Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (29 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
After the clarification of the reason of Bonucci sale and Dalves release, our mercato for me was 8/10.
Then we dropped the ball. Overpaid for the loaning of DCosta. Szczesny was ok i guess...
But we also overpaid for De Sciglio and massively overpaid for Bernardeschi.
Those 4 players CANNOT give us the extra smth we need in Europe this year, maybe some of them will settle and be proven Juve material, but cannot push us forward.
Investing 46+12+12+40 = 110 illions for them is a massive mistake imo. They are good for the domestic championship, but we didn't need more depth players, we needed starters to offer that extra smth.
I would prefer two 60mil starters over them any day!
Whats worse is that some of them will be our starters for quite some time and that would mean that we are not going to further improve and remain in those mediocre standards in the coming years.
A tragic mistake because we still have some champions, that could do a lot better with a couple more, yet they wont last forever, Higuaín for example has a couple of years at this competitive level.
And others like Dybala, who are younger, surely knows that if we expect from De Sciglio, DCosta and Bernardeschi to carry us to their shoulders, then we never have the chance to win the CL, so he will inevitable go to a team that can offer them a chance to win it...
It is a 6/10 now, both because of wasting huuuge money on some players only because they had U21 NT caps and because we have shown to the world that we have dropped the white towel.
Instead of pushing to improve and reclaim that CL, we have accepted our fate to be in the back seat...
Such a sad day, it is, last year some transfers gave me hope, despite dropping our best players like Tevez, Vidal and Pogba in the past years.
I thought that we manned up and showed the ambition to reach the old Juve level with the acquisition of champions on their prime, like Higuaín.
But it was sort lived, we are still a feeder club, we will sell our champions and settle with the Bernardeschis...
Sell Bonucci for less than the English offered and release Alves and mercato was 8/10 before we even bought anyone, losing 2 starters but 8/10 :lol:

And the ball dropped when we started to sign players rather than sell our starters lol. That logic man. :lol:

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Thanks for this post. Bookmarked it to read sometime this year

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
Please do so, because you know that history always proves me right.
Last summer I was pleased and certain that we have improved, where most of the ppl was thinking otherwise and we won the double and reached the CL final.
If we dont do better on mercato, this year we will do worse.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Sell Bonucci for less than the English offered and release Alves and mercato was 8/10 before we even bought anyone, losing 2 starters but 8/10 :lol:

And the ball dropped when we started to sign players rather than sell our starters lol. That logic man. :lol:
I never liked Bonucci, I ve always considered him a liability and the last years I was extremely irritated by his overconfidence. He was a mistake waiting to happen.
His attitude has created several problems and was getting worse and worse. Although I agree that it was the worst moment to sell him, I agree that Pep or Conte could offer more.
But it was never our choice, we were forced to sell him in Italy and honestly, I wouldn't expect that Milan would pay 42mil.
Considering that it wasn't our choice, we did ok. Releasing Dalves wasn't either.

But DCosta and Bernardeschi for 86mil, were our choices.
Signing two decent players instead of a champion was our choice.
Dropping 12 for nearly free agent De Ciglio, instead of a real starter was our choice.

We were bound to buy players, I dint panic with the early rumors, that we were aiming for mediocrity.
I still help hopes that these were smokescreens and we were preparing better deals. But we didn't and a large part of our budget is spent not.
The money is committed. We can still buy Matic and a starter RB and make it an 8/10, but cannot change the fact the again we have opted for quantity over quality.
Committing the other 40mil on Bernardeschi, after the 46on Douglas has sealed the limit this mercato can go...
Today is the first day that have an idea were we are heading.

- - - Updated - - -

It is how it is.
It was risky last year, but I didn't hesitate, it cant be that difficult every year...
Next year for example, it will be even easier, because we know now what to expect!

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Its quite hard to estimate the damage Bonucci did to our club.
I ll help you though!
We sacrificed a lot to make him half decent, suffered many goals because of his defensive inabilities, esp in the first 3 years, those goals meant points lost and in the long run maybe even titles.
Titles that could help us keep our champions and attract others, sooner than we actually did.
We also sacrificed a lot to raise and sustain this Ego of his and right when he reached the right age and we started to benefit from all those sacrifices, his lousy character forced us to sell him and prolly even lose a CL final and all that it means for our financials and prestige gains.
Even then, the moment we had to sell him, exactly when we shouldn't, he forced us to sell him to our direct competition and for an amount much inferior, a sale in an EPL team, would have brought us.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
I ll help you though!
We sacrificed a lot to make him half decent, suffered many goals because of his defensive inabilities, esp in the first 3 years, those goals meant points lost and in the long run maybe even titles.
Titles that could help us keep our champions and attract others, sooner than we actually did.
We also sacrificed a lot to raise and sustain this Ego of his and right when he reached the right age and we started to benefit from all those sacrifices, his lousy character forced us to sell him and prolly even lose a CL final and all that it means for our financials and prestige gains.
Even then, the moment we had to sell him, exactly when we shouldn't, he forced us to sell him to our direct competition and for an amount much inferior, a sale in an EPL team, would have brought us.
We could have won so many more titles in the last 6 years if we hadn't lost all those points because of Bonucci.

You're not even trying anymore. You can do better than that.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I ll help you though!
You were a much better troll when we weren't winning. Now you just try too hard

Mar 3, 2014
I'm not worried about MdS. I think he'll be good. Not every position needs to be an offensive dynamo. He can defend, he is decent going forward, and versatile. There is no problem with that in my mind. Also putting him on a Juventus backline is much different between putting him between the lines of Mexes, Paletta, Gomez and that disaster of a backline that Milan had since Silva was sold.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I ll help you though!
If he is so mental and lousy that he cost us a CL final then why are you also complaining he is at Milan now? Doesnt him being there then weaken them? Shoildnt you be gleeful we robbed them of 40mil for such a blackhole of a player. Your hate for bonucci is so irrational you dont even make sense anymore

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
After the clarification of the reason of Bonucci sale and Dalves release, our mercato for me was 8/10.
Then we dropped the ball. Overpaid for the loaning of DCosta. Szczesny was ok i guess...
But we also overpaid for De Sciglio and massively overpaid for Bernardeschi.
Those 4 players CANNOT give us the extra smth we need in Europe this year, maybe some of them will settle and be proven Juve material, but cannot push us forward.
Investing 46+12+12+40 = 110 illions for them is a massive mistake imo. They are good for the domestic championship, but we didn't need more depth players, we needed starters to offer that extra smth.
I would prefer two 60mil starters over them any day!
Whats worse is that some of them will be our starters for quite some time and that would mean that we are not going to further improve and remain in those mediocre standards in the coming years.
A tragic mistake because we still have some champions, that could do a lot better with a couple more, yet they wont last forever, Higuaín for example has a couple of years at this competitive level.
And others like Dybala, who are younger, surely knows that if we expect from De Sciglio, DCosta and Bernardeschi to carry us to their shoulders, then we never have the chance to win the CL, so he will inevitable go to a team that can offer them a chance to win it...
It is a 6/10 now, both because of wasting huuuge money on some players only because they had U21 NT caps and because we have shown to the world that we have dropped the white towel.
Instead of pushing to improve and reclaim that CL, we have accepted our fate to be in the back seat...
Such a sad day, it is, last year some transfers gave me hope, despite dropping our best players like Tevez, Vidal and Pogba in the past years.
I thought that we manned up and showed the ambition to reach the old Juve level with the acquisition of champions on their prime, like Higuaín.
But it was sort lived, we are still a feeder club, we will sell our champions and settle with the Bernardeschis...
I'm surprised you survived Calciopoli and the Blanc-Secco era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)