Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (38 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I can't believe that but I genuinely think Juventus is operating in a panic mode every fucking summer. No plan or whatsoever.
I think a lot of that is perpetuated by the rollercoaster high and low that the media create among fans, and it happens for most teams.

You also have to add in the current state of football. Like Marotta says, no interest can turn into concrete interest, 0% signing turns to 90%, in the space of a week. Don't believe for a second that they don't have plans in place for each and every player in the squad, teams of our level scout extensively for that reason. Doesn't mean that you can sign whoever you want with ease.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tomate

Jul 19, 2014
This non-eu rule is so fucking stupid. Every fucking year you have to deal with that BS, with no (working) logic behind that rule. Why is italian football so self-destructive? .

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
How does a team that is built so well and with such continued success give you the impression of operating in panic mode every year? people here believe the media too much. 99% of the is fake, always, for every club.

Just relax and enjoy the summer. The management has given us no reason to think that they are not on top of their game. We can disagree with them about targets and whatnot but on average, in the end, they keep the level high. Marotta and co. are masters at this.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
How does a team that is built so well and with such continued success give you the impression of operating in panic mode every year? people here believe the media too much. 99% of the is fake, always, for every club.

Just relax and enjoy the summer. The management has given us no reason to think that they are not on top of their game. We can disagree with them about targets and whatnot but on average, in the end, they keep the level high. Marotta and co. are masters at this.
Buying Hernanes back at the last day of the mercato will surely give us an good impression yet again. :baus:

Dujj

Jun 4, 2017
Globo Esporte: "PSG recieved three offers for Marquinhos (CB, 2019), and rejected them all".

Juventus made an offer that was rejected. They don't have any info about the fee, probably because it was not a flat fee (player exchange?)

Barca offered 40m, but as usual PSG said no because it's Barca.

ManU offered 70m, but PSG didn't listen either.

----

I think Juve is actually trying to sign good to very best players, but I don't think they have the funds to compete even now, or maybe the Serie A is not that attractive compared to PL/Liga after all.

While it got rejected, it proves (if true) that Juve does try to sign the same players as other big clubs, which is reassuring imo.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, if anyone is interested, Nice confirmed they have an agreement with Seri to let him leave to the club of his choice (it doesn't mean to let him leave for free, just that they won't block a transfer).

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
I think a lot of that is perpetuated by the rollercoaster high and low that the media create among fans, and it happens for most teams.

You also have to add in the current state of football. Like Marotta says, no interest can turn into concrete interest, 0% signing turns to 90%, in the space of a week. Don't believe for a second that they don't have plans in place for each and every player in the squad, teams of our level scout extensively for that reason. Doesn't mean that you can sign whoever you want with ease.
With that policy of ours to let players who want to leave go we are making ourselves to operate in a panic mode. Look at the full-backs situation, all of a sudden we might lose both D. Alves and A. Sandro. I think we didn't put much focus on dealing with agents representing full-backs during the season because we had our lolzilians. Now we could be forced to adjust our focus and try to bring some quality FBs as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Globo Esporte: "PSG recieved three offers for Marquinhos (CB, 2019), and rejected them all".

Juventus made an offer that was rejected. They don't have any info about the fee, probably because it was not a flat fee (player exchange?)

Barca offered 40m, but as usual PSG said no because it's Barca.

ManU offered 70m, but PSG didn't listen either.

----

I think Juve is actually trying to sign good to very best players, but I don't think they have the funds to compete even now, or maybe the Serie A is not that attractive compared to PL/Liga after all.

While it got rejected, it proves (if true) that Juve does try to sign the same players as other big clubs, which is reassuring imo.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, if anyone is interested, Nice confirmed they have an agreement with Seri to let him leave to the club of his choice (it doesn't mean to let him leave for free, just that they won't block a transfer).
I don't see a point in Juve bidding for Marquinhos. We're stacked at CBs and even if Bonucci is leaving we still have Barzagli, Benatia, Rugani and Chiellini. Not to mention Caldara is coming next year.

Who is Seri? I read Roma is interested and I think they can snatch him after selling both Manolas and Salah.

Dujj

Jun 4, 2017
https://abload.de/img/lp1drs05.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]
And as I said in the Matuidi thread, people on twitter reported it as [B]LeParisien saying "Matuidi has an agreement with Juve", [/B]which is [B]fake.[/B]

LeParisien is just quoting the CoS, but as also said by other french medias in the last hour in France, they didn't get the same infos from matuidi's close people in France.

You guys should take any CoS infos with a lots of salt. LeParisien, and other medias are clear about what the CoS said: they don't believe any of it for now.

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote="The Quazis, post: 5550130"]

I don't see a point in Juve bidding for Marquinhos. We're stacked at CBs and even if Bonucci is leaving we still have Barzagli, Benatia, Rugani and Chiellini. Not to mention Caldara is coming next year.

Who is Seri? I read Roma is interested and I think they can snatch him after selling both Manolas and Salah.[/QUOTE]
Seri is the one that was elected best DM of the french league last season.

He's followed by Barca, PSG, and Roma so far.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Seri is good and all, but he`s a dwarf... Also doesnt have a french passport... But he`s good, solid even... But small... Like Kevin Hart small... Good, reliable player though...

Dujj

Jun 4, 2017
Thanks, for some reason I thought he's a winger.
No problem.

Gonna add that Roma is the closest one to sign him so far.

Barca switched to Verratti, and PSG's Henrique apparently is not a fan of Seri. No news about Seri to PSG since Henrique started working.

Also, I know it sounds harsh to say that, but Seri is amongs those players that a lot of people doubt their "official" age...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)