Summer Mercato season 2024-25 (69 Viewers)

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
We need MIDFIELDERS ffs

So I guess we’ll do what we seem to do every season since losing Vidal/Pogba/Pjanic etc….spend lavishly on luxury players in other areas of the squad that were already covered in…and then do last-minute patchwork shit to the most important area of the team. As per.
The main problem is with the way our club is purchasing we will probably still need a midfielder even if we get one.

We need a midfielder - Season 1 solution - Zakaria is a freebie.

We need a midfielder - Season 2 solution - There is someone relatively unknown with a ridiculous option fee lets get him..

We need a midfielder - Season 3 solution - Im afraid to see another one of these or even worse letting someone like Rabiot go and replace him with another player who offers nothing extra.

I might dislike the Koop for 50M or 60M thing but at least Koop has something that the others dont. His decision making is phenomenal - In this sense he reminds me of Lautaro.
These types are likely to play well in most games though they still need help from others.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
The main problem is with the way our club is purchasing we will probably still need a midfielder even if we get one.

We need a midfielder - Season 1 solution - Zakaria is a freebie.

We need a midfielder - Season 2 solution - There is someone relatively unknown with a ridiculous option fee lets get him..

We need a midfielder - Season 3 solution - Im afraid to see another one of these or even worse letting someone like Rabiot go and replace him with another player who offers nothing extra.

I might dislike the Koop for 50M or 60M thing but at least Koop has something that the others dont. His decision making is phenomenal - In this sense he reminds me of Lautaro.
These types are likely to play well in most games though they still need help from others.
Totally forgot about Zakaria. How's he doing at Monaco? In any case he's a defensive boi. We need somebody with an engine who can run hard all game, make tackles, spray passes and run with the ball. Unless Zak is the prophesied one who can free Locatelli? In the unlikely that Zak wants to stay he can replace Rabiot.

Imo better Ferguson than Koop. Motta knows what he needs and who he wants for his system, and Fergie is a vidal-type. Plus a leader, plus he's 24 so we don't have to wait and see what he'll grow into, plus he'll be cheaper than alternatives. In any case I say we basically ask Motta who he wants and get them for him. Without proper direction Giuntoli has signed a bunch of proppa stinkers.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Totally forgot about Zakaria. How's he doing at Monaco? In any case he's a defensive boi. We need somebody with an engine who can run hard all game, make tackles, spray passes and run with the ball. Unless Zak is the prophesied one who can free Locatelli? In the unlikely that Zak wants to stay he can replace Rabiot.

Imo better Ferguson than Koop. Motta knows what he needs and who he wants for his system, and Fergie is a vidal-type. Plus a leader, plus he's 24 so we don't have to wait and see what he'll grow into, plus he'll be cheaper than alternatives. In any case I say we basically ask Motta who he wants and get them for him. Without proper direction Giuntoli has signed a bunch of proppa stinkers.
The only player he has signed so far is Djalo.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
His hand in Weah was an open secret, and the distinction between a signing and a loan for Alcatraz is not the point. These were the three people he's brought in so far and none of them have been any good, is the point I'm making. We're still waiting for our Kvaratskhelia.
Is it because of the Lille Connection are you attributing Guintoli hand in Weah transfer?

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Is it because of the Lille Connection are you attributing Guintoli hand in Weah transfer?
Listen dude first and foremost I have no idea what I'm saying.

I recall that Giuntoli was a done deal which could not legally be announced. Then we decided to sign a young, interesting cheap player. It looked a lot like his type of move in the transfer market. All while he was obviously twiddling his fingers at Napoli with the season over, and was almost definitely already working for Juventus but legally couldn't admit that.

Apr 17, 2013
I don't think Zirkzee is what we need.
We need to look for a proper winger
Agree, like all big teams, we need wingers to create danger, a guy like Sane would be perfect.

But we also need a guy like zirzee, who would have the same role as dybala, a link between our attack and our poor impotent midfield, unable to create something

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

I wouldnt call him the Vidal type but he is decent.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012

I recall that Giuntoli was a done deal which could not legally be announced. Then we decided to sign a young, interesting cheap player. It looked a lot like his type of move in the transfer market. All while he was obviously twiddling his fingers at Napoli with the season over, and was almost definitely already working for Juventus but legally couldn't admit that.
Do you think ADL was still paying the bills when Giuntoli was making those international calls to France or it was Elkann already?

Robee

Jun 21, 2011

Ofc not...

DutchJuventino

Apr 9, 2015
Maybe it sounds weird, but we can try to buy Tijani Noslin from Hellas Verona. He played well in Fortuna Sittard and made easily the step to Hellas. For 5m euros he can be a good back-up player who can play as a striker and winger. Nothing huge, but just a low risk player with pace and the quality to dribble past a enemy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 15, Guests: 48)