Summer mercato 2021-22 (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Show me the Pirlo stats before I show you the Kulu stats

Or straight swap but we need a middle man

I don’t trust you
Looking for distance stats. Didn't find, lol. But I can remember Marchisio, Pirlo and Lichtsteiner always being right up there.

- - - Updated - - -

did hakan convince you then? with what?

calhanoglu's shots are good, he's got slightly better defending potential (he was decent at it in leverkusen, shit at milan, but it can be a tactical choice as he plays higher on the pitch usuall), otherwise i think de paul is arguably the better player. much better vision, better runs forward, better workrate, more useful in the box, similarly good passing, more physical, and he can actually dribble, unlike most cm's. hakan is also too soft for my liking. i saw de paul live a couple of years ago vs juve, he was going for the duels. gonna check this later, i bet he's got much better duel success rate than hakan, and that's something our mids are completely shit in.

cost wise, hard to beat calhanoglu on a bosman though. de paul on a 5-year contract, 30m transfer, 3,5m net wages would cost 3-3,5m more than calhanoglu on a free transfer & 5m net. i hope agnelli won't let tici sign hakan before the end of june, and the new sports director will go for de paul instead, despite the slightly higher overall cost.
Yeah, we have more than enough pussies. We need more bastards. But Calha is idd obviously a financial transfer.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...But Calha is idd obviously a financial transfer.
i know mate, but enough of those. we see how they work out. pellegrini, ramsey, rabiot and arthur look like some of the worst signings of the last decade, and danilo's first season was bad enough too.

@il brutto
- calhanoglu duels: 3.6/match (success rate: 47%), dribbles 1.1/match (success rate: 62%), fouled 1.3 times/match
- de paul: duels 8.3 (60%), dribbles 3.4 (67%), fouled 3.6

de paul's duels :oops2: just for the sake of comparison:
- rabiot 4.8 (59%)
- bentancur 4.8 (54%)
- barella 4.9 (53%)
- locatelli 6.2 (56%)
- zielinski 3.5 (56%)
- sergej 7.5 (48%)
- kessié 5.1 (53%)

even more impressive than i expected. de paul loses the ball the most times in the league though (22.4/match, hakan 15,4, still an easy top15)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
i know mate, but enough of those. we see how they work out. pellegrini, ramsey, rabiot and arthur look like some of the worst signings of the last decade, and danilo's first season was bad enough too.

@il brutto
- calhanoglu duels: 3.6/match (success rate: 47%), dribbles 1.1/match (success rate: 62%), fouled 1.3 times/match

- rabiot 4.8 (59%)
- bentancur 4.8 (54%)
- barella 4.9 (53%)
- locatelli 6.2 (56%)
- zielinski 3.5 (56%)
- sergej 7.5 (48%)
- kessié 5.1 (53%)

even more impressive than i expected. de paul loses the ball the most times in the league though (22.4/match, hakan 15,4, still an easy top15)
Yeah give me Rodri the italian/argentine. Him and Chiesa on the right will be :diculo:

Boksic

May 11, 2005

@il brutto

- rabiot 4.8 (59%)
- bentancur 4.8 (54%)
- barella 4.9 (53%)
- locatelli 6.2 (56%)
- zielinski 3.5 (56%)
- sergej 7.5 (48%)
- kessié 5.1 (53%)

I think it makes sense that De Paul would have a far higher number of duels than all of the above, he is playing for a weaker team who will defend more.The 60% is impressive though. I'm surprised that Barella has such a low % success rate and Rabiot so high. I suppose it shows that stats in isolation mean little.

I like De Paul but he really plays with a lot of freedom to do what he wants at Udinese, almost like Papu at Atalanta but not as explosive. I'm not sure I'd want him to have as much here. His success at a bigger club will likely depend on whether he could adapt to a stricter role.

Jun 6, 2015
Simply looking at what he does objectively is better. Mandzu ran up and down 3-4 times at full speed... Haven't ever ever seen Kulu do that.
Yes I've seen both players play in basically all the games they've played for Juve and on top of that I've looked at the actually objective stats show that what you're claiming is simply not true.

Jun 6, 2015
did hakan convince you then? with what?

calhanoglu's shots are good, he's got slightly better defending potential (he was decent at it in leverkusen, shit at milan, but it can be a tactical choice as he plays higher on the pitch usuall), otherwise i think de paul is arguably the better player. much better vision, better runs forward, better workrate, more useful in the box, similarly good passing, more physical, and he can actually dribble, unlike most cm's. hakan is also too soft for my liking. i saw de paul live a couple of years ago vs juve, he was going for the duels. gonna check this later, i bet he's got much better duel success rate than hakan, and that's something our mids are completely shit in.

cost wise, hard to beat calhanoglu on a bosman though. de paul on a 5-year contract, 30m transfer, 3,5m net wages would cost 3-3,5m more than calhanoglu on a free transfer & 5m net. i hope agnelli won't let tici sign hakan before the end of june, and the new sports director will go for de paul instead, despite the slightly higher overall cost.
I already mentioned the reason why I've been impressed by Hakan in an earlier post. Also as I mentioned it's very possible that I've simply had bad luck and have chosen the wrong games to watch De Paul. I'm aware that statistically he looks very strong. I'm not against either player and would happily have either of them here. I'm usually not big on making definite judgment on players before I've seen them play week in week out anyways.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
What if we can't afford Gosens?
And this Lodi dude seems like a more natural fit at LB than Gosens.
I was hoping that by signing Hakan on free transfer we are saving money for a left back signing as we have hardly any attacking threat from the left and yes Gosens plays as a wingback but we need to take the gamble

Jun 6, 2015
Maybe because they don't show it for Serie A (maybe, don't know). The only time I remember seeing those stats is CL matches, and Pirlo (and Pjanic too) used to be at the top usually
Lega Serie A site has a match report for every game where they list the top 5 players for distance covered from both teams.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I was hoping that by signing Hakan on free transfer we are saving money for a left back signing as we have hardly any attacking threat from the left and yes Gosens plays as a wingback but we need to take the gamble
If we can get rid of Bentancur with this swap and a get a young fullback in return who can actually defend, then sign me up for it.

We don't have too much cash, that's the problem. Who can we swap with Atalanta for Gosens? The least paid players at Juve earn more than Atalanta's highest paid players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)