Suggestions (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Harm? I don't want to go that far, I am just saying that it looks nicer where news section is strictly for news and discussion sections are strictly for discussion.

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
OK---I hope this makes sense.:oops:

You know how when you drag your mouse arrow over, say, the quote button and you get a mini pop up that says "Reply with quote"?

Well, for those of us using torrents (I do for CL), and who would still enjoy coming to the forum without ruining the match for ourselves, an idea:

How about where the match is listed in the news section here, it would say

"Roma vs Juventus"(for example)---ie with no score, but if someone dragged their mouse over it it would say:

Roma-Juve 1-4

That way someone who wants a quick score could get it, without spoiling it for those of us who hadn't watched it yet? :)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
The tool tips for the Quote buttons are handled with ALT text in the HTML. The only way I can think of to add tool tips to someone's embedded torrent file link is to create a custom vB tag so that it can be parsed and translated into Javascript or something... it's not a simple endeavor and is a lot of work for a small feature, IMO.

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
swag said:
The tool tips for the Quote buttons are handled with ALT text in the HTML. The only way I can think of to add tool tips to someone's embedded torrent file link is to create a custom vB tag so that it can be parsed and translated into Javascript or something... it's not a simple endeavor and is a lot of work for a small feature, IMO.
Sorry Greg---didn't make myself clear:oops:

I mean where the score is listed on Juventuz, it wouldn't show the score unless someone dragged their mouse over it.

Although, now that it's not on the forums page, I guess it's not that big of a problem anymore. ;)

OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #186
    Tifoso Lou said:
    Sorry Greg---didn't make myself clear:oops:

I mean where the score is listed on Juventuz, it wouldn't show the score unless someone dragged their mouse over it.

Although, now that it's not on the forums page, I guess it's not that big of a problem anymore. ;)
    your best bet would be livescore

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    The perfect place to discuss Del Piero's boots, Nedved's hair and we might even get into their moves on the pitch.

Good job! :tup:

OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #198
    Marty said:
    Of course, but there's no way we can check if people have watched the games or not. ;)
    vLieDetector extension.

Seriously though, the average poster here is creative, inquisitive and playful. Any exposed feature that could possibly present some opportunity for misuse, humor or abuse will be capitalised on. Order is sacrificed in the name of fun.

Which isnt a bad thing- its just something to consider when making changes.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Cronios said:
    yes these are the disadvantages of true democracy,
    souldnt we also consider the ratings of a more "official" source?
    Precisely. People get to vote in elections even if they know squat about the candidates.

I think it's fine as is. Enough people with good intentions and who saw the game should ensure the cream rises to the top.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)