Sudden Death of a Soccer Player (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I never said he died. All I said is that is absolutely impossible to do what he did with a broken neck. You shouldn't have made such an absurd statement.
Yeah, he broke his neck before doing flips and showing perfect physical capabilities. Dumbass. You really are a dumbass.
Andy, a person breaking their neck doesn't make it impossible for their muscles to move. The reason people become paralysed if they damage their neck/spine is because their brain can no longer send signals to the muscles to move.

If the guy suffered a seizure or buggered his neck, the movements that he made would have been involuntary, so it would be perfectly possible for him to have made those.

Rami, are you saying that our lives are predetermined? The only way for that to be God's wish is if our lives are pre-written in some way.
I don't want to turn this into a religious discussion thread, but here's something to think about: Christians/Muslims believe that God/Allah transcends time. If that's the case, there's no need for the endless debate about predetermination (or fate as some like to call it).

When God looks at our lives, he doesn't see April 23rd 2007, he sees our lives from start to finish. So if God sees me eat an icecream later tonight, does that mean that he made me do it? No. What we're going to do from the day we are born until the day we die is already seen and known by God, but I still get to choose whether I eat that icecream or not.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
gray said:
Andy, a person breaking their neck doesn't make it impossible for their muscles to move. The reason people become paralysed if they damage their neck/spine is because their brain can no longer send signals to the muscles to move.

If the guy suffered a seizure or buggered his neck, the movements that he made would have been involuntary, so it would be perfectly possible for him to have made those.
I am not sure about that either...I guess we should ask someone in the medical field like an EMT (paramedic), or an emergency room physician

the only time I've actually seen someone with a broken neck is at a vehicle accident scene, and the last thing they were going to do were some backflips :D

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
lol, you're talking as if I'm not Muslim. I believe that we all have a choice in the way we want to live our lives. Our daily lives are controlled by us and nothing but us. To say that God has predetermined our lives, and that everything we do is destiny doesn't make sense to me. If you read the hadith Rami posted, you'll see my exact point.
I know that you're Muslim, and I believe in what you do believe. Also, it doesn't make sense to me that everything we do is predetermined. If our life is predetermined, hence, what is the difference between the well doing and the wrongdoing? Why even did God create the paradise and the hell? So, what is the point now? My post doesn't seem that weird as if it was directed to a non-Muslim.

Anyways. I believe that our destiny is predetermined but not like the way that people can think about. I mean that you've the will to think, decide and behave in whatever way you choose. But, if you're controlling yourself, you aren't controlling the circumstances around you. I believe that God and only God puts us in situations where he tests how religious we are, our manners, our principles, etc...and at the every situation, the person's real character emerges from inside deciding, behaving and showing who that person is.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
If everything we do is predetermined, we'd be robots.
If you're expressing your view in general, so, I have nothing to say. But if you're saying so responding to a specific post, would you please specify which post?

F*ck allah,f*ck all gods,f*ck all this off-topic discussions.... gimme some of that extasy that player ate!!!!!
I don't know whether you believe in a specific religion even on papers or you're an atheist, in both cases it isn't my business and I respect everyone's own view and religious ideology.

If you're theist, do you like anyone to insult your religion or your God for no reason?

And even if you're an atheist, do you think that this gives you the right to insult anyone's God for no reason? I'm not talking about Muslims, Christians or Jews, I'm speaking in general.

Jan 7, 2004
And even if you're an atheist, do you think that this gives you the right to insult anyone's God for no reason? I'm not talking about Muslims, Christians or Jews, I'm speaking in general.

yes, since god doesnt exist, then it would be like insulting things that dont exist, like me insulting you becuase you believe in vampires and unicorns

Jan 7, 2004
now before someone starts getting offended

ahmedios, nobody is insulting your god, barkus is just complaining that he doesnt want to read about your religious beliefs in this thread

and barkus, understand that it all started by trying to explain what happened to the soccer player there, so one might argue there is a connection

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
yes, since god doesnt exist, then it would be like insulting things that dont exist, like me insulting you becuase you believe in vampires and unicorns
Looky here. I don't give a rats ass whether you believe in God or not. I really don't care whether you compare his existence to the existence of vampires, unicorns, or even santa. The point remains that there are people in this world who chose to believe in a God, however ridiculous that might sound to you. So how about you show some sort of common decency and refrain from insulting those that believe and the one(s) they believe in. After all, you don't see me insulting "nature" or what ever it is you believe is the cause of our creation.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
I think that I don't have to repeat what Tahir said. And if it is happened that you didn't read it, check above please.

now before someone starts getting offended

ahmedios, nobody is insulting your god, barkus is just complaining that he doesnt want to read about your religious beliefs in this thread

and barkus, understand that it all started by trying to explain what happened to the soccer player there, so one might argue there is a connection
No one has forced him to read what he doesn't want to read.

Mar 14, 2004
I don't know whether you believe in a specific religion even on papers or you're an atheist, in both cases it isn't my business and I respect everyone's own view and religious ideology.

If you're theist, do you like anyone to insult your religion or your God for no reason?

well,the fella had a seizure and half of this thread gone on god-religion discussion.... what are you? Idiots?

If I putted a mexican jumping beans would you also include god in that?
Go blow yourself in middle of Tel Aviv or sth(If youre a muslim) and let me enjoy this forum in non muslim,non christian and non juden way!!!!!!!

BTW,I'm Christian but I am the one that needs to read all your religiuos bullshit on a FOOTBALL forum....EOD

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
The same can be said to you.
Excuse me, what are you talking about?

How can I know that I don't have to continue reading it without reading it? Actually, I was wrong when I said "No one has forced him to read what he doesn't want to read", I should have said instead "If you haven't got something to add to the topic, stay out of it, please".

Again, what are you talking about? What I exactly said to him I said it to you as well. You are theist or athiest, this is none of my business, but some decency and respect to others' ideologies are required even if we're on an internet forum. Might be you want me to read it and then ignore it, if you can do, I applaud you.

P.S Actually, I don't know what your problem is. When you start hating someone (On an internet forum, yes, on an internet forum) or you want to prove that you're superior to him, you start trying to piss him off as possible as you can, just check the Arabic Juve Thread.

well,the fella had a seizure and half of this thread gone on god-religion discussion.... what are you? Idiots?

If I putted a mexican jumping beans would you also include god in that?
Go blow yourself in middle of Tel Aviv or sth(If youre a muslim) and let me enjoy this forum in non muslim,non christian and non juden way!!!!!!!

BTW,I'm Christian but I am the one that needs to read all your religiuos bullshit on a FOOTBALL forum....EOD
Did you figure out how all this discussion all started? Listen to that clip again. And even if you want to end this off topic discussion, do you think that this was an acceptable way to end it?

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Excuse me, what are you talking about?

How can I know that I don't have to continue reading it without reading it? Actually, I was wrong when I said "No one has forced him to read what he doesn't want to read", I should have said instead "If you haven't got something to add to the topic, stay out of it, please".
Everytime you say something and then you contradict your self, you say "I was joking" or "I was wrong". Great, now you are superior to other posters.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Everytime you say something and then you contradict your self, you say "I was joking" or "I was wrong". Great, now you are superior to other posters.
Nice notice. :tup:

Did I say I was joking in this thread? or you just repeating what you heard on another thread, just to seem funny...and where did I contradict myself?

I'd said something and then I clarified it. Plus, no one has addressed you as I know.

And who told you that I'm superior to other posters? or you just guessing it yourself, smart guy?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)