Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (23 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Perfect mercato

- - - Updated - - -

I dont get why random peasants like that VVG guy here keep popping their $#@!ty 4321 formations.

- Allegri confirmed 4231.
- Marotta confirmed we dont want Tolisso because we moved to a different formation.

Yet they keep popping up with this 4321 or 433 dybala winger idiotic crap.
Why so focused on the formation? It doesn't matter what anybody said or did. Allegri will change and adapt to whatever scenario plays out. If for example Higuain gets injured 6 months, Allegri will make changes and we'll look a lot different. What matters is the players we bring in and their versatility to playing alternative positions and roles. Also a big factor to why we are after Bernardeschi. Tolisso was probably too expensive for what we evaluate him. A young promising CM b2b with a good season. I still think he's a Lemina on a good season.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
[video=twitter;881823951592325120]https://twitter.com/VVGenechten/status/881823951592325120[/video]

Interesting. But we need better midfield depth options than Sturaro and Rincón.

- - - Updated - - -

Also if we're considering 4-3-2-1 now, why the f did we ditch Tolisso? Makes no sense to me.
Because the big signing is Verratti

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Perfect mercato

- - - Updated - - -

I dont get why random peasants like that VVG guy here keep popping their $#@!ty 4321 formations.

- Allegri confirmed 4231.
- Marotta confirmed we dont want Tolisso because we moved to a different formation.

Yet they keep popping up with this 4321 or 433 dybala winger idiotic crap.
The formations confirmed in july don't mean much for Juve. We thought we would play 4-2-4 in 2011. 4-3-3 in 2012. 3-5-2 in 2014. 4-3-1-2 in 2015. 3-5-2 in 2016.

Every time it changed to 4-3-3, then 3-5-2, then 4-3-1-2, then 3-5-2 again and finally 4-2-3-1 that no one expected.

Allegri will find a solution to our squad, we'll see what that is.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Don’t really know honestly. Juventus haven’t really said what the budget is this year and last year we didn’t think Higuain was possible but we got him and a few other players.
But we sold Pogba which majorly contributed to Higuain's purchase.

If Bonucci or Sandro are sold then maybe there's a chance but even then i think it's unlikely given how stubborn PSG are.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
But we sold Pogba which majorly contributed to Higuain's purchase.

If Bonucci or Sandro are sold then maybe there's a chance but even then i think it's unlikely given how stubborn PSG are.
If any are sold and it’s a big if at this moment it will be Sandro. I don’t think spending 20 mil on Danilo is dependent on a sale. With him and Schick that’s only 45 mill in total add Berna that’s 90 mil. It’s doable and another two purchases after that can still be made

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
In response to several of the above posts, a transfer spend figure availability (nett of fees from sales) was thought to be in the region of €120m. This given increased revenue streams from the Champions League, sponsorship and merchandise etc etc.

This takes into account the modest revenue from player sales (excluding potential €70m from sale of Sandro*) from the likes of Sturaro, Lemina and others.

With Schick, Bernardeschi, Danilo we should still comfortably have around €50m/€55m left to get the kind of quality central midfield that will be vital to maintain our grip on Serie A dominance.

* a small possibility of a player+cash swap from either Chelsea or PSG. This though highly unlikely unless we still want Matuidi, which I hope we don't.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
[video=twitter;881823951592325120]https://twitter.com/VVGenechten/status/881823951592325120[/video]

Interesting. But we need better midfield depth options than Sturaro and Rincón.

- - - Updated - - -

Also if we're considering 4-3-2-1 now, why the f did we ditch Tolisso? Makes no sense to me.
1. Allegri confirmed the 4-2-3-1 formation so I doubt we will use 4-3-2-1 even if we do play it from time to time
2. 4-3-2-1 would mean no space for Cuadrado unless we play him out of position
3. It does make no sense to ditch Tolisso and then go for this formation unless its an afterthought...
4. If we do go 4-3-2-1 it would make it more suitable for our players but honestly I think Mandzukic at LW is better than Mandzukic as SS even if his natural position is CF
5. If we do go 4-3-2-1 it means we need 1 strong CM and 1 strong AM instead of 2 wingers and CM which is better in terms of budget - Morata could have done very well as a supporting striker here as he has the physique for long balls as well as speed for counters

Matuidi isnt a bad player but honestly I still hope for a better player

If we go for 4-3-2-1 formation we need to
a. sell Cuadrado 30-35M
b. get AM (if Bernardeschi it is probably 40M+Rincon)
c. get a RB - If Danilo or Darmian it will be around 25M
d. Lemina will be sold in any scenario so 20M

We are 50M-65M=15M net spend which means we can get someone serious to our team and if we also sell A.Sandro we could even get someone like Mbappe or two WC signings

- - - Updated - - -

In response to several of the above posts, a transfer spend figure availability (nett of fees from sales) was thought to be in the region of €120m. This given increased revenue streams from the Champions League, sponsorship and merchandise etc etc.

This takes into account the modest revenue from player sales (excluding potential €70m from sale of Sandro) from the likes of Sturaro, Lemina and others.

With Schick, Bernardeschi, Danilo we should still comfortably have around €50m/€55m left to get the kind of quality central midfield that will be vital to maintain our grip on Serie A dominance.
This is the problem... This shouldnt be our priority - Challenging for the CL with a stronger team - This should be our priority - After 6th straight scudettos we need to think forward and not just think about making it 7th - We are playing in europe based competition and not just domestic competitions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)