Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (37 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sashazulu

Jan 19, 2017
Dybala, Mandzukic & Dani Alves were outplayed all of that second half. Our midfield as well but those 3 $#@!ed up just as much while Pjanic was injured... We needed to switch to a 3-men midfield (but there were no options), not blame the two guys playing... If it was N'Zonzi-Pjanic, the result would've easily been the same.
Offer your services to become the couch. We will see what you would do.
We lost because to many tired players, for most of the year the front 4 and the 2 mids had no replacements.
The second half we were dead. That is all it was.

- - - Updated - - -

Perfect for the 4231, LM, AM, RM all in one. Beppe sold too soon :sad:
Yes we need him, are you kidding. Pereyra is nothing else than a good player, not even a great player, for teams like Udinese and Watford

Buy on AliExpress.com

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I have a feeling we will panic buy some RB.

This Cancelo thing is dragging way too long.
The season start is right around the corner and we still need a defensive mid and a rightback. Come on Beppe, don't let us down.
We won't get another right back, Sandro, De Sciglio, Asa/Licht and Spinazzola will be our wing backs.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Then I REALLY hope De Sciglio will step up for us. We can survive with a weakened RB position though, that midfield position is critical for us.
:agree:
A Left sided midfielder is right back now?
Spinazzola will definitely come in to play one of the wing back spots. I don't think we will see him as a winger.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
That didnt answer my question. A left sided player is suddenly good enough to start for righ back?
He prefers the left, but can play on the right side too.

Idolizes Zambrotta. Believe he's being brought in to compete with de Sciglio at RB.

Will be interesting to see what happens with the Asa/Licht situations.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
That didnt answer my question. A left sided player is suddenly good enough to start for righ back?
He started about 3-4 matches on the right last season, and in previous seasons at Perugia, Vicenza, Siena, it looks like he played on the right quite often.

However, he's hardly ever played as a left back or a right back.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Well he's right footed. And his main asset as a LWB or LM is that he can cut inside because he has pretty decent dribbling. But that's not really a requirement in our current setup so he should be able to play RB.

Sashazulu

Jan 19, 2017
He prefers the left, but can play on the right side too.

Idolizes Zambrotta. Believe he's being brought in to compete with de Sciglio at RB.

Will be interesting to see what happens with the Asa/Licht situations.
:agree:

He played as a LWB like Salvo said and will have no problems to play on the right. He will follow the path of Zambrotta, who was a LW when he started at Bari like Spina was a RW in our Primavera. There will be no problem on the right for him and there is some quality there.
We will see if DeSciglio will be revitalized by Allegri or if Spinazzola will take over. I like Spinazzola , he will do well here.
Asamoah is leaving he has all ready an agreement with Galatasary if I remember well.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
This is how I see the mercato going from here. Only 3 transfers to go.

IN: Spinazzola, Matuidi, Keita
OUT: Asamoah.

I think it will be Asamoah who goes rather than Lichsteiner. The reason I think behind this is that we will start the season with 4 recognized CBs. Lichsteiner can play as a centre back in emergency situations. The management may not see the point in getting a 5th CB at this time.

- - - Updated - - -

In that event this would be the squad:

GK: Buffon, SZCZESNY, PINSOLGIO
DEF: DE SCIGLIO, Lichsteiner, Barzagli, Rugani, Benatia, Chiellini, Sandro, SPINAZZOLA
MIDs: Khedira, Pjanic, Marchisio, BENTANCUR, MATUIDI, Sturaro
FWDs: Cuadrado, COSTA, BERNARDESCHI, Pjaca, Dybala, KEITA, Mandzukic, Higuain

Squad of 25 (not too big or small). 8 defenders, 6 mids, and 8 forwards. I know that someone said if you have a back 4 you have 8 defenders in your squad so why not 8 forwards....the issue with that argument is that who knows what formation we will have at the end of the season? A back 4 or back 3 is a given and hence you need 8-9 players (including wing backs). However, ONLY if you play 4231 would you make an argument for 8. You revert to a front 3 or have just a front 2 and all of a sudden your squad is too heavily skewed.

At the beginning of the transfer market I would have thought we would have had 9 defenders, 6-7 mids, and 6-7 forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)