Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (38 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Marotta: 'No more Juventus buys'
By Football Italia staff

Beppe Marotta said Juventus won’t make any major buys after Benedikt Howedes, reassured Leonardo Spinazzola and said Lazio were “lucky” to get €35m for Keita Balde Diao.

“Sami Khedira has a small problem with his knee, but will certainly be available very soon,” the director general told Sky Sport Italia.

“I think Howedes is the final signing, as we are very happy with the squad at Allegri’s disposal, so do not expect any major moves in the final hours of the market.”

Kwadwo Asamoah is eager for a transfer to Galatasaray, but Marotta warned that is unlikely.

We have always said that if a player wants to be sold, we’ll try to make him happy. Unfortunately, this is not possible because the offer came late in the market and we don’t have the chance to replace him. I am sure when the window closes, Asamoah will focus and get back to being the great player he always has been.”

Asamoah would’ve been allowed to leave had they got Spinazzola, but Atalanta refused to cut the two-year loan deal short.

“Spinazzola loves football, he loves the Juventus academy where he grew up, and wants to achieve the dream of wearing the Bianconeri jersey as a protagonist. This isn’t possible right now because we have an agreement with Atalanta and he will have a future at Juventus, but we do realise he is upset.”

Alejandro 'Papu’ Gomez posted a message on Instagram regarding someone who had betrayed his faith.

“We did note Gomez’s comments on social media and want to remind him that being a captain requires certain characteristics and responsibilities that he should learn to adopt. He ought to copy Gigi Buffon’s example on how to be a captain,” added Marotta.

Papu Gomez did later remove the Instagram messages, posting a new one insisting there was no reference to Spinazzola and he was talking about someone else in his private life who had lost his confidence.

Keita Balde Diao joined Monaco for €30m plus bonuses, whereas Juventus had offered at most €15m.

“Keita was a great opportunity on the market, but Lazio and their President have a certain strategy and were quite lucky to get the transfer completed for such a consistent sum.

“Patrik Schick was also an opportunity, but not a necessity.”
Of all the players who want to leave over the years, this is the one we turn down :lol:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Krychowiak said that he received offers from Italy and Spain but he chose WBA. Meh.

In the same article they mention Milan and Juve, although it's not his words, just gussing. The only known fact is that there were offers from Italy.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #20,257
    Krychowiak said that he received offers from Italy and Spain but he chose WBA. Meh.

In the same article they mention Milan and Juve, although it's not his words, just gussing. The only known fact is that there were offers from Italy.
    wtf happened to this guy? Seemed promising and then it all went downhill last year.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    wtf happened to this guy? Seemed promising and then it all went downhill last year.
    Hmm. I don't know. I actually loved how he played for Poland, he was absolutely amazing. I think this has everything to do with PSG as with their money I believe many players will fade away and get destroyed in the process and sadly he's just one of them.

I don't know if he'll fit in PL but I wouldn't mind having him here at all. We usually give the chance of revival here and imo we'd totally bring out the best from him. Sad thing is that we don't kinda need him at this point. We do need a mid but imo not his characteristics. Had we not signed Matuidi it would make sense.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Marotta: 'Juve watching Emre Can'
    By Football Italia staff

Juventus director general Beppe Marotta confirms they will “watch” the Emre Can situation if he doesn’t renew with Liverpool.

The Germany international has a contract due to expire in June 2018.

“Emre Can is an excellent player, I don’t know if he will renew with Liverpool, but we’ll stay on the sidelines and watch,” Marotta told Calciomercato.com.

The Bianconeri had already hinted they were ready to start negotiations in January, as Can will be a free agent next summer.

@Mark :numnum:

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #20,260
    Hmm. I don't know. I actually loved how he played for Poland, he was absolutely amazing. I think this has everything to do with PSG as with their money I believe many players will fade away and get destroyed in the process and sadly he's just one of them.

I don't know if he'll fit in PL but I wouldn't mind having him here at all. We usually give the chance of revival here and imo we'd totally bring out the best from him. Sad thing is that we don't kinda need him at this point. We do need a mid but imo not his characteristics. Had we not signed Matuidi it would make sense.
    and he goes to WBA. Something wrong here. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Marotta: 'Juve watching Emre Can'
    By Football Italia staff

Juventus director general Beppe Marotta confirms they will “watch” the Emre Can situation if he doesn’t renew with Liverpool.

The Germany international has a contract due to expire in June 2018.

“Emre Can is an excellent player, I don’t know if he will renew with Liverpool, but we’ll stay on the sidelines and watch,” Marotta told Calciomercato.com.

The Bianconeri had already hinted they were ready to start negotiations in January, as Can will be a free agent next summer.

@Mark :numnum:
    :klin:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)