Summer mercato 2021-22 (80 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Its easier to count the top teams that would have a worse attack... I am struggling to find any. Not Bayern not Dortmund not Spurs not Liverpool not Barca not Chelsea not Inter not ATM.

City has an army of top level midfielders. They dont have freaking Rabiot behind the attack and Caudrado on the wings.

How did we go from debating whether Suarez is good enough to freaking Kramaric and Vlahovic. Are we back in 2010? These are Matri Vucinic level players. Morata would give them a run for their money.

- - - Updated - - -

Ronaldo is gauranteed bags of goals no matter who you put behind him. Remove him and all we are left with is mediocrity upfront. If Pogba was a guarantee hit like Ronaldo, then yes exchanging a top level striker on massive salary with a younger cheaper player in midfield makes sense. But Pogba is as unreliable as Morata and Dybala.

Exchanging the one player we know will deliver with one of the biggest disappointments in Man United history in the hopes that we can revive his career is playing with fire.

Midfield needs strengthening yes but not at the expense of Ronaldo. Unless you have a top level replacement lined up for him too.
You didnt understand what Im saying.
Im saying take team goals vs team goals and not forward vs forward.
Example:
Should we score 80 goals a season with Ronaldo we would improve the overall team goals by strengthening the midfield. Forward case - you are correct but its a team`s game so overall we win..

As for rating Pogba Morata and Dybala:
Pogba is up to debate I guess as he did very well here and then isnt really living up to expectations at Man Utd. We do know his potential from his days with us though..
Morata - I think he did well this season - its one of his best seasons and he played under a wannabe coach.. He would do better with a better team and coach. I can definitely see him being of use here.
Dybala - He is the real question here - He won the MVP last season and then was average under Pirlo.
If he becomes Sarri`s Dybala - He is more than reliable. If we get the old Dybala - he would do ok but we should improve on that. If he becomes as inconsistent as he was last year with Pirlo - Send him away immediately.

Regarding Dybala I guess the old Dybala is the most probable scenario but I wouldnt rule out back to MVP form.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
You didnt understand what Im saying.
Im saying take team goals vs team goals and not forward vs forward.
Example:
Should we score 80 goals a season with Ronaldo we would improve the overall team goals by strengthening the midfield. Forward case - you are correct but its a team`s game so overall we win..

As for rating Pogba Morata and Dybala:
Pogba is up to debate I guess as he did very well here and then isnt really living up to expectations at Man Utd. We do know his potential from his days with us though..
Morata - I think he did well this season - its one of his best seasons and he played under a wannabe coach.. He would do better with a better team and coach. I can definitely see him being of use here.
Dybala - He is the real question here - He won the MVP last season and then was average under Pirlo.
If he becomes Sarri`s Dybala - He is more than reliable. If we get the old Dybala - he would do ok but we should improve on that. If he becomes as inconsistent as he was last year with Pirlo - Send him away immediately.

Regarding Dybala I guess the old Dybala is the most probable scenario but I wouldnt rule out back to MVP form.
I understand your point. Its contingent on actually getting a midfielder that can transform the rest of the players and Pogba is unlikely to be that guy. We'd need a Bruno Fernandes kind of guy that transforms those around him. We havent had a midfielder like that since Pirlo himself and they are generally very rare. Odds are we'd end up with a substantially weakened attack and a slightly better midfield.

I am for keeping the attack as is for one more season. Push the Ronaldo replacement puzzle to next season. This way we know we have a lethal attack and if Allegri can revive Dybala then we will be in even greater shape. Invest in the midfield in players with potential. Note that Allegri may be able to get more out of Betancur, Arthur, Kulu & Rabiot than Pirlo did. Maybe add one more promising player to the mix or sell one and buy one. And then buy an additional promising CB.

We dont need a big overhaul to win Serie A and pass the CL group stage (assuming we will even participate) now that we have a good coach. Ronaldo staying doesnt just mean our attack remains lethal, but also means the world will tune in to watch Juve. No Ronaldo = No attack and no star power. Our status would instantly diminish.

Apr 29, 2006
Griezman is a good player, but I cannot stand his personality. Anyway isn't he Dybala's replacement?

I have a feeling that France would win the Euros and the demand for those players would go sky-high. They have the most complete team on paper.

We are stuck with CR7. Probably trying to extend his contract on a lower salary and the player is given some time to have an answer. Probably after the Euros. We have an option for Morata and Atletico don't need him either. 9's are fixed for next year, but 10's are more interesting. Dybala imho is the key to our transfer strategy.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Look at us, shopping all around Europe looking for loans and discount deals and yet some people wanted us to pay €12M net for Dollarumma on top of massive commission fees to his agent.

I'm so glad Tici is not in charge of this club anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 72)