Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (34 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Bang

Mar 12, 2012
Papers obviously still think we want a starter RB while selling Licht and having De Sciglio as a back.

But it ain't gonna happen, yeah, I also think our right side is settled.
Settled as in "we're not gonna buy anyone" or settled as in "We're solid there, we don't need anyone?"

Spoiler alert: one of those options is delusional.

Chiellini said we need another centre back. Not sure if a player should really say that tbh.

Giorgio, but Rugani? :shifty:
I agree with Chiellini. If you have given up all hope on CL next year, then sure, Rugani is a solid choice for Serie A. Chiellini is obviously still hungry though, he wants CL, we need someone with immediate impact. What he's too polite to say there is "We need someone to play alongside me in CL, because Benatia is going to be embarrassing."

Some say D.S was signed in order to replace Licht and not Alves while Cancelo will replace Alves - D.S is not bad defensive wise but I dont see him offer anything to our attack compared to the others..

So our team looks like this for now:
Buffon;A.S Chiellini Benatia D.S;Pjanic TBD; D.Costa Dybala Bernardeschi;Higuain
CM is the big question while we probably need a RB (and sell Licht)
CB could be good for depth but we are ok as we are..

?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?

I started out liking this post, because you identify that MDS is nothing more than a backup, but that gem in the end KILLED me. Do you just not want CL anymore? Has our season objective officially been reduced to "Try to keep Serie A title"?

Of course you didn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's another one of your gems I ran into in the Pogba thread. Totally unrelated but still funny.
SAVAGE. I fantasize about doing stuff like that all the time. You're a more patient man than I, and will go much farther in life.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I call them just because of who the gif is of :D Nothing to do with you.

But really, just do it, go find my posts that wildly contradict or disprove my own words/ showwhat I'm denying now, as you were on Juliano13s post, and done multiple times in the past.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Settled as in "we're not gonna buy anyone" or settled as in "We're solid there, we don't need anyone?"

Spoiler alert: one of those options is delusional.

I agree with Chiellini. If you have given up all hope on CL next year, then sure, Rugani is a solid choice for Serie A. Chiellini is obviously still hungry though, he wants CL, we need someone with immediate impact. What he's too polite to say there is "We need someone to play alongside me in CL, because Benatia is going to be embarrassing."

?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?

I started out liking this post, because you identify that MDS is nothing more than a backup, but that gem in the end KILLED me. Do you just not want CL anymore? Has our season objective officially been reduced to "Try to keep Serie A title"?

SAVAGE. I fantasize about doing stuff like that all the time. You're a more patient man than I, and will go much farther in life.
I meant we are just good as we are in terms of CB not the whole team..
RB I dont think we should settle with MDS
CB Benatia might not be as good as Bonucci but he is better than most CB in europe so unless we have no other places to strengthen we can stay with our CBs...
CM is a must buy as we need someone who can provide some physicality and challenge headers..
Wingers - I would have preferred we go to WC wingers but this is what we get and there is no point suggesting others as the 2 are all but sealed here (D.C is already here while Bernardeschi is in medicals..)

Di Maria might be available for 30M they say - Does he has a EU passport? if he does sell Cuad and take him instead

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
explain your hype for these two random players
they not at all random
I've watched Valencia, because of the Zazagod, and Cancelo is your modern all-attacking mode RB. He is a beast going forward and Max will organize him to defend.
And SMS is my wet dream, I think he will become a Vidal-Naingollan 2.0, but bigger-stronger and without drinking habbits.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
If Renato Sanches really is available, especially on loan with an option, we should take him, we obviously have a good relationship with Bayern, much better than Milan-Bayern, use it Beppe. Our midfield backups Sturaro, Assamoah, Lemina, Rincon have little to no hope of ever improving our first 11 quality, would be awesome to have a CM with potential to fap to instead of our limited bunch. The guy instantly improved Portugal almost every time he got subbed on in the Euros, the talent is clearly there.
:tup:

and we should finalize the sale of Kroos

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
they not at all random
I've watched Valencia, because of the Zazagod, and Cancelo is your modern all-attacking mode RB. He is a beast going forward and Max will organize him to defend.
And SMS is my wet dream, I think he will become a Vidal-Naingollan 2.0, but bigger-stronger and without drinking habbits.
i miss him so much :sad:

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Wingback is one of the most physically demanding positions in football, you really need as much depth there as possible. Lich and Asamoah don't really qualify. Ideally we'd sign another RB who can split time with MDS, while MDS also doubles as Sandros backup. Plenty of playing time for everyone.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
they not at all random
Cancelo seems to be very technical. Why is his pass success rate so low?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)