Summer mercato 2021-22 (19 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
I am okay with selling Demiral. The positive feeling I had for him to improve to something great was due to his spell in Portugal. Now I have major doubts because of his fitness issues and him playing with terrible Turkish defenders will rub onto him eventually.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Injuries are definitely a concern with him, but the issue at Juve is that he has to come in and excel whenever he plays. He hasn't done that, he makes rash decisions and tbh he scares me at times. These are things a defender irons out and improves with experience, and he's years away from his peak years in his position, but the issue remains that for Juve the learning curve is steep and period of adaptation shorter than it would be at some of the other clubs he gets linked to, such as Dortmund. At Dortmund he might get 35 games a season and be allowed to fuck up 4 or 5 times, but the expected level of Juve defenders is so high that he won't be given the same chances. De Ligt would and did because he was 19 and we paid €75m for him, he's a generational defender.

I would keep Demiral, but he basically has this season and if there is no improvement and continuity from him then the club will start looking elsewhere. I think they are well aware that Chiellini does not have time on his side, and that Rugani is also no answer. Do we give Dragusin his minutes? I can't see it.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I think too much is made of Demiral's injuries over the past year. It always takes a season to get back up to speed after a knee injury and minor injuries are common, especially given that he didn't have a preseason. If he had another season picking up injuries like that I would be more concerned.

He is incredibly raw but he has shown how good he can be. He forced his way into the team before his knee injury ahead of De Ligt based on some very good performances.

He makes me nervous at times and has a lot to learn but I think it is shortsighted to sell him now, especially after what has happened with Romero. Plus selling off the back of an underwhelming Euros and season seems like poor timing. Unless we are completely unconvinced in him and this is the best offer we will ever get (e.g. passing up on selling Rugani) it makes more sense to let him develop more.

2 of our 3 defenders are old, the other has had shoulder problems. It is risky to get rid of another, especially when the other options are Rugani and Dragusin, who seems to make fairly big errors every match I see him.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
if Allegri plans to use a three man backline at times then selling Demiral makes sense as there’s enough cover with Danilo and Sandro as options at RCB/LCB. But if we’re going strictly with a four man backline then that means Rugani (and maybe Dragusin) is one injury away from being the primary backup. A is more likely though as Allegri has shown in the past to being adaptable tactically.

And it‘ll help fund Locatelli, so I’m all in.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
We are forced to sell an 'asset' like Demiral because we're incapable of selling garbage players like Bernardeschi, Rugani or De Sciglio.

We need to generate cash somewhere and Demiral is probably among our most disposable 'asset' even though I'd like him to remain.
So much this.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
His confidence in his ability and ambition is what got him this far. Now he had major fail in the Euros, after a year when he conceded a penalty in Juve CL elimination game. If he doesn't get to play and is 4th choice it's over for him.
Good for Juve if he can be convinced to be backup, but I doubt he'll ever be a starter for a top club if he goes that route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)