Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
We didnt have a mediocre GK for a long time I guess its time again...:lol:

Even though Tolisso is far better in terms of current level+goals and assists ratio+playing in a more serious league?
Also there shouldnt be a Tolisso vs Tielemans as we could get Tielemans regardless of Tolisso...
Yes. Tielemans is 3 years younger and his talent (offensively) is superb as a b2b midifelder compared to tolisso who is more robust. Tielemans would be our new pogba type deal and Tolisso would be our new vidal type deal.

I can't see us getting both unless because i hope we target the likes of sanchez. But if we dont target an offensive player i would love to get both and stick Pjanic as number 10 perminalty.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Yes. Tielemans is 3 years younger and his talent (offensively) is superb as a b2b midifelder compared to tolisso who is more robust. Tielemans would be our new pogba type deal and Tolisso would be our new vidal type deal.

I can't see us getting both unless because i hope we target the likes of sanchez. But if we dont target an offensive player i would love to get both and stick Pjanic as number 10 perminalty.
We can get Tolisso this summer, and agree a pre-contract for Tielemans, bringing him on board in the summer of 2018. We could actually get both this summer, provided we sell Lemina, Sturaro leaves, and we loan out Mandragora and Bentacur. That'll leave us with only Khedira, Marchisio, Rincon, and Pjanic in midfield, which is nowhere near enough in my opinion.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
We can get Tolisso this summer, and agree a pre-contract for Tielemans, bringing him on board in the summer of 2018. We could actually get both this summer, provided we sell Lemina, Sturaro leaves, and we loan out Mandragora and Bentacur. That'll leave us with only Khedira, Marchisio, Rincon, and Pjanic in midfield, which is nowhere near enough in my opinion.
You know deep in your heart Stururu is going to be here for a long time.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

Tielemans is a good prospect but he isnt ready to take his place in our first 11 Tolisso can surely fight for it!
As for the Pogba Vidal comparisons - I think they are different kind of players
Vidal is more dynamic than Tolisso but Tolisso is a smarter player
Pogba is quite unique as he is really technical while very physical - can dribble reach most balls great vision really amazing player
Tielemans - He is talented has great passing ability not nearly as physical as Pogba and his dribbles are more in order to get out from tough situations rather than skip over players - seems to have a menace shooting ability

Id take Tielemans under 30M as I think he has the potential. P.S I dont think he is a smart player..
As for Tolisso - 30M-35M should be the max IMO but I think he will be bought for 40M..

- - - Updated - - -

BTW the Isco situation with Real Madrid - How much do you think we should spend on him? Would you take him over James?

Sashazulu

Jan 19, 2017
Tielemans is a good prospect but he isnt ready to take his place in our first 11 Tolisso can surely fight for it!
Pogba is quite unique as he is really technical while very physical - can dribble reach most balls great vision really amazing player
Tielemans - He is talented has great passing ability not nearly as physical as Pogba and his dribbles are more in order to get out from tough situations rather than skip over players - seems to have a menace shooting ability

Id take Tielemans under 30M as I think he has the potential. P.S I dont think he is a smart player..
As for Tolisso - 30M-35M should be the max IMO but I think he will be bought for 40M..

- - - Updated - - -

BTW the Isco situation with Real Madrid - How much do you think we should spend on him? Would you take him over James?
I agree 100% on the Tiele
mans, Pogba, Tolisso,Vidal post. Yes Tolisso will not go for less than 40 mil. Aulas is a tuff negotiator
Concerning your last point, I do not want them. Isco and James can stay where they are. I prefer Alexis
Sanchez. I even think he will cost less than James.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

- - - Updated - - -

LOL

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
At the start of the season i joked about Andrea Conti that he is the new Padoin, but he is doing really well: 4 goals and 3 assists so far. Should we get him because of the aging rb's we have?
Marotta would have probably made an enquiry during the purchase of caldara about Conti. But i think we are putting a lot of faith on Lirola. Hence why we extended Lichtsteiner to give Lirola time to develop.

2017-18: Lichtsteiner and Alves (both 34 years old)
2018-19: Alves and Lirola (35 and 21 years old)

So if Lirola develops into a starter then we will get a solid backup for him. If not then we can strike a Alex sandro type of deal at around 20-30 mil area and keep lirola as backup.

Joel Untersee is not doing too bad. Maybe he could be a nice surprice and might develop into the backup RB we need.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
icemaη;5464747 said:
You know deep in your heart Stururu is going to be here for a long time.
Sad, but true. However, I retain hope. We got rid of useless hacks like Baiocco, Bachini, and Brighi, and they were all Italian as well. Speaking of hacks, anyone still remember Fabian O'Neill? That pudgy doofus apparently wasted 14 million Euros on women, alcohol, and gambling :howler:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
You`ll be surprised but people will be divided here between Isco and James...
James is a more threatening player Id say but Isco can improve his surroundings something that James cant..
Im a fan of James but I do think Isco is a great player as well

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I agree 100% on the Tiele
mans, Pogba, Tolisso,Vidal post. Yes Tolisso will not go for less than 40 mil. Aulas is a tuff negotiator
Concerning your last point, I do not want them. Isco and James can stay where they are. I prefer Alexis
Sanchez. I even think he will cost less than James.
For sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)