Summer mercato 2021-22 (62 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Locatelli is going to break our bank, cripple our transfer power, add nothing to this team and undermine our future.
We know AA, we know its bound to happen, thats his trademark work,
but lets talk life after this stroke,
how are we going to survive it, what are the next steps? Will we finally make a sale?
Will we finally adress any of our crucial issues, ( starter Cam, starter wing back, a reliable CB to replace Bonucci, etc)
will we even try with more stop gags, like we do every year, or not even try that this year?

Last edited:

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
Locatelli is going to break our bank, cripple our transfer power, add nothing to this team and undermine our future. We know AA, we know its bound to happen, thats his trsdemark work, but lets talk life after this stroke, how are we going to survive it, what are the next steps? Will we finally make a sale?
Will we finally adress and of our crucial isuues, even with more stop gags?

Your post about Chiesa

Worst transfer of decade.
We had bad transfers before, but this one easily takes the cake as he is a player that we don't need.
Since we don't have decent transfer manager's, it's understandable if a player we get for a role we need flops, like it happened with almost every player we got last year.
But this was not even needed and came at the expense of players that would offer us solutions on positions that we truly hurt, like the LB for example.
Although this a Berna deal all over again and to me it was always clear that Berna will never reach Juve material. At least when we got him, we actually needed one such player, Chiesa comes for all the wrong reasons and the capital invested on him will cripple our future and prevent us from getting the players we trully need.

It hasn't been so bad for us since the return from serie B, too bad we never learn...

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Your post about Chiesa
It remains my stance to all mediocre DMs and SSs we buy only because they are Italians.
Most of the times they flop and we are just wasting money and wages, this is the rule, Chiesa is the sole exception.
But eventhough he is, he still is a SS, meaning that he plays instead of Dybala, whats thhe point of paying dybala, kulu, berna and buy Chiesa on the top of it, when you have to turn Quads into a defender to field a team?
Our target priority still sux and thats the main issue.
Under Max we knew it so well that we had creativity issues, upgrading from rabiot or benta to loca, if it happens again to be a good lottery, will again leave us without fullbacks and again with Ramsey and berna as our sole CAM options...
So yes, from that perspective, i still believe it was a mistake to take chiesa over SMS

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
It remains my stance to all mediocre DMs and SSs we buy only because they are Italians.
Most of the times they flop and we are just wasting money and wages, this is the rule, Chiesa is the sole exception.
But eventhough he is, he still is a SS, meaning that he plays instead of Dybala, whats thhe point of paying dybala, kulu, berna and buy Chiesa on the top of it, when you have to turn Quads into a defender to field a team?
Our target priority still sux and thats the main issue.
Under Max we knew it so well that we had creativity issues, upgrading from rabiot or benta to loca, if it happens again to be a good lottery, will again leave us without fullbacks and again with Ramsey and berna as our sole CAM options...
So yes, from that perspective, i still believe it was a mistake to take chiesa over SMS
Can we stop talking about a player who has no intentions of leaving his team?
It wasnt SMS vs Chiesa - It was Chiesa vs spending the money in another way.
Did we need a CM more than a winger? Yes, but we did need a winger as well.
Now we have Chiesa and Kulu who are both very young and very talented and they can play together.

Getting Chiesa equals to getting MDL - We needed to strengthen the position and both are prospects you should not skip on.
Now its time for a midfielder and Locatelli does seem like a smart purchase.
The only thing Im worried about is that we dont have a creative midfielder but the market just started so who knows..

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
You really double downing on that post?
And not only just that post, for a decade now i am against on spending each and every year most of our budget on more DMs and SSs and never buy new wingbacks, CAMs and finishers.
With CR7 and Morata, we dont have to worry about finishers atm, but next year we will.
However, ever since Vidal and Pogbs were sold, we lost all creativity in our central midfield and the link between midfield line with the forwards is not there.
We just defend and try to bite on counterattacks from the flanks, with quick wingers or long lobs. We dont have an attacking plan and our wingers mostly relied on Cuads strodes, this can only go that far in CL, against higher competition. They just shut down Cuads and thats it. We ought to present a multidimensional front, that would include the center of our midfield.
That could come with a CAM, or a very creative or attacking CM like Pogbs.
We had Pjanic ad even at his prime, he never compensated for the lack of creativity upfront, hewas the link between defense and mid line, but still our offense was unlinked and could never outscore CL competitive teams.
We know that our budget is limited, we know that a new Arthur, mckennie, Rabbiot, Can, Locawhatever, will come at the expense of replacing cripple Ramsey and joker Berna with a starter CAM and our problem there will persist and so it did for more than freaking decade and still fail to fix it!!

So yes, untill we do, i stand by thar. For once in a decade, i would like to see our budget spend on a different spot, we have 6 DMs and only a half L B, cant even bare to comment on CAM...
And here we are again spending our entire budget on a new DM, like that was our main issue, or like that wasnt where we ve spent our budget earlier...

- - - Updated - - -

Can we stop talking about a player who has no intentions of leaving his team?
It wasnt SMS vs Chiesa - It was Chiesa vs spending the money in another way.
Did we need a CM more than a winger? Yes, but we did need a winger as well.
Now we have Chiesa and Kulu who are both very young and very talented and they can play together.

Getting Chiesa equals to getting MDL - We needed to strengthen the position and both are prospects you should not skip on.
Now its time for a midfielder and Locatelli does seem like a smart purchase.
The only thing Im worried about is that we dont have a creative midfielder but the market just started so who knows..
The point is that if we dint get chiesa and got a CAM instead, we could field a different formation.
At any case, if we had a windback instead, cuads could play at his normal position, kulu could have more playing time there, maybe dybs too. We had options, but we never really had options for a CAM and many times we had to make huge compromises because we lacked wingbacks. This onky happened because we prioritised getting chiesa and sub kulu and dybs, over getting a starter CAM or a starter wingback with that cash.

That was my problem with chiesa then, as it is now with and new DM or SS we might get. I dont mind them coming as opportunity targets that might improve our team, i mind them coming at the expense of players we actually need more!!!

If each and every year for decades we spend all our budget on new DMs and SSs, some of them are bound to be better than the last ones. But if we dont buy any CAMs whatsover, we certainly wont see any improvement there!

We have Cristiano freaking Ronaldo, Morata too, they can be lethal scoring machines, what they lack is someone better than Berna and Ramsey to feed them the ball, instead of fixing that, improving like 2% over Benta, Bigmac, Arturito and Rabbiot with Loca is NOT a priority! And the problem is that he comes at the expense of that and this keep happening for a decade now!!

Last edited:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
And not only just that post, for a decade now i am against on spending each and every year most of our budget on more DMs and SSs and never buy new wingbacks, CAMs and finishers.
With CR7 and Morata, we dont have to worry about finishers atm, but next year we will.
However, ever since Vidal and Pogbs were sold, we lost all creativity in our central midfield and the link between midfield line with the forwards is not there.
We just defend and try to bite on counterattacks from the flanks, with quick wingers or long lobs. We dont have an attacking plan and our wingers mostly relied on Cuads strodes, this can only go that far in CL, against higher competition. They just shut down Cuads and thats it. We ought to present a multidimensional front, that would include the center of our midfield.
That could come with a CAM, or a very creative or attacking CM like Pogbs.
We had Pjanic ad even at his prime, he never compensated for the lack of creativity upfront, hewas the link between defense and mid line, but still our offense was unlinked and could never outscore CL competitive teams.
We know that our budget is limited, we know that a new Arthur, mckennie, Rabbiot, Can, Locawhatever, will come at the expense of replacing cripple Ramsey and joker Berna with a starter CAM and our problem there will persist and so it did for more than freaking decade and still fail to fix it!!

So yes, untill we do, i stand by thar. For once in a decade, i would like to see our budget spend on a different spot, we have 6 DMs and only a half L B, cant even bare to comment on CAM...
And here we are again spending our entire budget on a new DM, like that was our main issue, or like that wasnt where we ve spent our budget earlier...

- - - Updated - - -

The point is that if we dint get chiesa and got a CAM instead, we could field a different formation.
At any case, if we had a windback instead, cuads could play at his normal position, kulu could have more playing time there, maybe dybs too. We had options, but we never really had options for a CAM and many times we had to make huge compromises because we lacked wingbacks. This onky happened because we prioritised getting chiesa and sub kulu and dybs, over getting a starter CAM or a starter wingback with that cash.

That was my problem with chiesa then, as it is now with and new DM or SS we might get. I dont mind them coming as opportunity targets that might improve our team, i mind them coming at the expense of players we actually need more!!!

If each and every year for decades we spend all our budget on new DMs and SSs, some of them are bound to be better than the last ones. But if we dont buy any CAMs whatsover, we certainly wont see any improvement there!

We have Cristiano freaking Ronaldo, Morata too, they can be lethal scoring machines, what they lack is someone better than Berna and Ramsey to feed them the ball, instead of fixing that, improving like 2% over Benta, Bigmac, Arturito and Rabbiot with Loca is NOT a priority! And the problem is that he comes at the expense of that and this keep happening for a decade now!!
So who should we get? SMS is not available while Pogba is very costly and L.A seems to have his heart on Milan...

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
Locatelli is going to break our bank, cripple our transfer power, add nothing to this team and undermine our future. We know AA, we know its bound to happen, thats his trsdemark work, but lets talk life after this stroke, how are we going to survive it, what are the next steps? Will we finally make a sale?
I think if he plays instead of Benta he will be an upgrade ...

Loca and Mckinne for the mid ....

Chiesa Kulu Dybala and CR7

play 4231 and we are good to go ...

I want creative mid but not affordable and currently we wont slah high salaries like before

1251alex

Dec 13, 2011
Do you actually ever get tired of being a clown bro? Serious question. History has proven you wrong time and time again.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Don’t ask him that. He can only tell you players he doesn’t want (all players we are linked to)
His understanding of football is far too limited
But he will be right for 80% of it and for the 20% when he wrong he suggest another diversion for something unprovable (Chiesa vs SMS)
In my view it is always better to take the hard prediction and hold on to that hard, at least you have your point. Like bunch of the CR7 fanboi here :dule:

And my point is Locatelli will be a massive improvement that Allegri need as he will bring “Enthusiasm, readiness to work and make us playing football”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 50)