Summer mercato 2021-22 (94 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
He's said numerous times over the last few weeks that he was happy with the squad, even when Ronaldo was sold. Could be just that - he's happy with the squad. No one listened.

Cherubini said they may well sign no one this summer. No one listened. It wasn't quite that but very little work was done, just Locatelli and then having to react to the Ronaldo situation. The other work was moving pieces around. I think it's obvious to anyone that this summer was one of austerity, but is that really a surprise?

No, I'm not defending anyone, but I do wonder what was really expected given the above. Personally I expected very little. Did others think we were going to spend €150m fixing the entire squad? Maybe €60m or €70m down getting a couple more players? There was absolutely no evidence to suggest that was going to happen, not on the balance sheet or from leaders at the club. So what we really should be discussing is whether they have done well with the money they've spent, which is about breaking even on the ins and outs and reducing the wage bill.
I think all the signings have been shrewd and well done given the circumstances. A part of me hopes we are saving it all for next year in hope that we get money from full stadiums etc this year. I'm happy with Kean and Loca. A lot will come down to what Max can do. We could well be battling to get into the top 4 or have a great season once we get things going. Everyone wanted youngsters well here it is. Elkann said it's time for a rejuvenation of the squad and to get younger, that's exactly what's happened. We need our young players to step up now.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Player by player we might be one of the best in the league but when it comes to a unit, we are one of the most dysfunctional.
I don’t think we are THE strongest even by player comparison. Chiesa and Cuadrado are the best in their positions, and De Ligt is great, but the rest are not even second best in their positions.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I don’t think we are THE strongest even by player comparison. Chiesa and Cuadrado are the best in their positions, and De Ligt is great, but the rest are not even second best in their positions.
Players should be rated by what they output on the field for extended amount of time, on paper rating doesn't mean anything, its all conjecture.

And we might have one of the biggest gathering of mental weaklings on a player by player basis

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I agree, I said one of the best. We are by far better than Empoli player by player for example but they function (or at least did) better as a unit.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
So many players are underperforming either because of form or because of zero tactics from Pirlo days. Unless we win the league and go deep in the CL, we're not attractive for the WC players. The squad is sufficient for domestic glory.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Players should be rated by what they output on the field for extended amount of time, on paper rating doesn't mean anything, its all conjecture.

And we might have one of the biggest gathering of mental weaklings on a player by player basis
Agreed. But we’ve seen likes of Bonucci, Rabiot, Bentancur, Alex Sandro, Morata, and even Dybala long enough to know what to expect. I hope Max surprises us but that will be, well, a surprise.

- - - Updated - - -

I got a new transfer notification, re-loaned M. Palumbo from Udine.
Great, more of those mediocre Italien CDMs, more, more, moaaaaar!!!
Of all things to bitch about you choose to dunk on a youth player?

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Talks in progress for Saul Niguez to Chelsea from Atletico Madrid on loan with option to buy. Blues have already agreed personal terms with Julian kounde and have offered €55M to Sevilla , which ask still the payment of the release clause(Nico schira)

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Remember that CL qualification clause we tried so hard to insert into Locatelli deal? I always thought we’re scared of UEFA and open litigation but that has a whole new meaning now.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Can you guys start with the Halaand / Mbappe Formations for next season please?
Mbappe is Real`s so I doubt we would even try to lure him away.
Halaand will definitely be of our interest but obviously he will go somewhere else

Vlahovic - This is the one we could actually get. I see a Chiesa kind of deal next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 67)