Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

At the right price we should get him.
Always liked him but we should have gone for him before his move to Chelsea...
Now I think he might not suit our style as we might would like to go after a more pacey player
Lemar is a good option for LW while James is a good option for every position, B.Silva would also be a very good option and so are Bernardeschi and Sanchez
If we get a LW it is more likely we will get someone like Bernardeschi who is probably the weakest of those players mentioned (maybe except Lemar) but even the "weakest" player of that list is great

Buy on AliExpress.com

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Let's use this Coman money and buy Sanchez.
I think the Coman money was already used on Benatia..
I assume reaching the CL Semi Final will boost our funds for the next transfer market but I wouldnt expect too much of craziness in it..
We will probably buy a winger (maybe someone who can also play AMC)
LB we will only buy if Asamoah leaves IMO
RB I dont think there is a plan for this summer
GK I think we are currently looking but we will probably buy one the year Gigi says goodbye (IMO it will be after the WC)
CM - We will definitely get one - probably 30-40M one

I assume our market will be 50M of our own money+sales which with Lemina and others it will go to around the 80-85M
Bernardeschi would be available for 45M IMO so another 35-40M CM will be brought and the rest will be small transfers in and out loans and etc..
Schick might be bought but I dont think we will count it for this campaign

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I assume reaching the CL Semi Final will boost our funds for the next transfer market but I wouldnt expect too much of craziness in it..
GK I think we are currently looking but we will probably buy one the year Gigi says goodbye (IMO it will be after the WC)

I assume our market will be 50M of our own money+sales which with Lemina and others it will go to around the 80-85M
Bernardeschi would be available for 45M IMO so another 35-40M CM will be brought and the rest will be small transfers in and out loans and etc..

All this

:tup: Will most likely end this way.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Keeping ALL of our important players, getting some better/more useful depth for our new system and a left winger would be a win at this point. We've dome remarkably well coping with losing Vidal, then Pogba then Tevez and Morata to an extent. But that run is always going to end at some point.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Keeping ALL of our important players, getting some better/more useful depth for our new system and a left winger would be a win at this point. We've dome remarkably well coping with losing Vidal, then Pogba then Tevez and Morata to an extent. But that run is always going to end at some point.
Says who?

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Says every team ever that sells their top players regularly.

I mean Porto kinda pull it off in a shit league. Can't think of any examples of teams selling their established best players Year in, Year out and doing anything but stagnating.

No way we have regular attempts at getting a treble if we lose the Dybala's of the world every Summer. Eventually the replacement will be a dud, or there will be nobody of any real availability. It's inevitable, unless we have some next level scouting system worth more than the club its self I don't know about.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
Always liked him but we should have gone for him before his move to Chelsea...
Now I think he might not suit our style as we might would like to go after a more pacey player
Lemar is a good option for LW while James is a good option for every position, B.Silva would also be a very good option and so are Bernardeschi and Sanchez
If we get a LW it is more likely we will get someone like Bernardeschi who is probably the weakest of those players mentioned (maybe except Lemar) but even the "weakest" player of that list is great
Berardeschi is close to a contract renewal with fiorentina. Also reports suggest he would favour a move to inter or chelsea rather than juve

B.Silva price seems to be double what he should be going for. 70m pounds reports are suggesting which is just plain stupidity

James is great we have dybala in the number 10 position. He would unlikely want to play in the RW position.

Lemar is good option and young, but given that monaco will most likely sell most of their stars, I can't see them selling the whole team.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Berardeschi is close to a contract renewal with fiorentina. Also reports suggest he would favour a move to inter or chelsea rather than juve

B.Silva price seems to be double what he should be going for. 70m pounds reports are suggesting which is just plain stupidity

James is great we have dybala in the number 10 position. He would unlikely want to play in the RW position.

Lemar is good option and young, but given that monaco will most likely sell most of their stars, I can't see them selling the whole team.
gazzetta

and you ofcourse dont know if Jjames would want to play RW or not

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

I mean Porto kinda pull it off in a shit league. Can't think of any examples of teams selling their established best players Year in, Year out and doing anything but stagnating.

No way we have regular attempts at getting a treble if we lose the Dybala's of the world every Summer. Eventually the replacement will be a dud, or there will be nobody of any real availability. It's inevitable, unless we have some next level scouting system worth more than the club its self I don't know about.
But we've spent the last 2 years selling our best players only to make a better team. One might argue that we wouldn't be the team we are now and within a stone throw of a treble if we hadn't made those changes?

And I'd say our scouting system is working fine.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012

I think that's not the case anymore. The club is in a much stronger position than it was a year/two years ago. If we win the treble then there's nothing that will keep us from joining the big boys. We're constantly growing and I think we're closing the gap on the best so it should be easier to keep our stars. Two years ago we wouldn't offer more than 5 - 5.5m net, today we have two players at 7.5m net. We can spend much more now, we're way more attractive and we can finally back our ambitions up financially.

The cycle will come to an end, it's inevitable but ours still looks to be far from that. Even if we lose a scudetto or two it won't mean anything. What we desperately need is a CL title to make that final push in terms of prestige and financial growth.

Mar 3, 2014

He played RW at Porto and Monaco. That was his main position.

With Colombia he plays CAM or LW usually.

With Madrid he has played in many spots.

RW is one of this two favoured positions along with CAM. Enough that FIFA even had him as a RW as his primary position until his transfer to Madrid.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
But we've spent the last 2 years selling our best players only to make a better team. One might argue that we wouldn't be the team we are now and within a stone throw of a treble if we hadn't made those changes?

Yah, 2 years even made me nervous but like I said we pulled it off. But 3,4 even 5 years of ripping out a top player or 2 will take it's toll. That I guarantee.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011

I don't think we'll bring in a goalie next year and immediately play him. That would be a huge risk and would use much more cash since team would know we definitely need a goalie. We'll probably get one to fit in with the team, play our Coppa matches and take over from Buffon one year later.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011

De Sciglio can play both as RB and LB. He has played a lot of Serie A football and for the National team as well. He's very likely to arrive here and I think it'll be a great signing.

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014

He/She does have a valid concern though..
Look at atletico, and dortmund for example..
And for every 1 Gigi, there's 1000 Salas out there, even Beppe will slip every now and then.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)