Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (29 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2006
maybe?! :shifty: i wouldn't exactly call pjanic a downgrade, he's class, but look at what we have compared to pirlo, vidal, pogba and marchisio...

a top3 cm signing is long overdue.
Marchisio is still here, albeit slightly invisible... :lol:

Khedira, Sturaro, Rincon, Lemina ... how many options do we need. If we sell 3 of them for a combined of 50M - here it goes most of the money for a Matic/Kroos/Renato Sanchez or whatever 'top CM' signing.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Maybe a top CM. But with Schick deal off and the speculations regarding Cuadrado, I wouldn't say we are stacked up front. Especially if we are playing 4231. I think forwards are the players that need rotation, since they usually use most of the energy in a top team. By Allegri words we paid heavily in the final last year because of that.
But how's that? We're stacked, no matter how you look at it.

Higuain/Mandzu/Kean
Mandzu/Pjaca - Dybala/Berna - Costa/Cuadrado

And Berna can easily play on both wings as well. What do we lack here?

A top CM? Like who? We need a proper DM, those aren't exactly shiny players. We need someone who will get the job done here, no fireworks, really.
Pjanic is a top player, good enough to be a starter.

Apr 29, 2006
But how's that? We're stacked, no matter how you look at it.

Higuain/Mandzu/Kean
Mandzu/Pjaca - Dybala/Berna - Costa/Cuadrado

And Berna can easily play on both wings as well. What do we lack here?

A top CM? Like who? We need a proper DM, those aren't exactly shiny players. We need someone who will get the job done here, no fireworks, really.
Pjanic is a top player, good enough to be a starter.
You have the lineup with Berna already and we don't even have 2 guys per a position. Pjaca would take time to be ready (Oct-Nov) and Mandzu would never have a similar season again.

That is also assuming Cuadrado doesn't leave and I've considered him an option for a fb as well, provided we don't buy an attacking RB.

I've wrote about CM/DM's above. Yeah we would probably get one, I agree. No idea whom though. Is Berna 100% certain? What about Bentacur - is he a DM/CM, an AM or a loanee in the waiting? If he stays thats a lot of mids.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
You have the lineup with Berna already and we don't even have 2 guys per a position. Pjaca would take time to be ready (Oct-Nov) and Mandzu would never have a similar season again.

That is also assuming Cuadrado doesn't leave and I've considered him an option for a fb as well, provided we don't buy an attacking RB.

I've wrote about CM/DM's above. Yeah we would probably get one, I agree. No idea whom though. Is Berna 100% certain? What about Bentacur - is he a DM/CM, an AM or a loanee in the waiting? If he stays thats a lot of mids.
CM/AM and we would not waste a non-eu spot just to loan him out.
He'll stay while Lemina,Rincon and maybe Sturaro will leave.
So we need to get AT LEAST 1 strong CM to have at least Khedira-Marchisio-Pjanic-Betancur and Mr. X

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012

Yeah I assumed we'll get Berna and now that Schick is gone I expect him (Berna) even more. We simply have to get it done, because he can play anywhere in the "3" in 4231. If we sign Berna, we're covered nicely. We might get someone else but I just see it tbh, it's unlikely. Cuadrado will stay (even if he goes, we'll replace him, no problem here).
Cuadrado as RB? It's not going to happen, nothing suggests it could. I expect us to sign Cancelo for RB.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
We have made another deal with Sass.

They will sign Francesco Cassata for 5-6mln (might be our money) and we'll have an option to buy him.

- - - Updated - - -

Juve, per Schick non è ancora finita :donedeal:

if he stays in Samp and everything turns out to be okay in January it seems we'll go back at him. But that's all Tuttosport.

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT: Oh Cassata kid was already ours but on a loan at Ascoli :tup:

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
FI

Juventus are reportedly eyeing a triple swoop in the region of €90m for Chelsea’s Nemanja Matic, plus Valencia pair Joao Cancelo and Ezequiel Garay.

According to Gazzetta dello Sport, Matic has moved to the top of Juve’s midfield wishlist, ahead of Blaise Matuidi and Emre Can, despite the Bianconeri’s preference to sign the latter due to his “age and potential”.

The Serbian appeared to be destined for Manchester United, but the newspaper claims their deal for Romelu Lukaku prompted the Blues to back out of a sale.

Matic has also been omitted from Chelsea’s preseason tour of China and Singapore.

However, Gazzetta cites reports in England that Antonio Conte’s side are demanding €45m for the 28-year-old, stemming from Juve’s refusal to lower their asking price for Alex Sandro.

Deporte Valenciano, meanwhile, is convinced that Juve will make a final offer of €45m for Garay and Cancelo.Garay is viewed as a low-cost alternative to Roma’s Kostas Manolas but at 31 would not be a long-term replacement for Leonardo Bonucci.

Cancelo, meanwhile, spent the second half of last season playing as a right winger, rather than a right-back, due to the ermegence of former Inter man Martin Montoya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)