Status
Not open for further replies.
OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6,943
    it's GDM on his 1st mercato show of the year so let's see if more links show up.

alaska

May 25, 2013
    10 goals in 30 apps. Not bad for someone with only 18 years. But, it is the Swiss league.

Any Swiss here? Compare his style to a player?

"Embolo"... I think I had to get vaccinated for that before I went on my holidays.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
    10 goals in 30 apps. Not bad for someone with only 18 years. But, it is the Swiss league.

Any Swiss here? Compare his style to a player?

"Embolo"... I think I had to get vaccinated for that before I went on my holidays.
    i dont know any swiss but @Nostradamus or @Black+White might know more about him

alaska

May 25, 2013
    To answer myself, this was written on the Eufa CL website when he was 17:

Playing style …
    Embolo seems to have it all; he is powerful, technically strong and decisive. He has explosive pace and is a composed finisher – currently averaging a goal every other league game. It is, therefore, little surprise that Embolo is rumoured to be on the radar of FC Bayern, Real Madrid, Everton FC, VfL Wolfsburg, Manchester United FC, Manchester City FC and several Russian clubs.

Shades of …
    Embolo has cited Mario Balotelli as one of his heroes. Both players like to lurk between defenders, both scored in their second senior appearances and both have great control allied to physical prowess.

His teammates say this:

"My heart cheers when I see him playing."
    Marco Streller, Basel captain

"I love everything about him."
    Paulo Sousa, Basel coach

"I think he is a sensation – playing like that aged 17. I like him as a person as much as I do as a player. His feet will stay on the ground – he won't be shooting from 50 metres to score the goal of the season. You can give him good advice and he is ready to take it without getting angry."
    Fabian Frei, Basel midfielder

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    i dont know any swiss but @Nostradamus or @Black+White might know more about him
    Nostradamus - There is no way Basel would sell to an Italian club, if anything he's close to Bayern Munich where he has a clause stating he cannot ever be sold outside of Germany ever again

- - - Updated - - -

don't buy then. :D
    That should discount 14.5 mill off the asking price

alaska

May 25, 2013
    id still take him

for 3-4M though

spending 15-20M on his would be too much
    I know nothing about this player, but his contract isn't up til 2019, he's young, has scored some goals.. He won't be available for 3-4m, not in this market, and not when everyone knows we have money now.

Transfermarkt says his value is 8m, but they can be pretty fucky sometimes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)