Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (24 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
You can say that he's our weakest link, even though I don't agree with that, but he's 2x better than Tolisso. The Frenchman is a good player with a high ceiling but that's it for now.
Thats the funny thing here - People tend to underrate players and overrate others..
Khedira is a very good player - His annoying part is that he has an amazing off the ball movement but a very poor finish otherwise he would be our top scorer alongside Higuain...

- - - Updated - - -

give me De Sciglio, Spinazzola, Verratti, Bernardeschi and Balotelli, close mercato

ItalJuve :tuttosport:
De Sciglio would be a good sub Spinazzola would be nice Verratti would be awesome Bernardeschi will surprise us but Balotelli is a billion dollar player with a 2 cents brain - Pass...

give me Kolasinac, Schick, Verratti, Berardi and Belotti, close mercato

ChampionsJuve :tuttosport:
Kolasinac would be a good sub but he is going to Milan (probably).. Schick still undecided about him as he seems to have a good game in one youtube video but I havent seen him that good when I watched him play.. Verratti hell yeah, Berardi is going to Inter IMO and honestly I dont rate him as that great anyway.. Belotti has a nose for goal but if we go for a young talented expensive player I rather go for Mbappe

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
De Sciglio would be a good sub Spinazzola would be nice Verratti would be awesome Bernardeschi will surprise us but Balotelli is a billion dollar player with a 2 cents brain - Pass...
:disagree:

we need a backup for Higuain since Mandzo is a winger now and Balo has regained his form this season in France. he has tons of experience, Gigi likes him, and most importantly:

its bound to happen @Fr3sh :tuttosport:

DelPiero no10

Aug 19, 2013
Scoring,Strength,holding the ball under pressure, making great passes when pressured, off the ball movement... Just pick an attribute that is different from age and he is better... It doesnt mean Mbappe isnt good or isnt going to be better - He is still very very young and has a lot to improve
Would I want him here?! ofcourse but Higuain is currently the better player! no doubt about it!

Dybala also have a great future and amazing talent but Tevez tenure here showed that 2015 Tevez>Dybala (current one not sure about 2 years from now though...)

Ousame Dembele is probably the next big thing at LW but is he currently better than Robben?! I doubt it..

Anyway best for the future is definitely a trio of what you said as Mbappe is going to be huge while Sanchez is already huge and Dybala is growing
Scoirng- nope, Mbappe is genuinely lethal. Only reason Higuain has bigger numbers is because he's played more this season as they don't want to overwork the youngster in Monaco. Strength? Nope, Mbappe is one of the strongest forwards out there. holding the ball under pressure? Nope, Mbappe is significantly better than Higuain from a technical standpoint, add that to his strength he ain't losing the ball. Making great passes when pressured? nope, Higuain isn't much to talk about from a passing standpoint. Mbappe is actually quite creative. In fact, in terms of play under pressure Mbappe is in a different category to Higuain as he's the better footballer. Off the ball movement? nope, mbappe is a hell of a great mover which is unique for one so young. He moves every bit as well as Higuain or any other top striker.

A youngster can be better than a older star, surely you get that? those comparisons are to be looked at individually not with some umbrella view. Mbappe isnt some young player who people are going to have to wait to mature to be a great player, he already is one hence he's already performing at the highest level of the game. Rooney in 04 was better than the majority of the forwards in the world and he was 19, DelPiero was a star in our team in the mid 90's and one of the best players in the world. Teenage Ronaldo was the best player in the world, better than the Baggio's, Romario's and so on. You seem to have this thing of youngsters cant be better than the older star.

Mbappe has unrealistic pace, strength, skill and finishing. Add that to his great movement and finishing you're talking a special player. What he's doing this season is something that the higuain's of this world can only dream of. Mbappe is scoring a goal every 93 mins, better than our Higgy. On top of that he's doing so in some really key fixtures. His stamina is the only thing that isnt top drawer at this point in time.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Scoirng- nope, Mbappe is genuinely lethal. Only reason Higuain has bigger numbers is because he's played more this season as they don't want to overwork the youngster in Monaco. Strength? Nope, Mbappe is one of the strongest forwards out there. holding the ball under pressure? Nope, Mbappe is significantly better than Higuain from a technical standpoint, add that to his strength he ain't losing the ball. Making great passes when pressured? nope, Higuain isn't much to talk about from a passing standpoint. Mbappe is actually quite creative. In fact, in terms of play under pressure Mbappe is in a different category to Higuain as he's the better footballer. Off the ball movement? nope, mbappe is a hell of a great mover which is unique for one so young. He moves every bit as well as Higuain or any other top striker.

A youngster can be better than a older star, surely you get that? those comparisons are to be looked at individually not with some umbrella view. Mbappe isnt some young player who people are going to have to wait to mature to be a great player, he already is one hence he's already performing at the highest level of the game. Rooney in 04 was better than the majority of the forwards in the world and he was 19, DelPiero was a star in our team in the mid 90's and one of the best players in the world. Teenage Ronaldo was the best player in the world, better than the Baggio's, Romario's and so on. You seem to have this thing of youngsters cant be better than the older star.

Mbappe has unrealistic pace, strength, skill and finishing. Add that to his great movement and finishing you're talking a special player. What he's doing this season is something that the higuain's of this world can only dream of. Mbappe is scoring a goal every 93 mins, better than our Higgy. On top of that he's doing so in some really key fixtures. His stamina is the only thing that isnt top drawer at this point in time.
1. Bold part - You do realize that the team style is connected to it... Higuain at Napoli got 36 in 35 or something like that which is amazing in Serie A!
2. Young player can be better than older one and DP was better as young than most and so did Rooney BUT Mbappe is not currently better than Higuain - Higuain is surely the better player but Mbappe has everything to become a better player in the future!
Young players can be better than older but this is not the case here!
3. Some people tend to overrate and underrate players due to potential or currrent form - Higuain`s current form isnt the best but he is definitely one of the best in the world! Dybala is not the best yet but he definitely can be there one day!
4. I know you didnt say anything about it but just to clarify Marchisio isnt a god in midfield and Khedira isnt shit! The truth is that at this current formation the best duo we can have at the middle are Pjanic Khedira - Pjanic is sometimes a bit silent but he is an assist machine+an amazing FK taker! Marchisio is definitely great but he isnt the best to compliment Khedira or Pjanic therefore this duo are the best to start with!
Tolisso is great but if we get him it doesnt mean he will bench Khedira! they are different players at different age with different potential!

BTW - Just looked at his stats on whoscored and what have I found?! Holding on to the ball - weak and then I looked at Higuain and guess what I found?! Holding on to the ball - strong
At least you are objective...

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

You are making him look like Higuain is poop in comparison.
If he is this good he should be above prime CR7 level.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

we need a backup for Higuain since Mandzo is a winger now and Balo has regained his form this season in France. he has tons of experience, Gigi likes him, and most importantly:

The question has never been his ability as Im probably one of his biggest fans in here BUT the thing is that he is a cancer in the locker room, he does silly mistakes and even if he grew up a bit he still acts like a child!
Let me ask you this - How many red cards did he get this season - If the answer is more than 1 - I think you got the picture.. he is a forward he shouldnt get any red cards...
Did you see Higuain or Dybala get reds?! (ok Higuain did last season but it was a one time of foolish act not something that always happen...)
Update: Just checked and in 17 apps he got 3 reds (not even talking about yellows..) - Do you think we need a player who can leave us vulnerable like this?

P.S be sure we will get a forward/Winger - I dont expect Mandzukic to be a starter next season despite his great contribution

- - - Updated - - -

Ofcourse he is - He is the mighty Mbappe - Monaco are CL favorites because of him - Messi just called him after the game yesterday to get some advice on how to improve his game..

- - - Updated - - -

Ofcourse he is - He is the mighty Mbappe - Monaco are CL favorites because of him - Messi just called him after the game yesterday to get some advice on how to improve his game..

Dont get me wrong Id love us to get him but at the moment he just isnt as good as Higuain and its understandable given he is 18 and Higuain is 29... The fact that we are discussing it emphasize how much of a great talent he is and how great he will be!

- - - Updated - - -

Summer Mercato
Mandzukic out 50M
Lemina out 20M
Coman out Benatia

Vinicious Junior IN 35M
Mbappe IN 90M
Verratti IN 80M
Benatia IN Coman
205M-70= 135M and making a legend team (just dreaming...)

Liviu

Jan 10, 2015
First things first, we need 2 attacking players...1 winger and 1 striker or 2 wingers. Pjaca is out long and he needs much improvement and seeing how Lemina & Stururu are our backup wingers makes me wanna run over somebody. We have good / decent backups except for wingers. We need established players not talent that will be good in 3-5 years. Sell Asamoah, Stururu, Lemina, don't buy Benatia and add some quality.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
The question has never been his ability as Im probably one of his biggest fans in here BUT the thing is that he is a cancer in the locker room, he does silly mistakes and even if he grew up a bit he still acts like a child!
Let me ask you this - How many red cards did he get this season - If the answer is more than 1 - I think you got the picture.. he is a forward he shouldnt get any red cards...
Did you see Higuain or Dybala get reds?! (ok Higuain did last season but it was a one time of foolish act not something that always happen...)
Update: Just checked and in 17 apps he got 3 reds (not even talking about yellows..) - Do you think we need a player who can leave us vulnerable like this?

P.S be sure we will get a forward/Winger - I dont expect Mandzukic to be a starter next season despite his great contribution
another myth our great Gigi debunked

http://www.football-italia.net/95801/buffon-verratti-and-balotelli-italy

“I have met few lads as genuinely nice as Mario,” said Buffon of the OGC Nice striker.

“I get angry when I hear people speaking ill of him, because he is truly a guy with a heart of gold. He is generous, young and everyone loves him. He’s only 26 years old and can play for another 10 years.
- - - Updated - - -

also we will get another winger definitely, doesent mean Mandzukic will be benched by him

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
another myth our great Gigi debunked

http://www.football-italia.net/95801/buffon-verratti-and-balotelli-italy

- - - Updated - - -

also we will get another winger definitely, doesent mean Mandzukic will be benched by him
I surely hope he will bench Mandzukic as the purpose is to make a leap of quality not in quantity...

As for Balotelli - I know Gigi likes him but the truth is he has 3 red cards already this season and it supposed to be the new improved Balotelli...

DelPiero no10

Aug 19, 2013
1. Bold part - You do realize that the team style is connected to it... Higuain at Napoli got 36 in 35 or something like that which is amazing in Serie A!
2. Young player can be better than older one and DP was better as young than most and so did Rooney BUT Mbappe is not currently better than Higuain - Higuain is surely the better player but Mbappe has everything to become a better player in the future!
Young players can be better than older but this is not the case here!
3. Some people tend to overrate and underrate players due to potential or currrent form - Higuain`s current form isnt the best but he is definitely one of the best in the world! Dybala is not the best yet but he definitely can be there one day!
4. I know you didnt say anything about it but just to clarify Marchisio isnt a god in midfield and Khedira isnt $#@!! The truth is that at this current formation the best duo we can have at the middle are Pjanic Khedira - Pjanic is sometimes a bit silent but he is an assist machine+an amazing FK taker! Marchisio is definitely great but he isnt the best to compliment Khedira or Pjanic therefore this duo are the best to start with!
Tolisso is great but if we get him it doesnt mean he will bench Khedira! they are different players at different age with different potential!

BTW - Just looked at his stats on whoscored and what have I found?! Holding on to the ball - weak and then I looked at Higuain and guess what I found?! Holding on to the ball - strong
At least you are objective...
1. But having watched Higgy through his career, you know it was an anomaly rather than the norm. before that he wasnt doing that, and this season he still isnt doing that. Moreover, he hasnt done anything in the CL that suggests he's a bonafide hitman.

2. Obviously that's where we disagree.

3. Come on, we all know how good Higuain is and we all know his faults. He's been playing forever. Same as we know how prestigious a player Dybala is and how essential he could be to the future of the club. imo he's the best player currently playing in italy regardless of form. Reckon matches like yesterday further prove that point.
4. For what its worth i don't rate either Marchiso or khedira as midfielders playing with a controlling midfielder. Reckon we can and should be doing much better than either of them. Heck, khedira almost cost us a goal yesterday with his woeful ball handling ability. He then drove all the way through midfield, only to pass an opponent. He couldn't find his man half the time. I'm still at odds as to how a player as limited as he is has managed to carve out the career he has at the very highest level of the game. I've honestly never seen Davids put in a performance as inept as what we saw last night. Marchiso is better as a sitting midfielder, played in any other role he just gets lost out there. We've seen it happen many times before and im not looking forward to seeing him put on those performances again. Toliso isn't all that great, don't believe the hype. We should be doing better than either of them.

Watch him play and worry less about the weakness's and strengths part of whoscored. Tell anyone that's seen Mbappe play that his weekness is holding on to the ball and you're going to get a strange stare. I mean, whoscored reckons one of Mousa Dembele's biggest strengths is passing, by watching him play you know its one of his biggest weaknesses.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I surely hope he will bench Mandzukic as the purpose is to make a leap of quality not in quantity...

As for Balotelli - I know Gigi likes him but the truth is he has 3 red cards already this season and it supposed to be the new improved Balotelli...
did you see each of the red cards and what he got them for? how can you claim hes still a child if you dont follow his career probably since his 1st stint in Milan? also, if Mandzukic plays like he did yesterday, only few players in the world can bench him

DelPiero no10

Aug 19, 2013
Nope, he's just not as good as him at a lot of things. If for example, I asked you to compare post injury Ronaldo(when he was playing as a pure CF) Trezeguet, you would've concluded that the latter was worse than the former in almost every category, however no one would've said he's poop in comparison.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
The thing i have with Balo is not about his skills, but about his mentality, his frailty to be exact. Also there are some factor around him that could affect the whole team: racism.

I like Balo, his displays in the euro years ago were top.... but his career has been marked.

Lets first talk about his football. If you really want to use him as a replacement for mandzukic... it will not work. Balotelli has low levels of workload, because he likes to focus all his energy in attacking and letting the others do the defending. i dont know how he has been in Nice with this.. but for milan it was an issue because he doesnt like to run and press for the team, and when he does, he is overly aggresive.

He has all the physique to be a CF, but he doesnt like to be one because he "cant do headers" and is not interested in learning how to. Juventus is a team that sends crosses galore, so he will waste a lot of chances.

Then theres his mentality and offfield issues. Sadly we are living in a world where racism is still alive and kicking. People know he is very vulnerable to this and you can bet he will be targeted in tense games. This will inevitable take the focus from him and the attacks on him will also affect the mentality of the whole team because they will suffer this attack on his teammate too.
If his form is low (which happens a lot)..he will have it difficult to find the confidence needed to focus on what matters and not get depressed.

All that said, still theres a slight chance for him to suceed here. This team is like a brotherhood, guided by great champions onfield and offfield. Buffon who is the most charismatic leader, seems to have a good relationship with him...and in Juve he would feel supported by the whole enviroment and work in peace, just like Higuain says he feels working here. IN Juventus, players can focus on their football and not being dragged into affairs by stupid presidents or primadonnas onfield and get distracted.

If he would be on a a bosman or a cheap...is worth taking into account... but is very very risky. He would have to turn around all his past and practically be a new man. Thats tough.

DelPiero no10

Aug 19, 2013
Do me a favour, watch the Dortmund/Monaco tie today and note all those attributes you claim Higuain to be better at him at, and see if your opinion is the right one.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015

Not Pallo, locker room is our main streanghts, that's the key to play like a real team

- - - Updated - - -

BTW the only thing we need to ad r Sanchez and free Kolasinac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)