Summer mercato 2021-22 (80 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Pirlo deserves criticism but to pin it all on him is...convenient.

Who was responsible for supplying Pirlo with a midfield of Ramsey, Rabiot, and Bentancur when it’s been obvious for years that the midfield wasn’t good enough? The big addition was...McKennie??

Who was responsible for NOT supplying Pirlo another 9, especially after he specifically mentioned the need for one?

Who ignored giving Sandro any sort of competition when it’s been obvious for years he hasn’t been the same?

I mean come on, those are issues on all three levels of the pitch.
It's not convenient, its simple facts. Nobody has answered how Paratici is responsible for the 12 points lost to Benevento, torino, crotone, fiorentina??? It's as if Pirlo is accountable for nothing that happens on the pitch but Paratici is somehow :howler: I think some of you are just too emotionally attached because it's Pirlo a club legend.

Wait wait wait... Wasn't it Pirlo who approved Mckennie's signing, well he's delivering right?

Did you forget Arthur? wasn't it the people of tuz who were crying out for his name whilst he was injured?

So we didn't spend 15 mill on signing the #9 Pirlo wanted in Dzeko? Has Morata been that much worse this season? As a matter of fact the majority on this forum not only didn't want Dzeko for the money discussed but they preferred Morata! So not only was Paratici being criticised for chasing Dzeko but now you're criticising him for not delivering Dzeko? What is it to be?

and that was all whilst everyone is financially hit hard by covid and Chelsea were the only club that actually spent money last summer, given the circumstances I still maintain that he did an exceptional job to start the rejuvenation process which is part of his remit right? did he make the team better than last season? I'd say so yes, there for its still competitive enough to challenge for the league.

Who ignored giving Sandro competition? Sandro's form has nothing to do with 'lack' of competition, he's hardly had competition since he joined Juve, infact Evra being about the only competition he's ever had till now! wasn't too long ago de sciglio was his 'competition' and we all know how shit he is! Right now I'd start Danilo at LB over him and he's been regarded as one of the players of the season!

If we had a proper manager and still competing in the league I guarantee hardly anyone would be throwing their toys out the pram and not backtracking on their original opinions.

Last edited:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Fagioli at 20 is "too young" in italy

Bellingham is 17
Foden is 19
Pedri is 18

Aaron Ramsey and Danilo were getting minutes in midfield. time to give our talent a chance, no?
It's a real shame people forget that De Ligt and Kulusevski are 21 and 20 respectively.

Inter don't even have a single player of the age of 21 or under that regularly plays

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
It's not convenient, its simple facts. Nobody has answered how Paratici is responsible for the 12 points lost to Benevento, torino, crotone, fiorentina??? It's as if Pirlo is accountable for nothing that happens on the pitch but Paratici is somehow :howler: I think some of you are just too emotionally attached because it's Pirlo a club legend.

Wait wait wait... Wasn't it Pirlo who approved Mckennie's signing, well he's delivering right?

Did you forget Arthur? wasn't it the people of tuz who were crying out for his name whilst he was injured?

So we didn't spend 15 mill on signing the #9 Pirlo wanted in Dzeko? Has Morata been that much worse this season? As a matter of fact the majority on this forum not only didn't want Dzeko for the money discussed but they preferred Morata! So not only was Paratici being criticised for chasing Dzeko but now you're criticising him for not delivering Dzeko? What is it to be?

and that was all whilst everyone is financially hit hard by covid and Chelsea were the only club that actually spent money last summer, given the circumstances I still maintain that he did an exceptional job to start the rejuvenation process which is part of his remit right? did he make the team better than last season? I'd say so yes, there for its still competitive enough to challenge for the league.

Who ignored giving Sandro competition? Sandro's form has nothing to do with 'lack' of competition, he's hardly had competition since he joined Juve, infact Evra being about the only competition he's ever had till now! wasn't too long ago de sciglio was his 'competition' and we all know how shit he is! Right now I'd start Danilo at LB over him and he's been regarded as one of the players of the season!

If we had a proper manager and still competing in the league I guarantee hardly anyone would be throwing their toys out the pram and not backtracking on their original opinions.
1. I was pro Dzeko. But it wasn’t just Dzeko, Pirlo was asking for a 9 in the winter and Tici couldn’t even deliver a backup like Scamacca.

2. Sandro had competition his name was Spinazzola, did you forget him? I said it at the time that Spinazzola looked better than him, especially going forward. Then Tici thought it would be a great idea to plusvalenza him for a guy that isn’t even good enough to start for a secondary club like Genoa. Never got anyone else either.

3. As for Arthur, that was just a swap for Pjanic, so I didn’t list him. He wasn’t what the team needed either as he was never a regista before in his life. People crying for him while he was out was more so about the rest of the midfielders being so bad than Arthur being so good.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
1. I was pro Dzeko. But it wasn’t just Dzeko, Pirlo was asking for a 9 in the winter and Tici couldn’t even deliver a backup like Scamacca.

2. Sandro had competition his name was Spinazzola, did you forget him? I said it at the time that Spinazzola looked better than him, especially going forward. Then Tici thought it would be a great idea to plusvalenza him for a guy that isn’t even good enough to start for a secondary club like Genoa. Never got anyone else either.

3. As for Arthur, that was just a swap for Pjanic, so I didn’t list him. He wasn’t what the team needed either as he was never a regista before in his life. People crying for him while he was out was more so about the rest of the midfielders being so bad than Arthur being so good.
1) Sassuolo were asking for over 20 mill for scamacca no loan with or without option to buy. Firstly do you think thats worth the gamble? Because again many were against that idea too. How many other viable #9 were around in January? Mandzukic has done nothing for milan and just as well we saved ourselves money on not bringing him back.

2) spinazzola is injury prone, he was never going to be regular competition. Infact he's injured as we speak.

3) Nobody who has ever really watched Arthur at gremio or barca would think hes a regista, but pjanic wasn't really one either, Not every midfield has to comprise of a regista.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Arthur is best at mezzala but playmaker role. Alla Xavi.
Maybe if he transfers to Bosnian League he would be like a Xavi there. In Serie A hes like a 40yo Montolivo

- - - Updated - - -

No it doesn't work like that. You based your rating of the mercato based on improvements made to the squad right? Paratici cannot be held accountable for tactical ineptude of a rookie manager. Any half decent manager would be competing with the league with this team, that's not opinion, that's sheer statistical facts which state that the majority of the inbound players have done better in terms of output i.e. goals and assists than those who left the club. Don't even try and justify otherwise. Paratici is not responsible for us dropping 12 points to Benevento x2, torino, crotone and fiorentina right?
Wait, so we go from comfortably winning the league last year, and you say this year we'd be competing for the league with a proper coach, and you say that's improvement?

Last edited:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I honestly agree that, in a 3 man mid, he's probably better as one of the other two CMs rather than a regista but does he have the legs to do it in a team that gives the ball as easily as ours and has CR7 in the team? That requires a lot of running from the CMs.
CR is not a problem if you use him correctly

X X X
X CR X
That said, Arthur still has no place there, I'd put him in charge of throwing the water bottles at our players when thirsty but he lacks speed and aim for that. So he can collect players shirts and jackets after subs

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
CR is not a problem if you use him correctly

X X X
X CR X
That said, Arthur still has no place there, I'd put him in charge of throwing the water bottles at our players when thirsty but he lacks speed and aim for that. So he can collect players shirts and jackets after subs
throwing water bottles and passing out jackets? Gonna be tough on the arms. He might get tired.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
yeah, emerson is only bench material, but he's much more expensive than that.

i'd pass on him for anything over 15m, and would only buy him when we'd already have a proper starter level lb secured.
That's the negative side of having to make a plusvalenza in a rush. We got fucked on Arthur's price and salary as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 63)