Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (23 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
He played RW at Porto and Monaco. That was his main position.

With Colombia he plays CAM or LW usually.

With Madrid he has played in many spots.

RW is one of this two favoured positions along with CAM. Enough that FIFA even had him as a RW as his primary position until his transfer to Madrid.
Maybe a 442 with James and Mandzukic could work. James doesn't have the defensive ability of cuadrado though

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I think that's not the case anymore. The club is in a much stronger position than it was a year/two years ago. If we win the treble then there's nothing that will keep us from joining the big boys. We're constantly growing and I think we're closing the gap on the best so it should be easier to keep our stars. Two years ago we wouldn't offer more than 5 - 5.5m net, today we have two players at 7.5m net. We can spend much more now, we're way more attractive and we can finally back our ambitions up financially.

The cycle will come to an end, it's inevitable but ours still looks to be far from that. Even if we lose a scudetto or two it won't mean anything. What we desperately need is a CL title to make that final push in terms of prestige and financial growth.
the thing is... if we reinforce next summer even more.... theres no way we should lose a scudetto. I mean... if our current team is doing so well in italy... a better team with players like sanchez and verrati for example...should not lose the scudetto...that would be a major failure.

The only way i could accept that...would be for inter or napoli magically hitting a major jackpot and building a team like van basten´s unstoppable milan.-.... but otherwise we should keep winning

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Maybe a 442 with James and Mandzukic could work. James doesn't have the defensive ability of cuadrado though
I'd like, and I've been saying it for a long time, is that the formation should possibly evolve to a 4-3-2-1 if we get the right players like Tolisso and James. This way we can easily either play two supporting strikers or attacking midfielders behind Higuain or Mandzukic, or switch to a wider 4-3-3 with wingers in the midst of a game. James, Dybala, Cuadrado, Pjaca and to some extent Mandzu (also to some extent Kean, Clemenza and Orsolini from our youth) are very versatile players, that can either play out wide or cut inside with ease. If we take off one of our attackers for a physical B2B like Tolisso, we lessen the need of our wingers needing to push back as much.

A)-----------------------------B)-----------------------------------
Tolisso-Marchisio-Pjanic ----Khedira--NewMF--Sturaro----
---Dybala------James---- ---Cuadrado--------------Pjaca---
----------Higuain--------- --------------Mandzukic-----------

Lots of freedom for the supporting strikers, and if they're creative they can switch sides, overlap, go wide and switch position with the striker to confuse defenses. Think Higuains goal tally would increase aswell; two talented supporting players feeding him is how he scored crazy amounts of goals at Napoli too.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
mandzo is here to stay.
Hope he retires here

- - - Updated - - -

3 back to back trebles, the 2nd and 3rd he'll slap Sanchez to the bench and outperform him
Sanchez is like a smaller less impresive Mandzukic. He would regret coming here after 6 months and return to Arsenal crying

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
He/She does have a valid concern though..
Look at atletico, and dortmund for example..
And for every 1 Gigi, there's 1000 Salas out there, even Beppe will slip every now and then.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk
We're not Atletico or Dortmund, you fucking noob. You guys are completely ignoring the fact that we got world class players in every position.
@Bianconero_Aus - It has officially begun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)