Summer Mercato season 2023-24 (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
It's not what people want to hear and it's not easy to look at but it's what's needed. Why buy anybody for Max? Better to sit because with the talent level and wages in the squad and no European football midweek, we should challenge for the league title. There's no other way around it. We have the talent (even with the other clubs buying, they sold), we have a less congested schedule. B

Woj gone 2024, Sandro gone 2024, Rugani gone 2024, Rabiot gone 2024, Bonucci gone now, Zakaria sold. It's a steady process but we got ourselves in this financial problem and it will take time to shed all of the contracts/wages of Paratici that severely hamper us financially. We must become stable as a club financially.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
It's like being in a school detention whilst everyone else is outside having fun

- - - Updated - - -

It's not what people want to hear and it's not easy to look at but it's what's needed. Why buy anybody for Max? Better to sit because with the talent level and wages in the squad and no European football midweek, we should challenge for the league title. There's no other way around it. We have the talent (even with the other clubs buying, they sold), we have a less congested schedule. B

Woj gone 2024, Sandro gone 2024, Rugani gone 2024, Rabiot gone 2024, Bonucci gone now, Zakaria sold. It's a steady process but we got ourselves in this financial problem and it will take time to shed all of the contracts/wages of Paratici that severely hamper us financially. We must become stable as a club financially.
thing is we're renewing Woj, Rugani, possibly Rabiot already...

Sandro is so staying as long as max is here.

Jul 15, 2006
Look at this list of all the ins and outs for the whole league, like majority of the league did ALOT of transfers, each team, and here we are, huge list of outs, but a single transfer of in with Weah, plus 3 loanees returned (Cambiasso, Hans, Mckennie). Its a friggin joke :andy2:

It's the compounding effect of multiple mercatos by Paratici and Cherubini. There is no UCL income and there were considerable fines on top of that. There were no funds for transfers

Knowah

Jan 28, 2013
thing is we're renewing Woj, Rugani, possibly Rabiot already...

Sandro is so staying as long as max is here.
I don't see any of this at all imo

- Woj is basically guaranteed to be gone. Hence us trying to shop his this summer and getting no offers. Only way I see us extending him is where we spread his wages out for another year in which case we take a guaranteed 10m wages and instead of it all being this year we do 5m this year and 5m next. Horrible, I would say rip the bandaid off and just eat all the losses now but it's not my money. Easy to talk big with somebody else's millions.
- Rugani was gone when we tried to take his wages and extend him for next year at half (so instead of 3.5m for 2023-2024, 1.75 for 23-24 and 1.75 for 24-25) and he refused. That type of extension is only valuable at the beginning of the summer. Once Winter window comes around, we're already halfway through eating his salary and taking it on the chin.
- Rabiot not getting more than 1 year seems like a stopgap for us (midfield being our strongest position) and a prayer for him to show another great season and get a big contract from the EPL in the Winter window.
- Sandro is gone next year, it's basicaly 100%. The auto-renewal of games was dumb but that doesn't exist for next year. And management won't rubberstamp this dude getting another deal regardless of the wages.

And Allegri could very well be gone after this year ( we hope) so why would anybody think Sandro gets kept by management. They didn't fire Allegri because eating his contract would cost too much. So why would you extend and/or sign his favorites knowing you're just waiting for time on the clock to run down? Hence us not buying big for him and hence us not extending his guys.

- - - Updated - - -

I think if anything this summer mercato is a clear sign management is waiting on Allegri's contract to end or be one year left (easier to swallow just sacking him at 10m than 20m) and also saying:

"Look, we've got the biggest wage bill and no European fixtures. Do your best. Your best should be us challenging for the Scudetto. We're not buying for you big and we're not giving you a new project."

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Woj and Rugani's possible extensions are primarily to spread their wages out. Rugani doesnt even play, I dont see an issue with having him on the roster for more years if it means lower wages. He's low maintenance. Tek probably has a couple good seasons left, the main issue with him has always been his wages. Have not heard anything about a Rabiot extension but he's either gonna price himself out of Turin or just walk if he has a shit season.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I don't see any of this at all imo

- Woj is basically guaranteed to be gone. Hence us trying to shop his this summer and getting no offers. Only way I see us extending him is where we spread his wages out for another year in which case we take a guaranteed 10m wages and instead of it all being this year we do 5m this year and 5m next. Horrible, I would say rip the bandaid off and just eat all the losses now but it's not my money. Easy to talk big with somebody else's millions.
- Rugani was gone when we tried to take his wages and extend him for next year at half (so instead of 3.5m for 2023-2024, 1.75 for 23-24 and 1.75 for 24-25) and he refused. That type of extension is only valuable at the beginning of the summer. Once Winter window comes around, we're already halfway through eating his salary and taking it on the chin.
- Rabiot not getting more than 1 year seems like a stopgap for us (midfield being our strongest position) and a prayer for him to show another great season and get a big contract from the EPL in the Winter window.
- Sandro is gone next year, it's basicaly 100%. The auto-renewal of games was dumb but that doesn't exist for next year. And management won't rubberstamp this dude getting another deal regardless of the wages.

And Allegri could very well be gone after this year ( we hope) so why would anybody think Sandro gets kept by management. They didn't fire Allegri because eating his contract would cost too much. So why would you extend and/or sign his favorites knowing you're just waiting for time on the clock to run down? Hence us not buying big for him and hence us not extending his guys.
I'm just going by the latest reports about Woj, Rugani and Rabiot, they seem to be next on the renewal hit list after the recent renewals of Yildiz amongst others

Knowah

Jan 28, 2013
Woj and Rugani's possible extensions are primarily to spread their wages out. Rugani doesnt even play, I dont see an issue with having him on the roster for more years if it means lower wages. He's low maintenance. Tek probably has a couple good seasons left, the main issue with him has always been his wages. Have not heard anything about a Rabiot extension but he's either gonna price himself out of Turin or just walk if he has a shit season.
Exactly, those extensions are basic math.

Woj: 10m for 23-24 or 5m 23-24 and 5m 24-25. One of them we get hit hard now, one of them we lessen our losses by 5m this year while in a bad financial spot.
Rugani: 3.5-4m for 23-24 or 1.75-2m for 23-24 and 1.75-2m for 24-25.

Those are the "extensions" they were offered.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just going by the latest reports about Woj, Rugani and Rabiot, they seem to be next on the renewal hit list after the recent renewals of Yildiz amongst others
Right, and those reports make it clear the idea behind those extensions are taking AWFUL contracts and spreading them out. Not giving them brand new 4m a year wages (Rugani) for another 3 years.

https://cultofcalcio.com/juventus-weigh-prolonging-contracts-of-two-veterans/

Knowah

Jan 28, 2013
Rugani 3.5m, Woj 6.5m for 23-24 and 24-25. So extending them, keeping the total the same and just spread that same total number out over more years.

Like taken Woj for example. Hard pill to swallow to loan him out on 6.5m wages for most clubs in Europe.

HOWEVER

If you take his 2 years left at 6.5m (13m total) and make it three years at 4.33m or four years at 3.25m now suddenly another club taking that wage on in a loan becomes much easier. Yes, it keeps these bums around longer but it also makes the losses THIS year much less. That's the goal. We're in a horrible fucking spot bleeding fucking money THIS year.

- - - Updated - - -

Rugani, same thought. Name another club in Italy that can take this dude at 3.5m wages?

But if we extend him and spread 3.5m out over 2 years instead of 1 or three years we're suddenly talking about 1.75m or 1m wages. Much easier pill to swallow for a midlevel Serie A club or French club (his level) or even Bundesliga club. Relieves so much short-term financial pressure.

Knowah

Jan 28, 2013
It fucking sucks but these are the levels you go to try and put a bandaid on a ship bleeding money where 95% of the squad is being paid starter level wages compared to the rest of the league.

For a long fucking time now, it has been obvious that to be financially feasible you need to have 7-9 players making starter wages and SHOULD NEVER have somebody on your bench making 3m or 4m wages. Except maybe your backup striker or CB. The bench and rotation should be youth on easy wages. We've done the opposite.

We've paid EVERYBODY insane wages, even the backend of our bench and now the wagebill is choking us to death. So we're looking desperately for ways to reliever 5-10m in the bill this year even if it means we get 3 more years of Woj instead of 2 or 2 more years of Rugani instead of 1.

It's crazy because even in the EPL you don't see the 17th or 18th player on the squad making 3m or 4m wages like here. We fell into this trap because we couldn't sell, we got scared of losing players for free so everybody got extensions (even Rugani) and we had nobody who could put the brakes on the spending.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
It fucking sucks but these are the levels you go to try and put a bandaid on a ship bleeding money where 95% of the squad is being paid starter level wages compared to the rest of the league.

For a long fucking time now, it has been obvious that to be financially feasible you need to have 7-9 players making starter wages and SHOULD NEVER have somebody on your bench making 3m or 4m wages. Except maybe your backup striker or CB. The bench and rotation should be youth on easy wages. We've done the opposite.

We've paid EVERYBODY insane wages, even the backend of our bench and now the wagebill is choking us to death. So we're looking desperately for ways to reliever 5-10m in the bill this year even if it means we get 3 more years of Woj instead of 2 or 2 more years of Rugani instead of 1.

It's crazy because even in the EPL you don't see the 17th or 18th player on the squad making 3m or 4m wages like here. We fell into this trap because we couldn't sell, we got scared of losing players for free so everybody got extensions (even Rugani) and we had nobody who could put the brakes on the spending.
Still paying for (primarily) Ticis mistakes in 2023. Masterclass. Where is he now anyway is he suspended? Should be launched into the sun instead.

Knowah

Jan 28, 2013
Still paying for (primarily) Ticis mistakes in 2023. Masterclass. Where is he now anyway is he suspended? Should be launched into the sun instead.
Paratici being unable to sell and also scared of losing players for free while adding players every summer is a recipe for disaster.

Again, even the richest league in the world doesn't have clubs being so financially irresponsible. Nobody stopped him and said "no more bosmans or buys until sales." Nobody said "Don't extend that guy, we have too much wages already." And Paratici had no vision so every transfer window we were doing something completely new. We fire Allegri and get Sarri and give Sarri one year before firing him. Then we hire Pirlo and give him one year before firing him. Then back to Allegri. Each mistake isn't in a silo, it is compounded on top of old mistakes and makes the new mistake even worse and more costly.

And as much as I loved him as a player, Nedved sat there and didn't say shit like a bitch. Nobody in the office said shit to this recklessness and it has damned this club to a banter era when it was OBVIOUS from a mile (kilometer) away.

Knowah

Jan 28, 2013
if only beppe the king was still here. he would have undo tici mistakes by bringing gems like arnautovic, alexis sanchez, klaassen, sommer, acerbi and cuadrado in one mercato.
To be fair to Inter, they reloaded with some real good pieces.

Thuram, Pavard, Asllani, Bisseck, Frattesi are all young (Pavard is 27 so youngish) and could be very promising.

But you didn't name those ones and I wonder why. I see you, king.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
To be fair to Inter, they reloaded with some real good pieces.

Thuram, Pavard, Asllani, Bisseck, Frattesi are all young (Pavard is 27 so youngish) and could be very promising.

But you didn't name those ones and I wonder why. I see you, king.
Frattesi is who I wanted for the midfield, but in hindsight that was just wishful thinking considering the finances.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
if only beppe the king was still here. he would have undo tici mistakes by bringing gems like arnautovic, alexis sanchez, klaassen, sommer, acerbi and cuadrado in one mercato.
you think you are funny but then u realize under marotta "cheap" deals his teams have won 8 league titles (7 with juve 1 inter) 6 coppas (4 juve and 2 inter) 5 super coppas (3 juve and 2 inter) and reached 3 CL finals (2 juve and 1 inter) and 1 EL final with inter

so you are wrong about him and have always been wrong because his results speak for themselves. he knows how to build team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)