Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Im furstrated with the level of players we are aiming at
D.Costa is good but not as good as Di Maria James and etc which we could try for
Bernardeschi is good and I hope he does what our board expects of him but again this is not an Mbappe or something..
This even is not the bad aiming I was referring to as CM - Should we bring a WC player who can help us launch some serious CL campaign?! Nope we can get the mighty Matuidi or Nzonzi or some other average player we havent even been linked with yet..

Buy on AliExpress.com

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
D.Costa is good but not as good as Di Maria James and etc which we could try for
Bernardeschi is good and I hope he does what our board expects of him but again this is not an Mbappe or something..
This even is not the bad aiming I was referring to as CM - Should we bring a WC player who can help us launch some serious CL campaign?! Nope we can get the mighty Matuidi or Nzonzi or some other average player we havent even been linked with yet..
This is my concern as well but posters here seem to be okay with selling 'homemade' worldclass players and replacing them with mediocre ones. How is this supposed to close the gap to top clubs, I honestly don't know. We'll sell Sandro and Dybala soon and replace them with some Serie A talent or declining players. And then we wonder why the sponsorship contracts are so shit

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Di Maria has been on the wane for the past 3 years.
Juve builds and moulds players, we aren't Manchester City who plonk 50+ million euros on any player who had one decent season. Pogba, Vidal, Bonucci, Alex Sandro, Dybala, Morata were all good players before they joined us, but we made them into superstars.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Di Maria has been on the wane for the past 3 years.
Juve builds and moulds players, we aren't Manchester City who plonk 50+ million euros on any player who had one decent season. Pogba, Vidal, Bonucci, Alex Sandro, Dybala, Morata were all good players before they joined us, but we made them into superstars.
You forgot the most important part, what happens after the molding and building

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
The guy is a beast. Follow him during a match and you see how he rarely misplaces a pass and his movement is impecable.

And I don't think he is overrated at all. On the contrary, he is a low profile player that stays away from the spotlight.
I've watched him a lot and I don't rate him. His passing is good but he is no Pirlo. He mostly recycles possession, which is not that difficult to do in a team like Real Madrid that dominates almost every game. His defensive contribution is minimal and he doesnt dribble much. Overall he is a good player but extremely overrated. Pjanic is better.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Why do you rate Di Maria and James above Douglas? All three of them have shown they can be good but they are inconsistent. Di Maria failed both at United and PSG, James was not even called up by Zidane for CL final ffs and he's not a winger. They are more marketable but not necessarily better football wise.

Mbappe? His price might reach 200mln, what world you are living in?

Also, you rate our hunt for a CM basing on newspaper gossip. I've got a feeling you just dislike our signings because they are not flashy enough. For example, I bet you would love Renato Sanches here even though he failed miserably at Bayern and he isn't a guarantee by any means.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Neither were affordable from a salary.

DC will do great for us so calm down everyone.

adame

Aug 27, 2013
Here are some weak rumors I have heard or read, some of them might be old, but here you go: Faouzi Ghoulam (LB) don't want to extend his contract with Napoli (his contract ends in June 30 2018), so Juventus is ready to take steps to sign him, if somehow AS will leave, but he still remain a target and could be the first signing of summer 2018 for free. I think there can be some truth in it and I think he could be a decent backup to Alex Sandro next year.
Modric doesn't feel too motivated now he had won the 3rd CL with Real, he wants to change and Real don't want to keep him at all costs, Juventus is interested. (I call this fake) I rate Modric very highly, but I don't think he wants to leave Real Madrid and Real would let his best player to go.
That's all I could dig out, not very reliable and I hardly found any sources, so these could be fan fiction.
For the CM position looks like nor Can nor Matic nor Matuidi will come here this summer as the first one probably will extend, second one probably go to MU and the third one is too expensive for a player with only one year remaining of his contract. I don't know who will come, but if we really have to sign someone than I would try for Milan Badelj. Juventus was interested in him last winter and I guess due to the great relationship with Fiorentina made them sign Rincón. I guess if Rincón will leave maybe Badelj will come and I believe he is a much better player than El General. Badelj are also pretty underrated he is a very good player, strong tackler, good passer, very good at holding the ball and good at possession play. His contract will expire in 2018 so Fiorentina must sell him, so he could be a decent, cheap choice. If there is no better player available on the market I would go for him, but I believe there are still better options out there.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Why do you rate Di Maria and James above Douglas? All three of them have shown they can be good but they are inconsistent. Di Maria failed both at United and PSG, James was not even called up by Zidane for CL final ffs and he's not a winger. They are more marketable but not necessarily better football wise.

Mbappe? His price might reach 200mln, what world you are living in?

Also, you rate our hunt for a CM basing on newspaper gossip. I've got a feeling you just dislike our signings because they are not flashy enough. For example, I bet you would love Renato Sanches here even though he failed miserably at Bayern and he isn't a guarantee by any means.
This.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Neither were affordable from a salary.
I agree with that, I'm realistic enough to see that.

But I'd rather keep Pogba for 3 more years, that's a WC mid for 3 seasons, than what we have done.

-oh look the retard is spazzing out about Pogba again, everybody will say. No, I'm just using him as example. Same could have been applied to Vidal and Tevez, same will be applied for Dybala and Sandro.

A developed WC player is worth more than the bag of cash you will get for him because, due to wages, you cannot afford replacing him properly.

Continuity within your team is also a factor we shit on

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I agree with that, I'm realistic enough to see that.

But I'd rather keep Pogba for 3 more years, that's a WC mid for 3 seasons, than what we have done.

-oh look the retard is spazzing out about Pogba again, everybody will say. No, I'm just using him as example. Same could have been applied to Vidal and Tevez, same will be applied for Dybala and Sandro.

A developed WC player is worth more than the bag of cash you will get for him because, due to wages, you cannot afford replacing him properly.

Continuity within your team is also a factor we shit on
David Amoyal says that Marotta is great at finding good deals, but he needs a wartime consigliere by his side to stamp down the club's authority in situations like these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)