Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 3, 2014
How can possession be negative? Did the player changed sides during HT?
I know when I do data crunching I use standard deviations. So if it uses a similar process, that could explain it.

- - - Updated - - -

i'll just leave it here:
Ricardo Pereira would be a good signing. Can also play in more advanced positions, is only 23. Also, similar squawka stores..

Mar 3, 2014
What do you think they are measuring? Successful passes vs Interceptions?

A negative measure using standard deviations would indicate you are a extremely $#@!ty passer
Yeah it would mean that you are below the mean, ie in the bottom half. It would depend on who the comparisons were against too. For example: if it was done out of a universe of all defenders, the CB would usually have better % percentages.

So when I ran numbers I looked at this figures, all done in standard deviations - I nerded out on this....
-Passing accuracy
-Possession share (player passes vs. total passes), standardizing based on the league as well.
-Dribble share (how many successful drives vs. dribbling of team)
-Take on Rate (Successful dribbles vs. Unsuccessful dribbles)
-Number of Bad Touches
-Number of Bad Touches vs. Bad Touches of Team
-Total Times Dispossessed
-Number of Times Dispossessed vs. Times the Team is Dispossessed. For example Geoffrey Kondogbia per game as a percentage of team dispossessions is 25%! That's absurd.
-Forward vs. Backwards passes. I penalized backpasses a bit.

lvmnz

Jul 28, 2015
Yeah it would mean that you are below the mean, ie in the bottom half. It would depend on who the comparisons were against too. For example: if it was done out of a universe of all defenders, the CB would usually have better % percentages.

So when I ran numbers I looked at this figures, all done in standard deviations - I nerded out on this....
-Passing accuracy
-Possession share (player passes vs. total passes), standardizing based on the league as well.
-Dribble share (how many successful drives vs. dribbling of team)
-Take on Rate (Successful dribbles vs. Unsuccessful dribbles)
-Number of Bad Touches
-Number of Bad Touches vs. Bad Touches of Team
-Total Times Dispossessed
-Number of Times Dispossessed vs. Times the Team is Dispossessed. For example Geoffrey Kondogbia per game as a percentage of team dispossessions is 25%! That's absurd.
-Forward vs. Backwards passes. I penalized backpasses a bit.
http://www.squawka.com/what-is-the-squawka-player-performance-rating

This helps contextualize the squawka ratings, even without geeking out :nico:

- - - Updated - - -

I like whoscored better as a measure of player value, mostly because I read an article a while back saying that whoscored total team ratings correlated to a greater extent than that of squawka with table results. Thinking just for a moment though, it's relatively easy to realize that any such player evaluation suffers from lack of context, and so assumptions based on the ratings shouldn't be totalizing.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
[video=twitter;885171278860177409]https://twitter.com/DMontalvan/status/885171278860177409[/video]

Alex Sandro Shirt :tuttosport:
Last shirt is turned other way...Bernardeschi?
Lichtsteiner shirt so he stays for this year

- - - Updated - - -

Why would you use EL stats for Pereira and league stats for the rest?:confused2
oh crap

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
@DUKAC if using the monkey insult is not racist than what is racist? you're leaving KKK with very little to work with there
This is unbelievable!!!.As I said ,monkey as an animal,who is non stop in running ,making millions jumpings and similar silly things,throwing everything to his opponent when nervous ,damaging everything around him,doing weird things just cause he thinks that are appropriate in the present moment,loud as hell when the things aren't going in accordance with their will.Shell I continue?Animal not a description or as an insult for some race.That's how I feel what Dani Alves did.Posting his 2015 final boots when he was playing for Barcelona ,now,when the scum was wearing Juve jersey. Giving a,non asked for ,advice to Dybala to leave us.That's a monkey attitude for me .And I adore animals but I feel monkey that way.That description of Alves does not have anything in common with race,neither I care what race is Alves really.I don't rate the people through the race!!!!You can't put an equal sign, in,chanting monkey sounds toward black player with this.So ,comparing any men with monkey is automatically racist speech???????The most stupid thing I have heard in my life.And you are comparing what I wrote with KKK?:sergio: .Which acids are commanding your head with a thinking like this?And I will finish .Stop this kind of bullshit and especially overreacting and talking about racism where there isn't a room for that.

lvmnz

Jul 28, 2015

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
Aurier is out of the question now that we signed Costa. Good riddance.

Cancelo + a proper CM/DM would make this mercato pretty much perfect as long as we keep all our stars.
What? Why? Never heard of any problems between the two, I don't think they've even shared a team.

Yup, I'd still want Bernardeschi, but if we get to keep all of our guys, and add that quality to our team, I'd be happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)