change mentality and start realising having tactics and players who can break down solid defenses and score for fun is going to give us what we need.

Matuidi gives us versatility...we have much better squad depth this season compared to last season.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I would start crying too if I had to move to Inter.
No you wouldnt.. You would be happy as the City of Milan is very close to Turin and you would count the money like a jew... (Im jewish on my ID so Im allowed to make these kind of jokes...)
You would be praying in your heart that Juve would see the talent and sign you though...

Jul 13, 2010
I think people are a little confussed. On a scale were the range go from 0 to 10, 5 is an average assesment. So according to this Vodka guy, apparently we should all agree, that in a mercato were we lost two of the very best players in their positions, we should give the mercato at least a 8. A 8 or above is a $#@!ing fantastic mercato. Last year was a 8, this year is underwelming so far.
lol if 5 for you is an average mark, then ok, but for me at uni this is the lowest mark when you pass exams and 7-8 is average. so I am rating Mercato an 8 which is basically DECENT but not great

May 23, 2013
The market is not finished yet though. Never wanted to lose bonucci but in a back 4 he is not the same as he was in a back 3. Alves hurts as we really don't have an adequate replacement. But if DS can be solid enough at RB and allow bernadeschi to own that offensive wing we may actually be better off.

Our defence just has to be solid and I believe we will have that from the group of defenders we have. We had a better defence than real and Barca and still lost in those CL finals. They have solid defenses, nothing more or less.

On the other hand we have a lot of fire power now with plenty of depth. Time to change mentality and start realising having tactics and players who can break down solid defenses and score for fun is going to give us what we need.

Matuidi gives us versatility...we have much better squad depth this season compared to last season.
Well Bonucci's best ever season was in a back 4 so......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)