Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (41 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I agree with that, I'm realistic enough to see that.

But I'd rather keep Pogba for 3 more years, that's a WC mid for 3 seasons, than what we have done.

-oh look the retard is spazzing out about Pogba again, everybody will say. No, I'm just using him as example. Same could have been applied to Vidal and Tevez, same will be applied for Dybala and Sandro.

A developed WC player is worth more than the bag of cash you will get for him because, due to wages, you cannot afford replacing him properly.

Continuity within your team is also a factor we shit on
When Dybala leaves this theme will be stronger than ever

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
The sad life of juventinos worldwide

- - - Updated - - -

Got nothing to fap too and they know they will inevitably sell their best players soon.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

But I'd rather keep Pogba for 3 more years, that's a WC mid for 3 seasons, than what we have done.

-oh look the retard is spazzing out about Pogba again, everybody will say. No, I'm just using him as example. Same could have been applied to Vidal and Tevez, same will be applied for Dybala and Sandro.

A developed WC player is worth more than the bag of cash you will get for him because, due to wages, you cannot afford replacing him properly.

:agree:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

While you have a point and I agree with it to some extent, you make it far too black and white.

And no we aren't weakening the team every summer like you have previously claimed. We had our best season post-calciopoli this year. So clearly something is working. We finished with more points, better goal differential, in both Serie A and CL, topped our group, dominated every team in the knockouts by 3+ goals on aggregate. We ended with the same result as 2014-15 so otensibly you could say the seasons were the same, even if this team was more convincing. But weakened overall as a team, from 14-15 to 16-17. Not a chance.

Sometimes players should be sold/allowed to move on. Tevez and Alves are both players with very high potential to be troublemakers in the locker room, and in Tevez's case, on the pitch, if they don't want to be playing somewhere. They were also in the very twilight of their careers. Tevez basically retired from top flight football to Argentina and now China. He was done. There is no point keeping a player like that, especially considering we had Dybala coming in, and Mandzukic for that mater. We were covered there. Same deal with Alves this year, though it will be extremely disappointing if management doesn't sign a better replacement than de Sciglio.

Vidal and Pogba is where our management screwed up. Because our revenue is nowhere near the teams we are trying to compete with, one of the two had to be sold in all reality to finance the massive upgrades we have made to our attack and wide players. However, the management made a terrible decision in choosing Pogba to stay in summer 2015, as a player so obsessed with image and social media appearance never going to be content in a smaller, quieter market like Italy, and with the reputation Serie A has in the footballing world right now. We should have sold Pogba that summer, even if it meant we only got 90 mil instead of 100 mil. And offered Vidal to be our top-paid player on a long term contract. We could have easily handled the loss of 40 mil revenue from Vidal's sale, and would be the strongest team in football imo with him added to this team. Add to that, we wouldn't have had to buy Rincon, so that 40 mil drops to 30mil lost revenue.

It was a terrible decision, especially considering the rumours are that Beppe and co pushed Vidal out, that it wasn't him who came to us asking to leave, but Beppe and co presenting him with Bayern Munich offer instead of a contract extension.

We received enough money from Pogba that we were able to strengthen the team massively last summer... the problem is that we'd sold Vidal for a paltry sum the summer before that was never going to allow us to replace him adequately and we are still suffering from that.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
Of course i only know of the highlight videos of schick so i can not really judge him, but if the best of him (in his highlight videos) is already mediocre i do not get the fappening about him when we where thought to have signed him already. I would have hoped we would go for diego costa if we really needed a backup for higuain, because schick does not really look like a proper target man.
:shifty:

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
The annoying thing is we probably end up with a Matuidi level of player while Matuidi isnt better than Marchisio for that matter... We need a strong CM who can make some damage!
Kroos great but cant get him
SMS - great but we wont pay 70M..
Verratti - not what we need and too expensive anyway...
Goretzka - great but will not sign for us as he has his heart set on Bayern..
Saul - We can try for him but he will cost at least 70M-80M
Koke - Good player but wont come here cheap

It seems to me like our only real option if we want to improve is SMS - the rest are unavailable...
For similar amount of money saul niguez is the best investment by far, would prefer him than veratti.

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
We could have easily handled the loss of 40 mil revenue from Vidal's sale, and would be the strongest team in football imo with him added to this team. Add to that, we wouldn't have had to buy Rincon, so that 40 mil drops to 30mil lost revenue.
:tup:

Also Lemina was bought for 10m and now have two salaries to pay which could have been used to give Vidal a payraise.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Well, he sometimes does tbh :D

We should be looking for a quality CM, but it seems we're more interested in a CB acquisition. WTF?! Caldara can be recalled in January, and we have Chiellini, Rugani, Barza, and Benatia. 5 CBs for two positions is more than enough. What's the point of keeping Rugani and acquiring Caldara for a substantial sum, if we aren't going to trust them. Save that 20-30 million, and put it towards buying a top quality CM, as opposed to the shit names being mentioned.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
So how many more Mondays do we have before end of mercato..seeing as we only get some sort of good news on Monday,might as well just lock this thread and only open on Sunday-Tuesday :D :D

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I will never forgive Beppe for selling Vidal, and to a lesser extent Bonucci. Pogba is a money dabbing ho, all about image and the spotlight, so he was bound to leave sooner or later. Maybe, just maybe, in 15 years when this pathetic league called Serie A gets its shit together, we can aspire to retain our best players, and get those meaningful and lucrative contracts/endorsements/sponsorship deals.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
The type we need is someone who can fight in the air while be able to attack and defend - it doesnt has to be a particular type of player but the player we need must have this as otherwise our mid will be run over again...
P.S Mbappe Real supposed deal rubbished by Monaco`s VP
so Sergej basically

- - - Updated - - -

Are you serious? Kroos isn't athletic at all and he can't defend to save his life.

We must indeed be talking about a different Kroos.
remember when Low assigned him to man mark Pirlo at the 2012 Euro? ::lol3::

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)