Summer mercato 2015 (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Only thing you can talk injury at most, not age since he is like 1 and half older then Llorente AND TWICE THE PLAYER IN EVERY WAY. He is by far one of the most deadly finishers in the game, it wasnt long ago he was making crazy goals on the regular. He is like less then a year older then Tevez, if you dont have trouble with Tevez continuting, you shouldnt have trouble with a player of this profile.

Financial package is another matter tho, one that we have to asses carefully if we are interested. But considering we have very young attack line options besides Llorente after summer 2016, we can afford having an older class player.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Yeah, like Barzagli, Pirlo and Tevez
Tevez was like 28 when we signed him, which is not even a good example.

Pirlo did surely pay off but his position as a deep lying regista is quite special and doesn't reflect on age as much. Barzagli, who was also great for us, wasn't exactly 'finished' when we signed him and older & more experienced CBs are the way to go.

van Persie on the other hand would be a disaster signing IMO. He's already 31 and was quite poor for Manchester bar his first season, pretty much hit and miss. He also has problem with injuries and skips quite a few matches too. Signing him to replace Tevez or Morata for example would be a pure shit transfer at this point and he's surely too expensive bench player nor he'd accept such role. He might be a decent signing for Milan or Inter who are struggling to find their path, but even in their case, relying on a striker with injuries and who's 31yo is nothing but a short term strategy. And not just that but they'd probably have to offer him 3-4 year deal, which is again, nothing but a disaster.

We should totally skip that guy. I used to love him back in the days but that ship has sailed long time ago.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

Pirlo did surely pay off but his position as a deep lying regista is quite special and doesn't reflect on age as much. Barzagli, who was also great for us, wasn't exactly 'finished' when we signed him and older & more experienced CBs are the way to go.

van Persie on the other hand would be a disaster signing IMO. He's already 31 and was quite poor for Manchester bar his first season, pretty much hit and miss. He also has problem with injuries and skips quite a few matches too. Signing him to replace Tevez or Morata for example would be a pure shit transfer at this point and he's surely too expensive bench player nor he'd accept such role. He might be a decent signing for Milan or Inter who are struggling to find their path, but even in their case, relying on a striker with injuries and who's 31yo is nothing but a short term strategy. And not just that but they'd probably have to offer him 3-4 year deal, which is again, nothing but a disaster.

We should totally skip that guy. I used to love him back in the days but that ship has sailed long time ago.
Wich is why i said, he's good for those who can afford him

At juventus, he'd not be a starter

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013

:tup:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
class (barza, pirlo, tevez, evra, buffon) is permanent

form (van persie, falcao etc...) is temporary
Falcao ruined himself. I cant care less about a classless moneygrabbing piece of shit that trew away a career for short term gain.

Van Persie has been an excellent player for a pretty long time, was good at the world cup, but had a lesser season, like most of crap united.

People make the first mistake, assuming we'll bench dybala. We wont, we'll play plenty of tevez-dybala behind Morata. Secondly, 1 injury and you cant or cant substitute.
We need a 4th player. That could be Llorente, but he's a bit one dimensional and has limited use. Van Persie plays any forward position decently.

If would be a mistake to write him off too soon. It would also be a mistake to overpay. For the right price, i'd love Van Persie here

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Only thing you can talk injury at most, not age since he is like 1 and half older then Llorente AND TWICE THE PLAYER IN EVERY WAY. He is by far one of the most deadly finishers in the game, it wasnt long ago he was making crazy goals on the regular. He is like less then a year older then Tevez, if you dont have trouble with Tevez continuting, you shouldnt have trouble with a player of this profile.

Financial package is another matter tho, one that we have to asses carefully if we are interested. But considering we have very young attack line options besides Llorente after summer 2016, we can afford having an older class player.
:tup:

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
RVP has good movement. Also think if the price is right, I'm all for him coming here still. Even at 31. He'll do more for us than Llorente would. Even injured.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I was reserved about the whole van Persie rumour.. but putting it in context and taking the financial aspect away then yes I'd like him here as Persie > Matri, Persie > zaza and sadly and reluctantly Persie > llorente. Don't like the idea of zaza here and would be happy to see the back of nagri :). So makes sense if you ask me.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
Falcao ruined himself. I cant care less about a classless moneygrabbing piece of $#@! that trew away a career for short term gain.

Van Persie has been an excellent player for a pretty long time, was good at the world cup, but had a lesser season, like most of crap united.

People make the first mistake, assuming we'll bench dybala. We wont, we'll play plenty of tevez-dybala behind Morata. Secondly, 1 injury and you cant or cant substitute.
We need a 4th player. That could be Llorente, but he's a bit one dimensional and has limited use. Van Persie plays any forward position decently.

If would be a mistake to write him off too soon. It would also be a mistake to overpay. For the right price, i'd love Van Persie here
i understand ur point, if he can re-establish himself like evra did with us, then he would be fantastic. but i would like to give the younger generation a chance (i.e. berardi and zaza)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
i understand ur point, if he can re-establish himself like evra did with us, then he would be fantastic. but i would like to give the younger generation a chance (i.e. berardi and zaza)

Here's the thing though.

Berardi and RVP, although forwards, are not the same type, therefore one will not be interfering with the other

Zaza on his best day is nowhere close to the talent level of RVP.

As long as Van Persie knows his plays and can accept a spot on the bench and being in a rotation then I'm more than cool with it. If he is going to be the Anti-Llorente and start bitching and moaning about playing time, then no thanks

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Here's the thing though.

Berardi and RVP, although forwards, are not the same type, therefore one will not be interfering with the other

Zaza on his best day is nowhere close to the talent level of RVP.

As long as Van Persie knows his plays and can accept a spot on the bench and being in a rotation then I'm more than cool with it. If he is going to be the Anti-Llorente and start bitching and moaning about playing time, then no thanks
Yes, exactly like this.

And Rakib naming Evra complements this. Asamoah out for the season and Evra filled in amazingly after a while. Our frontline is 1 injury away from not beeing able to 433, or substitute a skillfull player in 4312.
Llorente is one dimensional. Van Persie can play SS and ST

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Falcao ruined himself. I cant care less about a classless moneygrabbing piece of shit that trew away a career for short term gain.

:agree:

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
we need to stop signing finished players.
I agree, it's destroying the club and making us the laughing stock of Europe.

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest I'd take RVP. If we sign him it means our management think it's a smart move and I therefore would be excited to see what he could do.

Apr 29, 2006
Why is Benatia leaving Bayern at all? Playing time, arguments with coaches...?
Seems very fishy and could it be that Pep saw something in his game he didn't like at all? I mean Boateng was killed at Nou Camp this year, yet he played more than Benatia...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)