...SuMmEr Is CoMiNg... (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Hehehe well Oz may be far far away from all you guys, but one thing i never have to worry about is the weather. During winter, it's an average of around 20 degrees C, and the coldest it's ever gotten would have to be about 14?

I love the Australian sun :thumb:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
Even without the ozon layer? ;)
Pfft who needs the ozone layer :D

Actually, it is a bit worrying, and Australians' awareness of skin cancer and other UV related diseases/disorders. There's plenty of campaigns to raise awareness, and even babies know to Slip, Slop, Slap.

I think it's "Slip on a shirt, slop on a hat and slap on some sunscreen". :cool:

Kinda lame i know, but it helps ppl remember~

hoshi

Sep 2, 2002
Speak for yourself! :) Perth gets pretty chilly during winter, even more so down in Albany, where I go sometimes.

But yeah, in general it's a yummy warm country. Even if that does mean I have pro-melanoma all over me.

I hate that "Slip slop slap" campaign :D I'm so white that I get burnt just thinking about the sun, let alone actually stepping outside. For me that campaign is a cruel joke :)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Aww poor Hoshi.... u ever been to Sydney? Come visit sometime, yea? I was actually gonna go to Perth, for a youth conference, but had too much uni work.

Hehe I actually lied a bit, to save face for the great south land... cos it's been raining a fair bit these days...but I guess that's okay, since it's winter down here. It's funny how some people think it never rains in Australia, which is fairly valid compared to some countries...but I think they get that impression because they all come in summer.

Relatively, though, it's a warm sunny place :cool:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Pfft who needs the ozone layer :D

Actually, it is a bit worrying, and Australians' awareness of skin cancer and other UV related diseases/disorders. There's plenty of campaigns to raise awareness, and even babies know to Slip, Slop, Slap.

I think it's "Slip on a shirt, slop on a hat and slap on some sunscreen". :cool:

Kinda lame i know, but it helps ppl remember~
I'm glad we don't have that problem here - it's still a worrying situation though..!

hoshi

Sep 2, 2002
I read this thing once, apparently it was a bunch of real questions asked of the Australian Tourism Bureau. There was one:
"How do trees grow in Australia? I never see it rain there on TV."
Good stuff.

I've never been to Sydney, although my boyfriend is going there next week so I'll get him to give me a report :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)