Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
So its Danilo+Bernardeschi+Lemar/Keita+Matuidi/Nzonzi
Danilo is replacing Alves so not really an upgrade
Bernardeschi is good but not amazing so dont know if I call it an upgrade Nzonzi coming here isnt much of an upgrade but more depth Lemar has potential on the left so might be an upgrade but not straight away.. Keita will be an upgrade attacking wise you`ll see but Im not sure we are getting him this season...

Mar 3, 2014
So its Danilo+Bernardeschi+Lemar/Keita+Matuidi/Nzonzi
Danilo is replacing Alves so not really an upgrade
Bernardeschi is good but not amazing so dont know if I call it an upgrade Nzonzi coming here isnt much of an upgrade but more depth Lemar has potential on the left so might be an upgrade but not straight away.. Keita will be an upgrade attacking wise you`ll see but Im not sure we are getting him this season...
You would need to hope that his development curve continues, and he can take his game to the next level at Juve.

Something that I have noticed about Italian players in recent years is a serious reduction in creative players. Bernardeschi is a good winger, finisher, but there have been comparisons to Roberto Baggio...which is crazy. I have noticed that the amount of elite creative players coming out of Italy has decreased materially. Perhaps we were spoiled by having Baggio, Del Piero, and Totti over 20 years with significant career overlap, but ever since, the talent pool has dried up. Cassano had that potential, but he crapped it away with cannoli and hookers. Insigne is the closest we have right now, but he is not remotely close to those three.

Apr 29, 2006
Good try. Failed tho.

The mentionned names are interesting and what we should go after

Schick. Nzonzi. Bernardeschi. Douglas Costa. Danilo. Keita

But you are complaining about all of them. Nothing is good enough.

You are the typical tuz poster who'll complain the entire summer and ends up praising the players at the end of the season
First thing, first - Nothing is good enough when it comes to Juve. That should be natural to mind. I fear the day the reverse happens.

Then - complaining? - yeah, like why we overpaid for Schick? I was expecting another member to offer a suggestion or solution (taxes, other targets, etc), but failing to see one it is a relevant question as to why we are paying another 5 mils. Its not pocket change, since we can't even bill Man Shitty that much for super-mega-star Alves(one of those too good for here, I guess).
Also we are dominating Italy and have the immediate goal of winning the CL. Bench material or 'value deals' is not how I see this team progressing and I might be wrong, but be it that we need quality in big games (imho) I would prefer future or current stars. I don't dislike the mentioned players(half of them I haven't even wrote about), but I certainly don't see them improving our starting 11.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
You would need to hope that his development curve continues, and he can take his game to the next level at Juve.

Something that I have noticed about Italian players in recent years is a serious reduction in creative players. Bernardeschi is a good winger, finisher, but there have been comparisons to Roberto Baggio...which is crazy. I have noticed that the amount of elite creative players coming out of Italy has decreased materially. Perhaps we were spoiled by having Baggio, Del Piero, and Totti over 20 years with significant career overlap, but ever since, the talent pool has dried up. Cassano had that potential, but he crapped it away with cannoli and hookers. Insigne is the closest we have right now, but he is not remotely close to those three.
Yep. It's a little sad. But im very excited to see how Orsolini will do in pre season. This kid has something extra. Obviously Berna would be an amazing signing as well. I agree, he has immense potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)