Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (35 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I never liked Bonucci, I ve always considered him a liability and the last years I was extremely irritated by his overconfidence. He was a mistake waiting to happen.
His attitude has created several problems and was getting worse and worse. Although I agree that it was the worst moment to sell him, I agree that Pep or Conte could offer more.
But it was never our choice, we were forced to sell him in Italy and honestly, I wouldn't expect that Milan would pay 42mil.
Considering that it wasn't our choice, we did ok. Releasing Dalves wasn't either.

But DCosta and Bernardeschi for 86mil, were our choices.
Signing two decent players instead of a champion was our choice.
Dropping 12 for nearly free agent De Ciglio, instead of a real starter was our choice.

We were bound to buy players, I dint panic with the early rumors, that we were aiming for mediocrity.
I still help hopes that these were smokescreens and we were preparing better deals. But we didn't and a large part of our budget is spent not.
The money is committed. We can still buy Matic and a starter RB and make it an 8/10, but cannot change the fact the again we have opted for quantity over quality.
Committing the other 40mil on Bernardeschi, after the 46on Douglas has sealed the limit this mercato can go...
Today is the first day that have an idea were we are heading.

- - - Updated - - -

It is how it is.
It was risky last year, but I didn't hesitate, it cant be that difficult every year...
Next year for example, it will be even easier, because we know now what to expect!
Where are we heading then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)