Summer mercato 2021-22 poll (1 Viewer)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
A player that misses about half of the games is not worth it imho. And then finding some form takes another few weeks... I'm done with these injury prone guys. We have enough of them already. I'd say we need stability. But everyone's taste, I guess ;)

Jun 16, 2020
A player that misses about half of the games is not worth it imho. And then finding some form takes another few weeks... I'm done with these injury prone guys. We have enough of them already. I'd say we need stability. But everyone's taste, I guess ;)
So sad tho. Would’ve easily been the best back of his generation.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Not so "of course" to me...

Screenshot_20210903-155753.jpg
Those numbers look scary but in fact it's not that bad.

He actually played 2800 minutes for Roma last season. That's like Morata for us who was 8th when it comes to most minutes played here. It's 1000 minutes less than the top most played and it's not a small number but defo not a huge issue as you can rely on him for majority of the matches. I also disagree about the part when you say he needs weeks to find back his form. He was always one of the better players for Roma and he was outstanding for Italy, he literally rapped left side on the last tournament for NT.

It's nothing but a shame we lost him. He's literally five times the player compared to Sandro who choked for years.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Ah sorry I should’ve said Italian generation
Easily then :D

- - - Updated - - -

He actually played 2800 minutes for Roma last season. That's like Morata for us who was 8th when it comes to most minutes played here. It's 1000 minutes less than the top most played and it's not a small number but defo not a huge issue as you can rely on him for majority of the matches. I also disagree about the part when you say he needs weeks to find back his form. He was always one of the better players for Roma and he was outstanding for Italy, he literally rapped left side on the last tournament for NT.

It's nothing but a shame we lost him. He's literally five times the player compared to Sandro who choked for years.
Yeah, that was actually the season in which he played the most besides his debut season in Serie A; 2100 minutes in Serie A. But the year before that only 1500, then not even 600, then only 1500 again... Those are not huge contributions. And now he's already out until november.

At juve that would've been 9th, 14th, dead last and 14th again last season.

Last edited:

Juliano13

May 6, 2012

We didn't lose him. Paratici gave him away in order to cook the books and record some plusvalenza. He needed to do it to make the Ronaldo deal possible. Just one of the many examples of how that masterful deal crippled us for years.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
We didn't lose him. Paratici gave him away in order to cook the books and record some plusvalenza. He needed to do it to make the Ronaldo deal possible. Just one of the many examples of how that masterful deal crippled us for years.
Rovella is another example - 18m on our books plus high bonuses, which is crippling us now, but in reality we sold Portanova to Genoa for 10m, who was worth 2m max at that time. so basically Rovella real cost was around 10m, yet we choose to raise it on the books to cover budget.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Yap.. and if we are lucky - He and Arthur might complete a full season between them..

- - - Updated - - -

4-2-3-1 is the solution. Locatelli and let the rest fight for a spot, Danilo/Arthur/Rabiot someone could step up. In the offensiv we have alot of alternatives. Many of our players can play different positions upfront so Allegri needs to find the right mix.
I dont believe in - "This is the right formation"
I think its more about the attitude and characteristics of the players.

We need to be better in attack but also not neglect our defensive aspect of the game.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Rovella is another example - 18m on our books plus high bonuses, which is crippling us now, but in reality we sold Portanova to Genoa for 10m, who was worth 2m max at that time. so basically Rovella real cost was around 10m, yet we choose to raise it on the books to cover budget.
Rovella is having a great start to the season. I like the kid his style and want him to succeed so badly. That would solve so many issues for us...

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
I suggest supporting fiorentina then
I'd actually be happy for couple UCL spot securing league positions back to back years while giving the time to the players we want to develop. We are the dynasty, we had sick run of consecutive league success and couple UCL finals with the certain core, that is slowly dwindling away so we need new core. It's not certainly giving up the league, but it's down to players to step up and if the success comes, then it comes instead of hiring zip ties in Ramsey and Pjanic to fix the couple holes in our squad.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I'd actually be happy for couple UCL spot securing league positions back to back years while giving the time to the players we want to develop. We are the dynasty, we had sick run of consecutive league success and couple UCL finals with the certain core, that is slowly dwindling away so we need new core. It's not certainly giving up the league, but it's down to players to step up and if the success comes, then it comes instead of hiring zip ties in Ramsey and Pjanic to fix the couple holes in our squad.
We can assess what we are happy with after the fact. But starting every season we play to win, i personally don't see any sense playing in serie a if we don't play to win it.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
We can assess what we are happy with after the fact. But starting every season we play to win, i personally don't see any sense playing in serie a if we don't play to win it.
Of course we want to win it, but when you have these certain players being certain age, that can still perform it's kind of hard to tell them to get out, because we're bringing new players. Then time will come when we're going to suddenly lose 4-5 starting positions on same season or two and we're going to have trouble to adapt. It happens to every team that keeps their core players when they're getting over 30 year olds. Their re-sale value drops while they still perform and taking the minutes of from the future. You cannot fix it in one summer unless you were not emotionally invested and told these Buffon's, Chiellini's, Bonucci's, Cuadrado's etc. that it's time for a new club. If Chiellini/bonucci play alongside De Ligt and we want instant starter straight away, it takes money. If we want a starter alongside De Ligt by not investing money bunch of money, we need time. Knowing that we ain't RM, Barca, PSG, City etc, we don't have the money to spend 400m in season or two. Those clubs can tell their legends to find a new club in a harsh way, because they can replace them with the money.

You cannot do it all. I'd rather take couple steps back, to take 5 forward instead taking one step forward or stay in the line, to have a massive fall at some point.

ilmetronome

Sep 16, 2020
you forget elia petrelli cost 8M to genoa. So basically it's stright swap
the only different is the bonus. For rovella the bonus was up to 20M, while for petrelli and portanova the bonus was up to 10M (combine). so it can be 20M bonus differences if petrelli and portanova turn shit and rovella turn good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)