Status
Not open for further replies.
OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6,461
    If we didn’t have Arthur, Fagioli in the system, and strongly linked to buying Locatelli… I’d say we should go for him, he has a lot of promise.

But would be a very strange purchase if we also purchase Locatelli.

- - - Updated - - -

Worried now we giving up on Locatelli and signing Tonali instead :scared:

@Mark help
    halma

Buy on AliExpress.com

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014

this would explain Juves lack of urgency.

Pjanic could be the backup regista. I’m not against it, especially if Barca picks up part of the tab. I don’t like Arthur in that role and Bentancur is a disaster there as well.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    If we didn’t have Arthur, Fagioli in the system, and strongly linked to buying Locatelli… I’d say we should go for him, he has a lot of promise.

But would be a very strange purchase if we also purchase Locatelli.

- - - Updated - - -

Worried now we giving up on Locatelli and signing Tonali instead :scared:

@Mark help
    cuadrado de ligt Bonucci sandro
    pjanic
    Tonali Locatelli
    Dybala Chiesa
    Ronaldo

singus

Sep 22, 2020
    Bring in Gosens, Romero and Locatelli please, for a start. Those will make us 10 times better in dominating a game and are realistic targets.

Im happy to get rid of:
    - Chiellini / Bon (just need one of them for bench)
    - Sandro
    - Demiral (if any decent offers)
    - Ramsey
    - Rabiot/Arthur (if good offers)
    - Bentancur
    - Bernadeschi (pay someone to take him)
    - Ronaldo (too expensive and we must rebuild our team)
    - Dybala (unreliable and still with high market value)

Other players I wouldnt mind us getting:
    - Zapata / Muriel (very good last few seasons with great output and should be affordable)
    - Verratti (if any opportunity)
    - Pogba / SMS
    - Spina

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
    I guess some time soon, in near future, the club would be capable of nurturing a talented and promising youngster, preparing him and promoting him to the first team and slowly integrating him to occupy a place in the starting 11 like all the other top clubs are doing, but now it seems close to impossible.

So with that being said the next best option is to use those youngsters in deals that would get us an instant upgrades and starters that we so desperately need NOW.

Either loan with options/obligations or permanent sales, whatever works for both teams to make a deal, with only one non-negotiable demand from Juve - inserting a buy-back clause! A Romero situation is a terrible piece of business and makes us look like amateurs, that should be the lesson a top club like ours didn't need to learn the hard way but hey, everyone makes mistakes, let's hope that's like a healthy loss and we never do it again... Oh, wait...

Anyway, fine with sending youngsters away to get more playing time that would never find here and also used as bargaining chips, if some of them actually improves and look ready for a big club then pay the money for the buy-back clause and bring them back...

Give Sass Dragusin and/or Fagioli if they want it in Locatelli deal, use the reported strong interest from Atalanta for Demiral and try to exchange it for Romero, agree to pay a portion of Merihs salary if needed, trick Fiorentina into accepting Rugani and some money for Milenkovic, see if they have some interest in any of our younger players that we don't need or won't use to include in a Vlahovic deal...

In a perfect world try to convince Arthur that he sucks at a top club and would be a star in a Lazio level team, ship him and Berna to Rome in exchange for Sergej, whatever...

singus

Sep 22, 2020
    I feel a player like Romero would make a huge difference for all our play. Having 2 CBs with balls and brains, to lay a solid foundation and for confidently build our play from the back and out. Many of the most dominating teams had gifted CBs who can stand on their own and can distribute the ball fast and accurately and move the play forward.
    The last couple of years we have used this ridiculous regista thing that steps down next to the 2 CBs to do the passes out to our full backs and occasionally a bit forward if we are lucky. Basically having 3 players occupying the same little area and thus finding it hard to find available players and passing lanes ahead. This we have done as Chiellini and Bonucci lack the security, discipline, confidence and football knowledge WITH the ball. You might say that Bonucci is a brilliant passer, but Im not talking about rare throughballs/crosses here, but safe and swift passing and distribution of play. Add some better midfielders (Locatelli alone would go a long way) and we will have a solid core.

Jun 16, 2020
    I feel a player like Romero would make a huge difference for all our play. Having 2 CBs with balls and brains, to lay a solid foundation and for confidently build our play from the back and out. Many of the most dominating teams had gifted CBs who can stand on their own and can distribute the ball fast and accurately and move the play forward.
    The last couple of years we have used this ridiculous regista thing that steps down next to the 2 CBs to do the passes out to our full backs and occasionally a bit forward if we are lucky. Basically having 3 players occupying the same little area and thus finding it hard to find available players and passing lanes ahead. This we have done as Chiellini and Bonucci lack the security, discipline, confidence and football knowledge WITH the ball. You might say that Bonucci is a brilliant passer, but Im not talking about rare throughballs/crosses here, but safe and swift passing and distribution of play. Add some better midfielders (Locatelli alone would go a long way) and we will have a solid core.
    Romero is gone

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 137)