Summer mercato 2015 (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drizzy

Apr 26, 2015
Can someone please tell me what is so special about cavani?? Besides bitchin about playing time, misplacing 5m passes, and not being able to finish from 10 yards out??

Drizzy

Apr 26, 2015
I'm being serious... every game psg have played where it was just Cavani up top with no ibra he was compleatly useless, hes already going to be 29 and is a very 1 dimensional player.. not worth it at all. Just get dybala and bring back berardi

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I'm being serious... every game psg have played where it was just Cavani up top with no ibra he was compleatly useless, hes already going to be 29 and is a very 1 dimensional player.. not worth it at all. Just get dybala and bring back berardi
Just curious. Why we HAVE to get dybala so much but Cavani is not worth it?. Have something to back that claim=?

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
The problem with Cavani is his huuuuge cost and no resale value.

he'll cost stg like 14M gross in salaries per season (5M + 2/3 bonus net) + say 3 installments of 15M.

We're talking about nearly 30M a year for a player who is 28..

Also he plays Morata's position and IMO Morata will become the best of the world at his position in a few years.

Take that Cavani money and sign 2 good fullbacks ffs.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
My dream team

Buffon - Darmian, Barzagli, Bonucci, Kurzawa - Marchisio, Vidal, Pogba - Dybala - Tevez, Morata

bench: Neto - Litch, Rugani, Chiellini, Evra - Allan, Sturaro, Asamoah - Pereyra - Berardi, Zaza

In:
Darmian 20M
Kurzawa 15M
Dybala 30M
Neto free
Rugani back from loan
Pereyra 14M
Allan 15M
Berardi 7M
Zaza 12M

Total spent: 113M

Out:
Llorente 12M
Ogbonna 7M
Caceres 10M
Pirlo 3M
Pepe Matri Romulo Marrone free
Coman loan

Total received: 32M

Money thrown at mercato: 80M

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

he'll cost stg like 14M gross in salaries per season (5M + 2/3 bonus net) + say 3 installments of 15M.

Also he plays Morata's position and IMO Morata will become the best of the world at his position in a few years.

Forget about resale , pay for the final product and win. This will be the only chance to have hmi with Tevez. A guaranteed supreme striking force.

Morata alone is not enought as he is right now...and "in a couple years" (of Morata development) we will most likely dont have Tevez and Pogba. So better tru to use our current team to its fullest before it gets renewed/changed

Yes Cavani is 29 and Morata is like 15 in comparison... but Cavani will guarantee us a lot of goals. If we can have them both even better..as one or the other is not enought to carry us because they cant play everygame

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

This is how team's win. They sign guaranteed stars.

Morata may or may not become world class. I'm one of his biggest fans, but he's still very inconsistent.

The lack of resale value is only an argument for selling clubs. Clubs like Bayern, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea, ManU, PSG, etc don't think about resale value when buying a player in his prime. Especially a top class CF. If resale value is our worry, then we will be forever buying 20-24 year olds with potential, hoping they turn out for the best.

Barca bought 27 year old Suarez for 85 mil. A 27 year old with a crazy history of long-term suspensions. But one of the best players in the world. It's likely, he'll be worth very little 3+ years later in his 30s.

Cavani isn't Suarez level, but he's a top 10 CF in the game, easy, probably top 5 when in form like right now. Paying 40-50 mil for him would be fantastic business, if we get 3 years of him banging in 25-35 goals a season in all comps.

Morata may never get there. Dybala may never get there.

The problem is that we don't have the money to do this, which is why we are currently more of a Dortmund, Atletico, Arsenal style club. Signing young players, hoping they turn out well. So far, we've been very good at identifying talent and also very lucky. The vast majority have turned out well. But if we want to cement our status as a top 5 club in the world long-term, and sustain European success, eventually we have to be hoping we grow in economic power to the point where we can afford 40-60mil attackers, in their prime (25-29 years old) attackers who will have little resale value 4-5 years down the road. Players like Cavani, Sanchez, Aguero, etc. Ideally, you sign in the younger part of that bracket, 25-26... but the younger players that are established already as world class cost far more, as you get more years out of them, or can sell them at 28-29 for a good amount still.

Cavani would be ideal if we had the funds. Ideal.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
My dream team

Buffon - Darmian, Barzagli, Bonucci, Kurzawa - Marchisio, Vidal, Pogba - Dybala - Tevez, Morata

bench: Neto - Litch, Rugani, Chiellini, Evra - Allan, Sturaro, Asamoah - Pereyra - Berardi, Zaza

In:
Darmian 20M
Kurzawa 15M
Dybala 30M
Neto free
Rugani back from loan
Pereyra 14M
Allan 15M
Berardi 7M
Zaza 12M

Total spent: 113M

Out:
Llorente 12M
Ogbonna 7M
Caceres 10M
Pirlo 3M
Pepe Matri Romulo Marrone free
Coman loan

Total received: 32M

Money thrown at mercato: 80M
Pirlo is out of contract, pal. That's zero resale value. And you can not let go of Caceres. You 'just' can't.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I can't believe people are doubting Cavani :sergio: The man is a machine. Cavani fits Juve perfectly just like Tevez did. Imagine Cavani next to Tevez. Most Serie A teams would be better off not showing up against us. In CL we'd have seen our chances being increased significantly for the big ears. Tevez - Cavani would be a scary front line one one of the best in CL easily.

That being said I don't believe he'll come here. I'm putting my money on Juve getting Dybala. Going from there I can't see us being capable of securing Cavani.

Try to imagine this:
Tevez - Cavani
(Dybala) (Morata)​

:tuttosport:

:D

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
I can't believe people are doubting Cavani :sergio: The man is a machine. Cavani fits Juve perfectly just like Tevez did. Imagine Cavani next to Tevez. Most Serie A teams would be better off not showing up against us. In CL we'd have seen our chances being increased significantly for the big ears. Tevez - Cavani would be a scary front line one one of the best in CL easily.

That being said I don't believe he'll come here. I'm putting my money on Juve getting Dybala. Going from there I can't see us being capable of securing Cavani.

Try to imagine this:
Tevez - Cavani
(Dybala) (Morata)​

:tuttosport:

:D
4-3-3
morata(dybala)-cavani-tevez

4-3-1-2
cavani-tevez
morata

5-3-2
Tevez - Cavani
(Dybala) (Morata)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)