Summer mercato 2015 (30 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I used to want Pastore here, thinking we could revive his form. But after watching him after every match I had the feeling we should skip over that guy, and the feeling increased each game. There's no way I'd want that guy here. He is talented but he lacks brain and end product to be a quality player -- which is something he won't get and learn. He might be a good backup but that's all about it. There's no way I'd consider him for a starting spot and I don't think many top clubs disagrees after seeing him in the CL this year.

lucabrasi9tre

Apr 8, 2015
I used to want Pastore here, thinking we could revive his form. But after watching him after every match I had the feeling we should skip over that guy, and the feeling increased each game. There's no way I'd want that guy here. He is talented but he lacks brain and end product to be a quality player -- which is something he won't get and learn. He might be a good backup but that's all about it. There's no way I'd consider him for a starting spot and I don't think many top clubs disagrees after seeing him in the CL this year.
I admittedly havent watched him all that regularly since he left Palermo, where I didnt miss a game. has his form dipped that much? If it has maybe its a Cavani like situation where playing on the wing isnt best utilizing his talents. He needs to be a 10.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I admittedly havent watched him all that regularly since he left Palermo, where I didnt miss a game. has his form dipped that much? If it has maybe its a Cavani like situation where playing on the wing isnt best utilizing his talents. He needs to be a 10.
What Cavani like situation? The guy scores 20-30 goals regularly :p

And it doesn't look like a form issue. I'd rather say he's (was) a big fish in a small pond. Him at a big club is a no-no IMO.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
What Cavani like situation? The guy scores 20-30 goals regularly :p

And it doesn't look like a form issue. I'd rather say he's (was) a big fish in a small pond. Him at a big club is a no-no IMO.
PSG scores 20 goals per game as well in the joke that Ligue 1 is.

Cavani is quality, quality above our wallet.

Apr 25, 2015
Not only that, but he is slow, has very little mobility/agility, and a poor workrate.

Nowadays, AMs need decent physical attributes. Look at Silva and Mata who can be marked out of the game, simply because they're not quick or strong enough, or can be a defensive liability because they offer not even a little bit of offensive pressure/tracking back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)